Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19th

HI!!
    Son's bday party on Mon, Swim meet and another birthday thing yesterday, swim, lunch meeting, zoo today! Whoa!
    Sorry I've missed posting. I have been sneaking peeks to read, and I have been sticking with my keeping track of drinks (only had a few each day, nothing major to report.... which is good to report!), stopping after that, and drinking water before bed. Beat my record for my 5 mile run yesterday. 53.06 minutes. Slow for anyone who knows running, but fast for me! Used to take me a full hour with some walking breaks. I ran the whole thing, whoo hOOOO!
    Mary Anne, hear you got your exercise in. Girl, keep that drinking down and the exercise up and I promise the weight loss you want will happen. I'm almost at 9 pounds lost now!! And you know about my occasional drinking moments... so keep working at your goals!
    Sophia is doing AF nights, one thing I need more of, always! Nice job!
    Laura continues to crack me up with the hypno itching!! The hypno is working though, yes? Or something is, I think! Try mittens:lol
    Janet and Mary, how did your dinners go?
    Chrys... POST HERE! You told me the same thing! This is about sharing and cleansing and learning and growing and GETTING BETTER.

I'll try to check back later.You're all gonna laugh, but hubby is at another concert! Ozzfest. Sure he'll come back smashed! I'm staying busy, ending my activities today with another stretch/strength/yoga class, so I'll be occupied til at least 8pm. Out of danger:evil HA!

Take care, all!
    Becca

19th

I wonder whether it's just the power of suggestion, but I was listening to the hypno, and my nose started itching. Then, I had to stop, started again, and it happened again. So I thought, well, at least I'm not alone. It's so incredibly hot here that I can't imagine running anywhere, Becca. Yesterday it was 107. It's a good thing I'm leaving the country soon. We replaced our carpet yesterday, and now I can't find anything. I got a DVD from the Osteoporosis association, so that's going to be my exercise. I'm not exactly on your level, but my days of swimming lessons are over, too. Have a good day amonst this national heat wave, and best not to watch CNN.

Comment

19th

Hi All,
      Heat wave let up here in Boston last night with huge storms.Party was fun and I was ok til someone handed me a glass of wine. I drank it but that was it as I ended up driving myself. Will try to be AF tonight. I'm tired so hoping for an early escape to bed.I'm a little down (because I'm tired I think) so putting myself to bed early is my best bet to save health and sanity.
      I did not get to gym this morning so will run now(I run but am not a runner.Becca 50 min for 5 miles sounds great) Gotta do it before I change my mind.
      Will check back later. Keep cool !!!!
      Janet

Comment

19th

Hi everyone,

Vino-- you live in Boston --my favorite town!!
        Sophie -- where do you live again.
        Becca - thanks I am still not sure though because I am floundering and not counting. I drank a bottle of wine last night.

I am exercising however at gym -- treadmill & swim. I took the Real Age test. Really! depressed! me as I was 3 years older than I should be.

I just kinda think if you are going to be on pne of these moards, abs or mods, you should follow the guidelines. In fact, I think we should have published guidelines for each board.

I read some stuff on older boards & it is very discouraging to those trying hard to put up with someone who isn't & keeps whining & gets "keep trying your OK" thing.

Point is: what is 'trying" here at Mods MWO or MWO Abs. If you are trying, then fine. If you are really NOT trying..then not fine. I think people can tell. But it is relative. Still I think we should have guidelines. MAYBE

All of your exercise programs are motivating -- I am going to tune in more to that.

Also who has been successful in MWO without the topa? I think CV has. Any others that you know of?

Comment

19th

I wanted to check in, it could be my last for the week. I have a minute at work now. Very gloomy warm day here.

My in-laws are coming to stay and they will be in the room where I keep my computer at home.

Speaking of family, the family treads are always HappySad ones aren't they? It's not that I don't like my in-laws because I do, it just that my post graduate, independent thinking husband whom I am usually so proud of turns into a beer swilling, buttheaded pig when ever his father is around.

I like the suggestion about the mittens. :lol The CD's do seem to be working as I am still at the 25mg topa, but I also think the L-glut and aminos are really helping this time too.

Everyone keep exercising. I will, if you will! Just a thought, I started my walking program a couple of years ago with the "Walk away the pounds" series of DVD's by Leslie Sanson (think thats right) It could be of use for those of you in the really hot spots.

Laura

Comment

19th

Happy 19th!

Hi all,

Becca, I remember those days of non stop birthday parties and swim meets and soccer and karate, diving, sailing, windsurfing lessons. Whew! enough to wear any mom down and yet the really fun parts of being a mom that they grow out of so quickly! good for you running like that.

Yes, bloody hot here and for New Mexico humid so the swamp coolers really don't work. You just sweat. Office has the air conditioning which usually freezes me out but actual feels great at 70 degrees today.

Sophia, sounds like a good DVD. some weight bearing exercises on it?

