July 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 16

OK, guess majority rules (or everyone else is politely keeping quiet about their opinions??), but I'll keep posting the truth AND keep up with my program and trying to keep the drinking to a dull roar!
    Got up for my 9 miler this morning! It turned into a 6 mile jog followed by a 3 mile walk, cuz my stomach got really upset.. heartburn, etc. Told hubby about it. He concluded that any time I have a little binge like I did thurs, then drank again friday, my stomach is acting up. Rebelling! I didn't used to ever have that problem. Guess my body doesn't like me doing that to it any more! I think irjanedoe over on abs was saying something like that the other day. Like, her body used to talk to her those ways, but she would quiet it down with more alcohol. Now we choose to listen more intently! I've certainly been reaping the benefits these last few months, and now that I've got tummy trouble narrowed down to alcohol indulgences--I THINK??--wow--more reason to keep on keeping on...

So thank you again everyone for the comments yesterday. Chrysalis, you were so concerned and very caring! Thank you. No, hubby and I are not in the entertainment business. We just love our music, love to party, do love to entertain at our house. I'm in therapy (rehab) and he's in medical equipment sales. I mostly stay home with the boys though:h . Only working, oh.... 3 hours a week or so! If that... I'm just on their "as needed" list.

Shas, I'm so glad to see you around and plugging as well. How ARE things going? Did you ever go on food tv.com and get that Emeril's pot roast recipe??

Judie, read about your extra ledges of women. I like them on my fish too:happy OMG! That's funny! You wonder if you would say these things without the topa or not... hmmm:rolleyes

Back on track with the moderation. Everyone have a great day!
    Becca

PS: Kathy, the cucumber soup was a huge hit!!! My mother in law wants the recipe. Do I have your permission to give it to her??:lol

July 16

Happy Sunday to all.............had some beers yesterday, dinner and lunch out w/ family (OH that family stuff, gotta love it!:lol ) Today will be AF......am gearing up to go to the gym in a little while.

Then will get home, ride my horse alone : for a while........no, don't like to ride alone, but my old horse is still lame(has a boo-boo on his back foot)

THEN, I get to clean the horse"yard", yeah, you know what that means guys!!: :lol

Counting the days til I go to PA to see my little brother when he gets back from Iraq........actually will be there in 3 weeks........my hubby talked me into flying ( he and the kids are going to drive and pick me up at the airport on the way/ drop me off on the way back).......

Anyway, you guys all have a great Sunday!! ENJOY!!!

Mary Anne

Comment

July 16

Hi ya'll just checking in. It's my Friday!:happy ...And I got the Monday shift covered ... so, I get to go kayak the Chetco!!Yahoo!!:rollin WAAAAYY psyched!:lol I might go down tomorro morning, and then camp overnight after boating. Haven't decided yet, but I'll just throw my tent & sleeping bag in the truck, & see what I end up doing!

I was talking to a friend at the store last night, he reminded me of an upcoming event this next weekend. I'll be working that night, but I'm planning on doing the short run/walk part. It's an incredibly sad story, of what occured in 1998. But amazing strength & courage on those that live on...
      At the sentencing, there was not a dry eye in the courtroom, even the judge & officers...:c
      If you'd like to check it out, it's at,

www.friendsforjustin.org

Comment

July 16

Judie,
        I hope they have caught that SOB and he's locked up good and tight for life.
        It's T's 8th birthday tomorrow. Sure makes you hold on to your kids extra tight and never let go.
        Good luck on the run! I'll be thinking about you and Justin and his family, friends, and all who have been touched by this tragedy. Question, though, Jude: I see you can donate and there are scholarship funds set up. Is that for his brothers and sisters or for a memorial fund against domestic violence? Do you know? Are you being sponsored for the run? I'll donate to you, if you are:h
        Becca

Comment

July 16

Yes, Judie, please give us a little more info! Such a sad story! Although you can never breathe a complete sigh of relief, I know that I do feel a little safer now that my daughter is 16 and a little more savvy and able to take care of herself. Keeping my fears under wraps so as not to scare her, but also take reasonable precautions was such a challenge when she was younger!!! Justin's family sounds so courageous!! I'd still be in a padded room!:eek

At any rate, I am just getting on at this late hour because I swore to myself that I was not going to let myself get lost on the internet until I got done what I wanted to today!!! Good old deferred gratification!!!:lol So I got all my casenotes done, and some billing as well. Cleaned my kitty boxes, yuck!, and etc.

