Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barely made it though work

Hey,

I've been reading all your helpful posts today and it helped a lot. Until I get the MWO book and some of the different supp/meds, I don't know how much all of you can help me. I had a shitty day and need to drowned it all away as always.

Is it frowned upon to drink well we post? I am addicted to this forum as well. You guys kept me feeling sane today at work. Now I get to go sit alone at home :sigh:

I'll buy a six back to start and see if I can stop with just that..........and this forum. If drinking is frowned upon........I will just read. Wish me luck....think just six. C-ya all when I get home

bye for now

Buddha27

Hi buddha,
    We do not frown upon anyone here.........if you feel you can`t attempt to quit until you get yourself armed with some tools, then we understand perfectly........we`ve all been there.

Would be good if you could stop at the 6-pk though........is always helpful to cut down a bit before you quit.

But please remember that drink is not your friend...........I should know........I always drank home alone. Friends do not take from you, and that`s all the booze ever does........take........then take some more.

Glad you posted,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Lots of people drink while posting on here from what I have seen. As long as it doesn't get belligerent or hurtful towards others.

Are you sure you want to go and get that 6-pack? Don't let a shitty day deter you from your goals. Can you ride this out?

Comment

Yes, I drank alone for many years. I understand what you are going through. But like Starlight said, it is not your friend.

We will be here for you no matter what - OK?

Comment

I think this is your choice, but when you are sober and see a drunk post you don't remember posting, it might be a bit embarrasing. I tend to not post when I have been drinking, since I come here to learn how to be sober
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hey,

I going tp have one more.....then I'm going to sleep, my second best escape. C-ya tomarrow every one.

Buddha

Comment

goodnight Buddha, no worries, come here, hang out, whether drinking or not. Maybe you will drink less because you are reading and posting. It has helped me more times than I can say. I have been drinking while posting, is there an acronym for that? DWP maybe? Not tonight though, now on melatonin and 5htp so gonna conk soon too. :h Suz
              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hi
                trixietrack has got a good point there it is embarrassing when i looked at my post the next morning not making any sense. good kuck to tomorrow buddha.

Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

Never be embarrassed for coming here drunk.........we`ve all been there. Unless people are abusive on the boards, there is no harm done in posting drunk.

All of us here have big hearts.........is sad but true that noone truly understands us, unless they have ever had the misfortune to walk in our shoes.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hello everyone

Thanks for understanding

I feel much better today

Buddha27

Comment

All the best for AF tonight, buddha.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Good deal Buddha, when you get the meds you will have an easier time. Good job
                        bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

good on ya buddha good luck,
                          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Hope you're doing ok Buddha. We look forward to sharing in your journey to sobriety! (how kakky was that?) lol
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

guess what

I am posting drinking as we "speak", or post, couldn't even make it through the day, so it is OK, by my book......................have done it before, but how I LONG to have some AF days and some brain cells to think more clearly, will do, but right now, this is my frame of mind, I know I am a day behind, so good job Buddha, I know you were AF yesterday, so today is a goood one for ya!!

Keep us posted, I will keep checking in drinking or not!?

I beleive it should be ok, cuz it is part of the process..................just my thoughts

Lots of love and hugs for all:l
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X