Brand Spankin New to the MWO Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my second day to this program. Hello, my name is Slick77 - and I'm an alcoholic for at least the past 17 years. I've tried just about everything under the sun to stay clean and sober; Camprall, Naltrexone, other Meds, AA, meetings, two stints at Rehab and dispite a short period of sobriety (about four months) - been pretty much a daily drinker. It seems like it goes in spurts for me - I can be o.k. for a few days managing with only a few drinks at night - and than BAM! I'm off on a tear Binge - the last was a few weeks ago which kept me out of work for a week and a half. I'm hoping beyond hope that this program "MWO" really does work - I didn't like AA, - I didn't like my sponser, and I found going to meetings everynight simply another requirement in my already hectic schedule. I've purchased the TOPA and am hopeful for some positive results. I've also purchased the "Relax Pax", the book, and the Hypno CD's. All I could really afford for now. I suppose I'm a functioning alcoholic - I have a job, I'm married and have two beautiful joys (a son of 4 mos. and a daughter of 4yrs). I remember when I was sober, my family was a joy and my relationship with them closer than it's ever been, but like so many of us - we return to booze - and everything starts to spiral out of control. I don't want this desease to progress any further - I don't want to lose my family or my job. I'm looking for an answer, support and feedback. If there's anyone out there who can help me along in this program I would be in your debt. Also, any comments about TOPA would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Slick77

:new:

:welcome: Slick77!

I posted a message for you on the other thread. But, welcome!!

Comment

Hi Slick and welcome.
      Can`t comment on the topa I`m afraid, never having used it.
      However, I am sober, thanks to M.W.O. and making a decision to absolutely commit to getting sober.........seems you already have the necessary determined attitude to succeed.

Wishing you love and strength for your journey.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

:welcome: to MWO, Slick......you've made a good move coming here. There's lots of inspiration and support to help you put your life back together again.

I don't use the topa so can't help with that...but others will, I'm sure.

Suze x
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hi Slick: I've had more success here at MWO than I ever have. I too am an alcoholic. I don't stop once I start (until I black out that is). Currently, I've been 11 days AF (alcohol free) & feel great. I only take the multi-vit I've always taken, but you must do what works for you. Good luck! Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Slick, If you want to change your life and are willing to make a committment to do so, then this is your place. I was a heavy drinker for 30 years and now am AF for 67 days. Could not have done it without this site and the great people here.
            I would recommend reading the book and following the program "by the book". That's what I did.For the first 30 days, I took the vitamins, supplements, kudzu and l-glut, along with listening to the cd's. Of course, I spent many hours here, especially at first... (who am I kidding, I still spend many hours here, it tends to grow on you...lol).
            We can't do it for you. You have to want it and work at it, but it can be done.
            Keep reading and posting and we'll help you lick this thing...

Don

Comment

welcome slick
              it's great to have you here. if you are quitting or moderating this is a good start. everyone here is really helpful. the supplements have helped me quite a lot. it takes time and persevierence but the beginning is the worse, then it gets easier and easier.
              I hope you stick around and read and post, posting my progress and also my struggles was extremely therapeutic
              good luck & be well

trix
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Words of Encouragement

:thanks: To All,
                Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm still waiting for my supplements and TOPA to arrive. So until then, I'm sure it will be a struggle. I just got home from work, and spent the last hour before I left reading the information posted on the Community, and I think and am hoping, this is the place for me. Tonight, I'm sure will be difficult as I'm going to really strive to cut back. Haven't told the wife yet that I joined this program. I'm thinking she thinks I need professional help - so without going into a Rehab, or a Doctor's note for some prescription - she'll probably think this site is just about sucking up struggling people's money????
                Anyway, I'm committed and have made a decision to try to make this program work. Your comments and feedback are always appreciated.
                Thanks
                Slick

Comment

Slick, take the program for a test drive if you feel your wife will be disapproving in regards to becoming a subscriber if that is what you are speaking of. To see if it is your cup of tea and will work for you.

If you are talking about ordering the online products, I doubt she will be upset (I don't really know, but I can't see why she would be). There is nothing wrong with a bit of self-help. Being proactive in your desire to become well speaks volumes to others.

Comment

Hi Slick and welcome

I second what all the others say. Regarding the money, its up to you if you buy the supplements or not. I think that I have abused my body so much it needs a bit of tlc and the vitamins help. The book is not expensive and nobody forces you to buy anything which I like. Good luck

Rustop

Comment

There are no gimmicks here, and nobody pushing you to buy anything. This place is about offering alternatives, and support. LOTS of it!

The only commitment you have to make is to yourself.
                      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                      X