20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20th

I guess I'm the early bird today. I had an AF night last night. I love saying that. We even went to a BYO restaurant where I formerly would have insisted on bringing a bottle of wine, but I just didn't need to. I was a little bored when we came home, but that just seemed okay. I'm getting used to the nights that aren't packed. I wonder whether I started drinking more heavily when I didn't have a house full of kids any longer. That seems like too simple a solution. I'd been winding up to it for a long time. And I had a stressful day. Last summer I had two laptops that I gave to the tech gut who does our macs, and I asked him to hold onto them for me because one was mine that had blown its hard drive and the other was my son's whose screen was blown. I thought I would get a new hard drive for mine and transfer my son's data to it and give him mine, which was better. As it turned out, my son didn't want mine, so the computers sat there. I called a couple of times, but the folks seemed reluctant, didn't return my calls. I finally called and said I wanted the computers back. The guy said he would leave them at a "pick up" point in Plano (I live in Dallas) so--well, okay, that's inconvenient, but I'll do it--I drive out there, can't find the place, but there's an ebay drop-off store. I'm sort of feeling like Cary Grant in "North by Northwest." I call the guy, and he says he forgot. He'll meet me there later. So I go shopping at Target, buy a shoe tree, come back, he calls and says it's going to be another hour before he can get there and can he send them to me. Okay, I say. So a start driving home. Just as I am about to turn onto the frontage road for I-75, with a car behind me honking, the guy calls me back and wants to know what we were planning to do with those computers again. My husband thinks he's lost them. Plus we got new carpet and the whole house got turned upside down and I can't find anything. And I didn't drink. Diarrhea is still a problem for me, and I though I had it solved with immodium, but it came back. I have held the topa at 75 mg., and I don't want to go to more, but I don't want to quit because it has worked so well. I am afraid, however, that when we go to Japan and HOng Kong next week, I won't have things under control. I guess I'll just stock up on immodium. We are going to see my son, who is teaching English in Japan, and I really want him to see how successful I have been because he has a real problem with alcohol. Well, that was long.

20th

I am trying to send you an ezmail and can't because of the yuku thing. How many times are you taking immonium a day? It says only twice a day. I started it yesterday and quit all the supps, including AllOne except the Zudku. I have a client appointment today and can't afford to be doubled over or screaming in pain. Note to those who have intenstinal issues and like really hot food - WATCH OUT!

By the way, you and I are neighbors. I live in the area of about 36th Street and Greenway.

Barb

Comment

20th

20th

Good afternoon actually,

Late checking in again! I am so sorry you guys have the GI issues : I am just having back and shoulder and elbow pain (seems worse since I am taking the topa anyway?:rolleyes ) I don't want to stop though, even though it doesm't seem to be working still! I am soooooo hating myself today ( but forgave myself for the big slip......drank alot, ate a TON!!, thought the topa was supposed to make ou lose your appetite!?!?:rolleyes : ??) I was eating everything in sight!! Maybe "PMSing", maybe stress?? I am DETERMINED to go AF tonight, I hope my brain stays on that wavelength at 5PM which is when it usually changes and heads for circleK to get a few beers!>:

Well, enough of my failures, I know I want to do better, and I will...........want to do well for my brother's welcome home party in16 days (but was hoping to lose a couple pounds!!)....won't do that if I keep having replays of yesterday, will I!?

I am going to the gym today to hopefully undo some of the damage from yesterday!! POSITIVE NOTE!!:h :happy

LOVE AND HAPPY THOUGHTS!! Thanks for letting me get that out!!!!

Mary Anne:d

Comment

20th

Hey ya'll! I'm still getting re-organized from my mini-vacation! Had a great time kayaking & camping! Went down to the Chetco River (it's only about 50 mi... but worlds away...:happy :P ), on Monday. I wasn't sure if I was going to camp overnight , or come home that evening, so I took tent, etc, w/me... It's sooo beautiful there!
        Crystal blue water, no motor boats, super clear & clean, Big Foot Country!! Anyway... I ended up staying till yesterday!

On Monday, when I was leaving town, I stopped to say hi/bye to Hubby... he said, "DO me a favor, if your having fun... don't call me" Well.... it's pretty "Wild" & untouched country,... no phones, no cell reception...I was camping about 15 or 20 mi upriver...And I WAS TOLD NOT TO CALL.... SOOO, I didn't talk to Hubby till yesterday AM when I came downstream, on my way home.

I had a few mssgs:rolleyes on my cell....

