Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

It's my Day 3 AF.

I'm taking all the supplements and drinking lots of water and taking campral and i went out for a good long walk earlier (during which I sprained my ankle and its throbbing - whatever!).

I don't think this is a physical craving - more like a mental obsession. I know it will pass, but I need help. Anyone out there - please talk some sense into me. QUICK!!!!!

Beth

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

I'm just going to keep talking (typing) to myself til help arrives. There is NO POINT in drinking right now. I will just feel HORRIBLE tomorrow and will be so mad at myself. It will just be the same old thing - a moment of relief followed by a mess of one kind or another. So crazy that with all I know, I still want it!!! Geez!

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

I'll try a suggestion, not easy for me either since I have been in similar situation many times. Take a hot bath or shower, listen to soothing music, take a nap, think about how proud you'll be of yourself tomorrow. I don't know if any of this helps, my therapist made me make a list of 10 things I could do that I found relaxing or enjoy before I choose a drink. Does'nt alway work, sometimes it does. You could keep yourself busy by making you own list, maybe more than 10. Hang in there

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

wonder........you want to drink right now, but you`ll be so mad at yourself in the morning if you do. It`s not easy at first, but soon you`ll hardly give the booze a thought. You just have to get through the initial tough stage, and as many of us can vouch for here.........you can get through this stage. Be strong, because you are stronger than you may think.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Wonderworld please go to my post from saturday on either general or here need help, it starts I was arrested, Read it and remind yourself of why like me you are trying to stop drinking, Do not give in like I did, you can fight this. The real consequences of what could happen are just not worth giving in. Be stronger than I was you came here for help I didnt even do that so you are already one step ahead of me in fighting this you can do it just believe in your self GGXX

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

I'm here too Beth....trouble with connection. HANG ON!

Suze x
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

thanks Kathy- I thought I WAS relaxing. I'm laying on the couch with my throbbing ankle elevated and was going to watch a movie, but these stinking drinking thoughts started creeping in. I just took more of the L glut and some more water. Deep breaths. I'm trying to calm down. A list is a good idea - maybe of the reasons I want to stasy sober....
              I'll be back.....

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Was trying to post for last 5 minutes....kept getting timed out! Sorry! :h

Beth.....you KNOW how bad you'll feel tomorrow if you give way now. Look at how well you're doing....please hang on and don't throw it away! The feeling WILL pass. Trust me...it will.

Now go and find something to do.....have a nice bath or shower? Make a smoothie to calm and comfort you? (my new recipe is in the recipe corner!) Just mooch about MWO....anything, but stay strong.

C'mon Beth........YOU CAN DO IT!!

Suze xxx:h
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Thanks GG and Suze - glad to hear from you both. I know you know exactly the spot I'm in......
                  I did read your posts from the other night GG and replied about 2 horrible drunk driving incidents I had a few years ago. I know that's where I'm headed if i drink. It's just not okay.

Suze - are you doing okay? i think we're on about the same day.....

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

That old ankle ain't helping either! Check into the Inn and get some Sven massage!

Don't let Al fool you into thinking he can make that foot all better....his treatment could easily make you fall over and break the darned thing! Have a smoothie instead...he'll hate you for it LOL

Suze x

Yep....Day 3 for both of us. It's nearly bedtime here so I've got past the worst bit.....did have a look at the bottle in the fridge and hoped my husband would drink it, but he didn't! It's still there.....the moment passed. I gritted my teeth....and it passed LOL...made me talk funny for a bit though. Gottle of geer and all that. YOUR bad moment will pass. XXX

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

stay strong wonderworld. You will be much happier tomorrow knowing you made it through some rough cravings.
                      Marcie

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Suze - we were writing at the same time. My ankle is seriously in pain so I can't move around too much i.e. shower or smoothie (but oddly I can somehow imagine getting to the liquor store). BAH!!!!!! I think I read somewhere that cravings usually pass in 15 to 30 minutes, so I'm going to keep slugging water and typing and reading posts.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

OK...so it's quite a long bad moment :H .... but it WILL pass.

Suze xx

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Wonerworld, take an ibuprofen or alieve for inflamation, elevate and ice your ankle.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

starlight - you sound so sane, it's inspiring. And Suze, how you have been managing with booze in the house is beyond me. I can't even imagine attempting such a feat at this moment. I hate AL! Hate him hate him hate him! You know you're off your rocker when he starts looking attractive. It's ridiculous. He's foul and smelly and useless and hideous and disgusting and pathetic and horrible and.......

Comment

Working...
                              X