Janet, I too love Boston - great city. I was awfully tired when I first started the program. I am taking only the supps and had to cut the calms forte until the nightime. I was falling asleep at my desk if I didn't. Every body is a bit different and I think you have to come up with what works best out the program for your body and your situation.

Chrysa, I think I have been successful in the program without the topa. I didn't want to take anything more than the supps. What I truely think helped me a bunch was the tapes. Getting my head wrapped around the habit and the stressors that set me off. The hypno tape gives me such a calm collected feeling at the end of a deadline oriented day. I don't have to have a drink then, if I have one after I have listened to the tape, they last much longer and it isn't that "craving hunger" for it.

Laura, we will be thinking about you. I really like my in laws also. About nine years ago, I still had my studio at home, the guest bed was in my office space and they totally didn't get that I needed to work. We moved them to our bedroom so I could have the computer room. By the next year, I had my office space in this biz bulding. I understand you can't be with us. I can only be here for privacy sake when I am at my office and alone.

Dinner was interestng for me last night. One lady is trying to break into the movie industry which is growing here in NM. She had a casting call for 5:30 this morning. We bolted by 8:30. The other lady does NLP and past life regressions. Incredibly interesting food for thought. In NLP, they look at past childhood experiences that you track back to when you are stuck in a habit. they find that time where you literally decided you must be the care taker or whatever it is that defines you in a pattern. She said often times habits/addictions are not broken until you can deal with that. Your head says one thing but your subconcious mind has a pattern it reverts to. I thought about the tapes and they help break that pattern in your subconcious mind set. At least I find they do for me.

Anyways, one glass of wine that I didn't finish and heartburn most all evening into the night. tough nights sleep.

Judie, hope you are having a great time kayaking and not working too hard.

Kathy, we miss you and hope you are doing well in absville.

My mom goes into this afternoon for results on lymph system and getting her drainage tube out. She should feel better. She is till ab it loopy but not like Sunday's epsiode. I am hoping it is just the meds!

Hugs to all, have a wonderful and successful day.
            Mary

Comment

19th

Re: Happy 19th!

HEY ! hAD A blast!:happy ..Just a quik check-in. Gotta go get ready for work!:rolleyes ...:P :d Judie

Comment

19th

Re: Happy 19th!

Hi all!

Had a busy day and didn't have a chance to check in, good night, but I hope you all had a good day, looks like it from all the posts!!

Mary Anne:happy :d

Comment

19th

Hey everyone! Miss you!!:c :c I'm doing okay, although a tad cranky at times, but handling it.

I've got a suggestion about hypno itching!!! Scratch it!!! That's happened to me too, and if it becomes bad enough that I can't ignore it, I just scratch it, darn it!:lol Beat that itch at its own little game!:evil

Please don't despair, Chrysa, I'm 5 years older on Real Age!:eek We've gotta get to work, girl! Also, there had been some debate on exactly WHAT moderating is, and here on MWO we have pretty much come to an unspoken consensus to let people decide for themselves. If you want more structure, you can go to the moderation management site too (moderation.org). There are a number of people on MWO who go to both sites. MM has more specific guidelines for moderation, as you may already know!

I can't address everyone individually, but it is good to see all of your posts! I miss you all too, and abs is weird, and my tummy feels funny, but I'm doing okay. I miss you all though! Maybe sometime in the future I will be able to moderate successfully, who knows? Can't really think about it now, though!

Love and misses!:d
                  Kathy

Comment

19th

Hey babe! You are awesome Kathy. Don't think MM is for me. Have read some/too much.Too many awesome interesting people here in MWO. Yes..we got to get to work on the phsycial body aspect. Secret -- people are much happier in abs than in mods. My analysis from reading. Hang in there. Gotta go to bed ..Luv...C

Comment

19th

wanting to post all day

I've been following the July mod board all month, but not posted. I feel like I have been moderating pretty well with some slight bumps in the road, but want to jump on to the August Mod event for sure. Reason to butt in on the July post is that I am fascisnated with the way you all have handled the family "triggers" as in Sophia with your mother and how eloquently you handled that!!! and Rebecca how you beautifully you can shrug off a comment from your husband and not turn that over to a glass of wine...or in our case, a bottle of wine, or in MY case, a box of wine!
                      I say this because family issues are such a tiricky thing! I am getting ready to go to a family reunion tomorrow...leaving at 4am to drive to another state (where hopefully it's cooler---I too am in a state where it's 107!! SWEAT!) and I'm looking forward to it, but also dread the dynamics and although am armed with supps and topa....I am fearful!!! My sister (older and controlling) called last night with some last minute "suggestions" and after I hung up, I managed to drink way more than I intended to, for what reason, I don't know, accept for hearing her voice!! Frightening!! Let alone spending 3 days with her!! I woke up with a headache and I was furious with myself!! I went for a walk, sweated out some wine, felt better and swore that this "reunion" will be great!! Wanted to let you all know that it will be great!!! Thanks for letting me butt in to this thread--You keep me inspired! Here's to us!
                      Sm...Mary

Comment

Working...
                      X