I can't wait to go back! Now I'm home vaccuming dog hair...(my dog was w/me!) What's wrong w/this picture?:rolleyes ... I'm just doing the minimal amount though.... just so I can stand it too! I have to work the next 5 nights, so I might as well have a comfy home to enjoy ...

I'm ready to go back down there! Maybe, this Monday...

PS I brought home a bunch of beer... just didn't get around to drinking all that I brought!:eek :P :d Judie

Comment

20th

Hi all,

Sophia, does sound like the guy lost them or sold them when he didn't get back to you. What a pain. Good for you for not drinking!

Barb and Sophia, I am sorry for your GI problems. The first couple times that I included the All in One. I had intestinal issues myself. I went to 1/2 dose until I got used to that. Now it seems good.

Judie, I missed you! so glad you had an awesome trip. Clean, Clean beautiful water sounds so nice!

Mary Anne, I am determined to do AF myself this evening as I have been doing so good, when I plan around events, etc. Last night got back from my physical therapy session on my shoulder, in terrific pain. Started drinking and not counting. I was so hung over this morning, worst headache I have had in quite some time. Did an overboard last week. So I don't know why I am just doing that binge thing for the heck of it?

Did get some good news on my mom, she has to go to the oncologist but the second set of tests run on her lymph node turned out negative also. I was relieved and maybe that was part of my trigger - no one had to rely on me last night so I let it all fly!

Hugs to all,
          Mary

Comment

20th

Ok, I don'tknow why it says I am a junior member! On the top of the page it said Welcome post your first reply. etc. This does look like a very organized forum.

Comment

20th

New Mod Member

Hi All,

I am reletively new to MWO (Day 14). I was looking around the new site this afternoon and would love to join you all on the Moderation thread. I am doing pretty well thus far. I love this site. Great insight from others, awesome support and overall a safe place for me to be. I am doing all supps, CD's and exercise. No topa. I don't think I need it. But, if I do, I will make a bee line to my doctor. I am working towards moderation. Like so many here, my daily habit of a glass or two of chardonnay became a menacing habit of a full bottle, seven days a week. I knew that I was in deep trouble. Found MWO and felt I found the miracle I had been praying for. For the past two weeks I am so happy to report that I have NOT awaken with a hangover. I have had at the most two and half glasses of wine in one evening. I have not been drinking wine during the week. My plan is to have wine with dinner on Saturday night. I even made a date with one of my daughters for tomorrow night. Dinner and a movie. I will have iced tea at dinner. That feels so good to say. In the past I always wanted to go to a restaurant that had a good wine list. I would not have wanted to eat an earlier dinner to make a movie. There would go my drinking time. In fact, I lost interest in going to an evening movie, I would rather go home and continue drinking. Well, I hope to get to know all of you better. This is an amazing journey we are all on. I wish you all, all the best.

Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

20th

That sucked

I went to reply to Mary and (is it Deana, I forget now) and this program lost all my records or something, but my user ID and password that I had been using for the past month or so was invalid!! SOOOOO, I had to go and register all over again!! WHAT A PAIN!!!!!!

ANYWAY, Mary, I hear ya girl, hope you are AF today, as I am......hoping I sleep ok though, usually the first night I do, so hope my track record holds true....tomorrow I guess I will tackle when it gets here .......hope all is well w/ mom & dad for you....

Deana (hope I got the name right as I can't scroll down to your post like we used to be able to to check names and things, sorry if I am wrong) welcome aboard, you will LOVE it here ........we are all on a journey and learning lifes lessons, some of us stumble a little or alot on the way, but we are some strong women (and men I guess, don't know of many yet?!)

For now I am going to go take a hot shower, heat up a heating pad, listen to CDs and get some shut-eye.....see you'all tomorrow!!

Good night!!

Mary Anne

Comment

20th

testing

Comment

20th

This is my very first MYO post and I am already finishing out my ninth week in the program. My story is so similar to so many of yours, it almost seems strange! Here I am at 9:00PM sipping a bottle of sparkling water. Nine weeks ago I would possibly be eyeing a second bottle of wine. I've found that this isn't a miracle, and absolutly takes self determination, but it's a heck of a lot easier than moderating/abstaining with no help at all. Thanks to this program, I can honestly say I've gone from probably 30 drinks per week to around 4. My MD. is ecstatic, obviously I am too.

I've been reading some of these posts for a while now, and you seem like a really great community of people anxious to help not only yourselves but others as well, including me. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X