First timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer

Well im new to this site i joined up in the hope that people out there maybe able to help me as i can others.
    Basically i drink to get drunk and i then get mouthy and nasty towards the ones i love the most. I wish i could drink just one or two drinks and stop at that but i cant seem to. I dont drink everyday but when i do drink i really drink... arrrggghhhh im gunna go crazy :upset:

First timer

:welcome:

I used to be like you! Drink to get drunk and then up getting nasty. One thing I came to terms with is I cannot drink in moderation. I wish I could have 1 or 2 as well but I can't..... need more and enough until I pass out. So I decided to quit.

You may want to try the 30 days AF as recommended in the MWO book. If you haven't downloaded it yet, you may want to. It outlines this program and will help you understand what you are going through and will go through. I highly recommend it to start.

I hope you will read through the posts here -- there is a lot of great information and you will probably relate to a lot of what many are going through.

I hope to see you around the boards! Keep reading and keep posting.... but most importantly congrats on your decision to want to overcome this!

Comment

First timer

Joining up with hope - that's a great way to start. I can promise that we will try to do as much as we can to help you. Drink just to get drunk - sounds a lot like me also - when I used to drink. I was a really bad one. I agree with AFM - read around the boards, download the book, maybe order and try the supps (they are fantastic and very reasonably priced), also you may want to try to hypno cd's. The most important thing right now is to keep reading and keep posting. Spend some time here. It is free and we all are all open to you and here for you.
      You have a bad habit which you must change. It won't happen overnight and it will take some work. Drinking to get drunk is no good and has to change. What you can do today is resolve to change and spend today alcohol-free. Then get back on here and talk to us more tomorrow.
      :welcome:
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

First timer

Welcome, Maori! Really glad you found us.. nothing happens by chance.

Glad you are here...

Namaste,

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

First timer

Wecome Maori you are with people that do understand where you are coming from. You are not crazy so don't treat yourself that way....you have some challenges to overcome plain and simple, and here you will find some great tools and friends. Download RJ's MWO book when you can and in the meantime join right in!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

First timer

Glad to have you on board Maori.

Can`t add to all the good advice the others have already given, except to say that if you really want to quit the booze, you`ve came to the right place.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

First timer

Welcome Maori, I hope you are as successful as I have been....this is a great place for asking and seeking advice from those who have been there before you....
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

First timer

Flip, is that really you? Looking goooood!

Comment

First timer

Hi Maori, Sorry about not saying hi earlier, I was distracted. Hang in there and keep reading all the posts. They have been really helpful for me lately. I don't contribute as much as I want to. You have to really want to quit and you can do it. Do lots of reading and reinforcement. Try the supplements. I think they do help. This is a great place for support and advice.

Comment

First timer

Welcome to MWO Maori. Keep reading and posting. you will find lots of support here. Bella xxx

Comment

First timer

MAORI,

''DRINK to get DRUNK''

Hell YES!---Thats the ONLY way for ME to drink.. I dont like drinking alone [im a people person] and when I drink, baby---its ALL or NOTHING.. I mean, its been like that from the first drink I took at the age of 14 [50 now]..

I dont drink because I like the taste of the shit, I drink for the EFFECT I get from the booze. Its alot of FUN when im on my first day or two of a binge, but after that, my mind/body pays HELL for it.

You need to figure whats really IMPORTANT to you in your life. Is it your loved ones? Or is it in the booze bottle?

Once you answer that question, you will be able to take steps to take care whats REALLY important.

Bill

Comment

First timer

Welcome to MWO Maori! As others have suggested, read through the posts and get the book. You will find that we've all been there done that and possibly even done stuff you never would have thought of. We're a friendly bunch here and we'll help you through this struggle.
                        Suddenly I see
                        This is what I want to be
                        suddenly I see
                        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

First timer

Billy
                          Thanks so much for your honesty!!! Said it all for many of us.
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                          X