Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends Influence People'

Dale Carnegie's method includes 6 principles:

1 - Become genuinely interested in other people.
    I am generally not interested in others. I am a drama dodger.
    I wish my super power was the antidote for drama.
    2 - Smile.
    About what? What are people so darn happy about all the time?
    I like my grouchy crusty self.
    3 - Remember folk's names.
    That is very easy here. We all have 'Hello, my name is' tags on.
    4 - Be a good listener.

Whatever.
    5 - Talk in terms of the other person's interests.

6 - Make the other person feel sincerely important.

I just generally do not care about most of this stuff. Thus my need to read it.
    On the other hand, my better half, Determinator, is the most tactful diplomatic person you will ever meet in your life. Ever.
    (sound of puking in the background)
    (just kidding, honey! :H )

Boy, I have a lot to learn.

Better get back to my book.
    * * I love Determinator * *

Well,...lol..

I had to take a Dale C. course when I was a pharm. sales rep., he's very interesting..and, hey, the book wouldn't sell much if everyone was like your sweet hubby! I try to dodge drama too, but thankfully, I'm pretty extroverted....sometimes to my demise tho! The owner of the pharm. co. I worked for...graduated from Duke, and MIT, and they couldn't even measure his IQ...his family had owned/operated the company for years...he got a headache everytime we had a huge convention type meeting...trying to remember folks names, be personable, you name it...he's a very sweet guy, just better behind the desk, fighting detailed paperwork, the stock market....whatever...SO...I got to be his right hand PR person...I got a raise for being his "personality"....on the flipside, he took care of my "details".... So, it takes all kinds, thank goodness!!!! I'll tell you another good motivational book, it sounds silly, but its Anthony Robbins...Awaken The Giant Within...good stuff! D would enjoy it starting out his new business!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Tuff - that is why we work so well together. He is the front man, shaking hands and holding babies. I am the one in the background getting dirty and making it happen.
      I have seen some of Robbins work - I'll check it out.
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

My hubby is very reserved too, 'course some would agrue he can't get a word in edgewise, but hey...opposites attract right! I'd hate to be married to someone just like me, it'd be boring! Enjoy your book, some of it will soak in without you even realizing it...lol...
        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
        X