The hypnotic tapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hypnotic tapes

I just don't get them. I get so antsy and am bored to tears listening to them. On the clearing tape the guy starts to say "escalator" and stops mid word and switches the word to "elevator"...drives me batty. I wish they were beneficial for me but I guess I don't have the patience. Is anyone benefitting from them? Does anyone else feel like me? I do have ADD, that may be the problem.
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

The hypnotic tapes

Hi Heart,

I am using the subliminal cd's only- not the ones where I hear his voice. I put the sleep one on repeat and listen to it all night long over and over and over. I figure it cannot hurt and I think the universe respects that I am making an effort so am sure to be rewarded. The CD's are one more weapon in the arsenal. I also think every component to the program is vital- the exercise, the sun, the supplements, good sleep, etc. I am also listening to My Thought Coach which is a free podcast @ itunes and she has a great voice- very soothing and no funky pronunciations. I guess I am kinda binging but @ least it is on good, positive things. I am trying to cram as much positive stuff into this brain as possible and listening to a cd while I sleep seems easy and it certainly cannot hurt is my attitude.
    All the best!!!

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

Dear drenched, you make me laugh... recalling my first feelings about the CDs. There is a very long and funny thread about this here (on Holistic). Pls look it up. You will learn to call our friend Will and find out about how many mis-pronunciations he has. Please check back after you've read the thread.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

I listen to the subliminal, & hypno 2 (once in a while). The clearing one pisses me off... I get to the bottom of the stairs,(I always visualize the stairs in the woods I used to climb up the hill to my treehouse in Colorado). I have a very vivid & fond memory of all 71 of them, as I used to have to shovel the snow in the winter, and walk up & down em daily...
        But with that Damn tape... I get to the bottom of the stairs, when I should be @ the creek(in my memory)...
        "He" wants me to get on a Friggin escuulator!!
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

I think they are great and find his voice oddly comforting. Not sure why. They really help me though. Maybe keep trying it, or just focus on listening to the second CD? I have not listened to the first one in a while and focus more on the 2nd one.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

too funny guys, I'm not especially fond of the cds either. I get to the bottom of the stairs at a beautiful beach and the ocean and the guy says go down an escalator, to the hell where? At that point I was more annoyed than relaxed. I do however enjoy relaxation cds by Belleruth Naparstek. She has an alcohol cd as well. Only listened to it once but I find her voice more soothing. Don't know if effective, just prefer her voice. You can find her products at healthjourneys.com as well as some other great material

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

Guys, really, look up that other thread-- It's called Hypno Dummy, I think, in mid-July. It is full of advice and different people's experiences. And some of it will crack you up.

As for myself, they used to annoy me. After a little while, though, I got to like them and looked forward to them. Now I just find them boring (I know them by heart)... which makes for a good sleep aid. I still do them every night (almost) just in case they are helping. I did slip when I stopped the tapes, but I don't think there is a connection-- still, who knows?
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

Beatle,

It didn't come up when I did a search....Oh well. Maybe I'll just focus on the subliminal CD's.

Myheart
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

The thread was posted on 07 20 2007 by me and it's called Hypno dummy. It gets very funny after a while. You will learn to call the hypno man Will and what everyone's favourite mispronounced word is.

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

subliminal?

I just got the cd's and I went to sleep the first time I listened to the clearing one. Probably shouldn't listen to it in bed. Have a question. On subliminal and sleep learning cd's, it is just ocean sounds. I know there is supposed to be something in the background I cannot hear, but what is it and do these really make a difference????
                    Larry

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

I dared to ask that question once... apparently there is something there, and it helps some people, so lay back and enjoy, feeling like you are actually doing something. I can't see that they make a difference, but they don't hurt (I guess).

If you go to their website, there is more explanation on how they work and what they say in the subliminal ones.

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

:catroll: Hi Beatle,
                        I just did a search for Hypno dummy, even checked all of your posts around july, but I can't find the thread either.
                        Any suggestions?
                        By the way, I really liked the tapes for a long time, but then I got bored. Could really do with some new ones....:catroll:

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

that's strange. It comes up on page 3 of 8 at the bottom of this forum for me. I could go copy and paste some of the posts if you can't find it.

btw, I'm bored with the cds too, but they sure do help with my sleep problems.

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

ok, this one was from DoggyGirl (who I haven't seen posting for a while):

Clearing, Subliminal and Sleep Learning funny thing..

I was thinking of this thread when I laid down after dinner yesterday to do clearing again. When the voice started up I just mentally called the guy "Will." Now that he has a name for me, for some reason his voice doesn't bug me which it did a little bit initially. Go figure.

The word he prounounces that really stands out to me is hammock. To me it sounds like he is pronouncing it "hum-ick." That made me giggle. I'm starting to LOVE my hum-ick on the beach though.

Mr. Doggy is a techie guy, so he's been busy loading my CD's on the music server which is somehow connected to the Tivo in our bedroom. Anyway, I put on the Sleep learning CD.....I was REALLY tired last night as I didn't sleep too well the night before. So off to happy sleepland I go. Next think I consciously realize, I was mentally WIDE awake. I am laying there in my purple bikini in my ham-ick smiling and happy about my choice of abstinence (right choice for me) and I can hear the ocean and that seagull and I'm just talking to myself and the seagull and making plans for today - all the things I'm gonna do instead of drinking. And I'm thinking wow I'm supposed to be sleeping and I'm really tired, but this is really a positive thing here! Very pleasant and worth all that time on the stairs, escalater etc. Then I realize - HOLD ON!! THIS is not the SLEEP music! This is the subliminal music! Turns out the Sleep CD wasn't set to continuously loop and the server just put up the subliminal right after the sleep. **as an irrelevant side note, since I named the guy "Will" after Will Forte of Saturday Night Live, somewhere along the way I thought the seagull sounded like "The Falconer" schtick they do, so now that seagull is "Donald."****

So...I don't know WHAT is being said during the subliminal stuff, but I sure believe something is going on!! Not that I doubted it just because I have faith in this program. But I'm new to hypnosis so I was pretty amazed. Maybe it was all just a good dream? Either way, I'll take it.

DG
                            Day 3AF

Comment

The hypnotic tapes

Hiya again, Beatle,

am I going on your nerves yet? Tried again to find that thread.... went to all your posts, you have 20 pages, so no way is there a page 3 of 8? Is there something I'm missing?
                              Also tried the search again with Capital H and D and little h and d ... maybe you could post the URL? Would that work?

Gotta go and actually listen to one of my CDs instead of surfing and posting.... :H
                              Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
                              X