Mantras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mantras

I was wondering if anyone used any mantras successfully?? Would love to hear a few!! Thanks
    :thanks:

Mantras

I don't suppose it's a proper mantra, but I get real help in those difficult moments from saying something like 'this moment is passing'....or a variation on it. I think it helps me stand back and observe a craving rather than participate in it totally.

Is that what you meant, Taa?

Would like to hear what other people use

Suze xx
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Mantras

Cher`s track......"Strong Enough to Live Without You"........as equally applicable to the booze as any ex-lover!!! LMAO

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mantras

I use many mantras in my meditation, which are more specific to my Buddhist practive, but I do have one that I started using to change my stinking thinking...

I tell myself "I am not defined by who I was, I am defined by what I do today." It helps me to remind myself that no matter what I have done in the past, it will not define who I am today.. No need to carry the old baggage - you can drop it anytime you like - just let go....

Namaste,
        MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Mantras

I printed off the 13 statements from the women for sobriety "New Life" programme. Apparently you are meant to go over them all each morning then begin to think about each one by itself - taking one statment and using it consciously all day. At the end of the day you review the use of it and what effects it had that day for you and your actions.

I haven't taken them that far but I do keep them handy for those "difficult" days. There is one that has helped me get to my 15th AF day.

"I have a life-threatening problem that once had me"
          (I now take charge of my life. I accept the responsibility)

Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Mantras

i'd love to hear any mantras/affirmations. my stinking thinking is terrible. i'm going to start using all of the above.

:thanks:

because my thinking is so stinking i haven't got any yet, but give me time and i will have.

anyone got anymore please?

want
            x
            AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
            There's fire in your eyes,
            Bite me, excite me,
            I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
            Brings eternal flame.
            Open me to heaven,
            To heal me again.

Comment

Mantras

Two for you
              Live each day as if life as just begun and one that my youngest daughter says to me when I am really trying

You can do it you can do it

GGXXX

Comment

Mantras

I have the power over my brain not the other way around. That helps me get over wanting a drink.

I release my need for alcohol.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Mantras

It's a variation on the old stand-by weight-loss mantra "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels": "No wine tastes as good as being SOBER feels!"
                  Jane Jane

Comment

Mantras

A VERY good read and full of daily aspirations and other positive-thinking reinforcements is a book by Louise L. Hay called:
                    'You Can Heal Your Life'

I would recommend this book to anyone on the planet. It is really a life changing read!

You more than likely could find it in the 'self help' section at your local library and quite possibly at a used book store. I give it ***** (gold stars)!

Comment

Mantras

It's dark when you drink.
                      There is no light in a bottle.
                      It deflects the light
                      and gathers only tears..

Its cold when you drink.
                      there's no warmth in a bottle.
                      It deflects the heat
                      and gathers only years...

I wish I had the words to heal,
                      but all I can do is hold out my hand
                      and hope you will take it...

Comment

Mantras

Oh and of course you could purchase it! (Doh!) I was thinking if some couldn't afford to purchase it right now.... good read, give it a try!

Comment

Mantras

I thank you all !!

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone.
                          -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Mantras

meditation mama;209410 wrote: I use many mantras in my meditation, which are more specific to my Buddhist practive, but I do have one that I started using to change my stinking thinking...

I tell myself "I am not defined by who I was, I am defined by what I do today." It helps me to remind myself that no matter what I have done in the past, it will not define who I am today.. No need to carry the old baggage - you can drop it anytime you like - just let go....

Namaste,
                            MM
                            Hi MM

Is that Green Tara you have as your avatar now?

Cool!

Satori
                            xxx
                            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Mantras

Yes AFM you are right, I have been listening to a lot of Louise Hays lately. She's excellent with the Daily Affirmations. That is where mine came from as well.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X