Gearing up for abs: But at least I drank moderately yesterday and today. NOT so on Friday!! Oh well. I'm waiting to see what I'm going to do tomorrow, but I would sure like to have my last day drinking for a while be a reasonable day and not a blow out!

Anyway, hugs to all!
          Kathy:d

Comment

July 16

July 16

Just catching up on the posts.Weekend over and I slipped but didn't crash.
            Rebecca, as predicted when we went to the rugby on Sat night in Brisbane, we celebrated, particularly when WE WON. The Aussie Wallabies defeated the South African Sprinkboks 49-0. Can't get too carried away though. The 'Boks didn't play very well and the Wallabies will have to be superb to defeat the New Zealand All Blacks on 29th July. Maybe your son & husband saw the game on TV?
            Love reading everyone's posts and I don't apologise for 'slipping' with alcohol because I know I am still 100 per cent more in control than I have ever been. Although I used to be very out of control.
            Cheers
            Maires

Comment

July 16

Good to see you Maires!
              "Very out of control"
              Yes, as many people know, the day I came here, it was the morning after I passed out BEFORE dinner at a friend's house. Kids present. Rugby friends, surprise, surprise!
              This was not an entirely unfamiliar pattern for me. Husband having to put me to bed before everyone else. Unexplained bruises...
              and every day I would say "I am better than this. I love my kids and love my life. I have no reason to get that hammered. I'm going to keep it under control today because we have _____event today" (you guys see, we are always doing something!)
              I COULDN'T. Not on any regular basis, anyhow.
              So that's what I consider out of control. Truly felt I could not do anything about it but abstain, and didn't know how to do that either, without wanting to kill myself (sorry, abstainers, I mean AT THAT TIME, and with no help, etc... just hopeless)

SOOOOOO: it's been amazing! Certainly not to say I haven't taken my liberties and drank too much on occasion. Must be diligent all the time. Must be here all the time. It takes work, but as far as I'm concerned, it's worth it. No one has put me to bed early.HAVE had a couple times where I've had brutal hangovers. Keep going, Maires!

About those Springboks!
              Our buddy, Frikkie was over to watch the taped delay of the game last night, but I had already checked the score. Felt bad for the guy! He was singing the South Africa national anthem and everything. While my hubby had his Australia jersey on! We had about 10 people over to watch the match.
              You should ezmail me with scores when the games finish. It would TORTURE my husband, and that would me fun.....
              oh my.....
              OOPS
              :lol
              Becca

Comment

July 16

Hi All, just got home from work... finally! Off till Wed:lol :hat ...

Becca & Kathy, thanks for asking, but unfortunately, Justin was an only child. Juli & Randy are both very kind hearted people, so the scholarships are being set up for well deserving kids in the community. I think it's something that has been very healing (as much as ... if anything ... can be...for them...:h ) I've worked with her at a couple of different places, he's a musician. Both amazing people.

The guy (animal) responsible for Justins death, was only 17 years old... a very sick individual... Showed, (and still to this day). Shows no remorse. He wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. He wanted to be a famous serial killer. He actually was in pursuit of another victom, on the same day, thankfully she wasn't home,... another child. Someone else he knew. He admitted all this in court. Unbelievable.

Since the guy was a minor,... he seemed to have a lot more rights.... Very hard to believe our "JUSTICE" system... What rights did an innocent child have when he was begging for his life?

I just wish they didn't lock the SOB up... I think they should announce ahead of time when & where... and release him! Let some good ol fashioned JUSTICE prevail! Sorry. I was at the sentencing... It was sooo hard , knowing these people, and seeing this. That creature has a warm dry bed & 3 hot meals every day of life!:evil That, to me is not JUSTICE>:

Comment

July 16

Sorry to hear all this Judie, :evil

It also angers me as well, and I'd love to get my hands on him as I couldn't imagine my 12 or 14 yr old boy being killed........or any one of our children however old or young....life is too precious! And to do it "just to see what it feels like"?!..GRRRR>: :evil What a sickie, i will chek out the website and read more about it as I am just getting started for the day, starting today's thread in a min....

Mary Anne:happy :P

Comment

Working...
                  X