Just starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting

:new: I am just starting and am anxious to get started. I feel I drink too much. I never drink during the day or even have the urge to. I suffer from mild depression and always have. Genetic, my mom had it and she was an alcoholic. So I see my future if I don't get control now. It is no problem for me to finish a bottle. Last night because I am stressed, just moved to Salem Ma, am looking for a job and am all by myself - I said what the hell and drank 2 bottles!!! I haven't even been over this entire site yet and have no idea what I am suppose to order - I guess I will do that next. But wanted to say hi and let you all know I am here.

Just starting

welcome, I found this site and MWO in July and only recently started posting. Great people and resources. Congratulations on your first step.

Comment

Just starting

:welcome:

It is a very good thing you realize where your drinking is heading and looking for a way out of it. Especially if you have alcoholism in the family.

It must be terribly lonely for you to move to a city by yourself and be looking for work! I cannot even imagine.

You can find information on the supplements at the health store listed on this website. You can also find out information about the supplements and other medications listed in the medication/holistic healing forum.

When you are feeling particularly lonely, log into here, read and post away. One thing about this place which makes it so great, is you won't be alone - there will be someone on here to help you along. I know it isn't the same as in real life, but it has helped many people with their loneliness and isolation.

Read around and ask lots of questions. Again, welcome!

Comment

Just starting

Oh and a great place to start is to downloading the book. It will outline this program for you and very affordable!

Comment

Just starting

Hi and welcome,
          Good luck, you have taken the first step.Y ou will find you have a lot in common with
          lots of people on this site. Keep reading and sharing your worries, it does help.
          My dad was alcoholic, it does appear to be hereditary. Hope you soon find a job.
          Love Paula.

Comment

Just starting

Hi bugsy and welcome.
            You sound much as I used to be.........I never drank `til later in evening, but it became a nightly habit to boost my mood..........I just had to have my wine.

M.W.O. is a great place to be.........am almost 3 mths. sober and have this site and all the great friends I`ve made here to thank for my sobriety.

Love and strength to you for your journey,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Just starting

Thanks so much!

Comment

Just starting

Thanks so much the support I appreciate so much!

Comment

Just starting

Thanks

That is exactly what I do.....I like to relax and have my red wine at night. The only thing is I can't stop once I start. Last night was an exception at home, but I stop after one bottle of wine, but that even is ridiculous. When I don't drink I feel so good the next morning, but after about 2 nights of that I am ready for another go around.

Starlight Impress;210807 wrote: Hi bugsy and welcome.
                  You sound much as I used to be.........I never drank `til later in evening, but it became a nightly habit to boost my mood..........I just had to have my wine.

M.W.O. is a great place to be.........am almost 3 mths. sober and have this site and all the great friends I`ve made here to thank for my sobriety.

Love and strength to you for your journey,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Just starting

Thanks

I am just learning how to send replys. Thanks for your support.

paula;210796 wrote: Hi and welcome,
                    Good luck, you have taken the first step.Y ou will find you have a lot in common with
                    lots of people on this site. Keep reading and sharing your worries, it does help.
                    My dad was alcoholic, it does appear to be hereditary. Hope you soon find a job.
                    Love Paula.

Comment

Just starting

Welcome - I'm new too

Hey Bugsy,

Welcome - I just joined the program yesterday:new: , and already feel like I'm making a positive change in my life for the better.

Believe me, I know only too well where you're coming from...I used to only drink at night, to elevate my mood - but the disease of alcoholism is progressive and after 17 years of drinking at night - it certainly tends to be habit forming and harder to get control of as the years continue to pass. Hang in there - I know you may seem alone right now, but another symptom of alcoholism is that it isolates individuals - so the feeling of being alone only increases as you continue to consume - I'm struggling to break out of my own shell.

If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to reach out to me. In my experience, recovery seems to work alot better if you have someone you can at least reach out to and relate your feelings and emotions - even your cravings too. My experience in recovery stems from two stints at Rehab, AA meetings and maintaining a small period of sobriety. But, for whatever reason, you seem to get to a point that you think that you can "handle the booze", that it's not really that bad - then boom! You're right back where you started.

The online health store should point you in the right direction as far as what's necessary. I've ordered the supplements - which should arrive on Friday, and the TOPA - which should arrive about a week later.

Anyway, good luck and I hope to hear from you in the future.
                      -Slick
                      :welcome:

Comment

Just starting

Welcome Bugsy. We're all on the same road, just at different points.

Well put Slick, tell it like it is.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Just starting

hello Bugsy :welcome:

i know how you feel when you say you only drink at night. i do that too so i always thought it was ok it's only recently that i realised it was totally out of control and like you i would have two days or so off the drink and then go hell for leather with the wine. i'm only a newbie but i have found this site really helpful. wether your up or down there is always people here for you. so good luck, you can do it! x

Comment

Just starting

I am checking in every night. The last 3 nights have been awful, because I am away from my friends, but that may be a good thing...all we did was drink wine at night. I have ordered the supplements but do not have insurance until I get a job, so I don't know if I can get the topa....can I get it online or do I definitely have to go through a doctor? I don't think I will stop drinking the wine until my supplements arrive. I am so down right now. This just has to stop and hopefully now it will. Thank you so very much for all your support. I know in time I can start giving it to others.

Comment

Just starting

Hi Bugsy and welcome! I am a big believer in the Kudzu, l-glutamine and the CDs. They all help with the cravings and really do work.

Many people do this program without the topamax, but should you decide to try it out you can order it online without a prescription. But try the supplements and the CDs first and see what you think. I work at home so I understand the bad combination that can happen with being at home alone and also liking to drink. But these things help. As does coming here and getting the online support. We are one cool group of people!!! :welcome:
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X