July 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 18

I guess I get to open today's thread. Thanks so much for all your feedback. Just the pats on the back saying I handled Mother right, and I did, didn't I? Your support is something I carry with me in the back of my mind. Thanks for the email, Phil. It's like that beach in the hypno CD. You are all there back in the palm tree groves, or whispering beyond the seagull cries. I like to read the posts and see what brought people here and see what how courageous you all are. Chrysa, I'm thinking of you and your struggle right now because last week the topa was making me feel really yucky. For some reason, it's not now so much, and it works so well in terms of alcohold cravings that I'm going to stick with it. I'm enjoying my AF nights, which was unimaginable to me only 2 months ago. Anyway, thanks.

July 18

Pretty Day here. Did a 4 mile walk this morning, I really need to lose a few lbs. I keep waiting for the Topa weight loss to kick in.
    A lot of garbage at work, I did the clearing cd last night to work on it and yes, I itched until I fell asleep. I need to have a couple of af days after the camping trip, will try that tonight. Good day to you all!

Laura

Comment

July 18

Well good afternoon!

A little late for me today, glad you two are awake and enjoying beautiful days, beach sounds really inviting right now, but HOT......It is lunch-time here in FL, so I may go outside for a little walk for some much needed exercise......

I am looking for the weight loss too, seems I want to eat more than ever (and drink!?: ), guess I just have to give it more time...........did the CD last night and of course, fell asleep, can't make it through one without!

Oh well, back to work before I get busted!! All the docs are at lunch right now, but they will be back soon!!

Talk to you all later.......... :h

Mary Anne:happy :d

Comment

July 18

Re: Well good afternoon!

good day moderators,
        Beautiful day here but quite hot. I think most of you are quite hot at this time. The warning on tv said to drink plenty of water and limit caffeine and alcohol.As I sit here with my cup of coffee I've decided that I must make today an abstinent day.Sounds easy but I have an event tonight with a few friends and wine will be flowing.I have to take the challenge though as have been giving in to urges of late. I keep telling myself there is no reason I have to drink. I enjoy these people and I will enjoy them without drinking. Will take extra l-glut though before leaving.I'll probably listen to the cd's in the car on my way there.
        Will check in later.
        Janet

Comment

July 18

Hi Everyone,
          Still feel odd posting here because I am once again in experimental mode, but my sister Kath told me to continue, so I am. I am not going to report until Friday. So far things going OK I think (not great but OK), but one needs a week I think to really evaluate these things.

Sophie -- WOW--- I am happy for you. Sounds to me like the topa is OK for you --so I say stick with what works --ey?

It is very hot & typically humid in Jersey today also. Forget where you are from Janet.

Laura - wow 4 mi walk. How do you have the time?

MA -- hang in ...you can't quit now ..right...perserverence is key to success...right

~Later~C

Comment

July 18

July 18

Hi All!

Yes, Sophia, you did an excellent job of handling your mom.

Laura, I think the exercise helps me with my work mental stress and my family health emotional stresses. The walk must have beautiful.

Mary Anne, I don't know why a lot of people say they fall asleep with the tapes. I find that or the exercise bike help me unwind after work and I rarely fall asleep, I come to a calm place. (of course, this from someone who has HBP and my son thinks it is from my hyper personality - he likened my mom and me to two little shaky chihauhaus. I found it quite funny because it is true on my mom! :b Tough one for me to come to grips with on my own personality!!)

Janet, good luck tonight. I have a dinner meeting with friends also and decided I would have a glass of wine with dinner. Now if it was rum and cokes getting passed around, I would probably have to abstain!

Hope everyone else is doing well today.

Still no more news on my mom. My dad is hanging in.

Hugs to all,
            Mary

Comment

July 18

Hangin in there!

Hope everyone had a good one today, glad to see more of you posted today!:happy

I checked in earlier and it hadn't changed so I had nothin to add!

Chrys, you are ok, you should keep posting to keep us abroad as to how you are doing through the week, but what do I know??!!:

Judie, where are you, did you have a good camping trip??

Mary, I hope both your mom and dad are diong fine!

Janet, hope you do well at your dinner, I ended up having a few beers, less than before, but wanted to go AF (oh well )???

Sophia and Laura, exercised both of you right??? I ended up making it after all, thank GOD!!

Bless you all and I will check in w/ you all tomorrow, got a busy one at work though, so may not be til late....................:h :happy :P :d to all.........Mary Anne

Comment

July 18

Hello Tawney -- where are you.!

Hey Tawney

Copying this from the 'over 60's' thread-- just to get a giggle out o f you...
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Tawney -- I love Gloria Steinhem (sp) -- one of my true heroines -- I truly believe that women are stronger than men in all ways. Show me one way? Bring it on!. And re: the physical --- leverage, cleverness-- there is always a way to get it done.

My feminist daughter thinks I am a pretty good feminist -- but I have learned SO much from her. I am now totally convinced of what I said in first paragraph. Too bad all of this learning took me such a long time.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Tawn... if I lose everything, end up poor, which could easily happen, can I build a little cottage on a little sacred place on your 14 acres and plant flowers and meditate and take care of the critters. And tend your sacred places? ~Chrysa

Comment

July 18

OK MaryAnne

OK Mary Anne-- thank you. I am so not used to group support...maybe much of any support...

We are always the ones listening, empathizing, helping..right?

Comment

Working...
                  X