Mid life crisis???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid life crisis???

When I quit drinking this year I was immediately thought to be having a mid-life crisis by a few people who new me. It was just so unbelievable to them that because I was always the life and soul at parties, always the last one to leave, biggest alcohol and drug fiend on the planet etc etc. that there could only be one explanation for it. They couldn't get their heads round the fact that I was taking an interest in other things like reading again and exercise and non-drinking activities (OK! wearing shorts everyday might of gone a bit too far!). But the immediate response I got was quite laughable at first considering I'm only 37. I just wondered if the same thing had happened to any others, even if it wasn't The mid life crisis reaction I got!!! It didn't bother me in anyway either I'm just interested to hear what others have to say about their own experiences!!

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Mid life crisis???

Ive had a hard time at a party, some blokes just dont get it, they are probably insecure because by seeing you sober they may realise that they are also pissheads, just shake it off mate just like you did and keep at it.
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Like you, I was too young for a mid life crisis - I wanted to stop because it was ruining my life. More fool your mates if they can't see what a good thing this is for you, and for themselves if they cared to embrace it. (hey, we could become alcohol evangalists!!)
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Yip, hip..........they`re all just victims of the green-eyed monster, `cos you`re getting your act together and they ain`t got the "balls" to do likewise.

Actually, Flip, "alcohol evangelists" sounds good.........I`ll bang the tambourine.........what you gonna play? :H

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Starlight Impress;211644 wrote: Yip, hip..........they`re all just victims of the green-eyed monster, `cos you`re getting your act together and they ain`t got the "balls" to do likewise.

Actually, Flip, "alcohol evangelists" sounds good.........I`ll bang the tambourine.........what you gonna play? :H
          It's obvious, Star.....Flip will just wobble her butt for percussion. If I'm invited I'd like to ding the triangle. I am adventurous, you know.

Suze x
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Mid life crisis???

I'll play didgeridoo or flute seen as flip has the percussion sorted out. but if flip's lame ass isn't up to the job I can play congas and tablas !!

Hippie xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Cool hip, as long as you all understand that the crescendo is my forte!!! :rockon:

And I don`t mind shaking my maracas, just to maintain the tempo, you understand!! LMAO

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Starlight Impress;212011 wrote: Cool hip, as long as you all understand that the crescendo is my forte!!! :rockon:

And I don`t mind shaking my maracas, just to maintain the tempo, you understand!! LMAO

Starlight Impress x
                Your innuendos Star just get better and better everyday!! Not nearly as close to the 'bone':H as I would like but hey I can't have everything my way (apart from OUT!).

By the way I'm also a classical trained penist (note to self: learn to spell properly!) So I'm also up for tinkling the ole ivories a bit if you want!

Love and Happiness to you this morning Star!
                Hippie
                xx

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Hippie????.........methinks you`re more of a raver!!!:H

And........"innuendo".......whatever do you mean? lol

Comment

Mid life crisis???

you could get yourself arrested for playing your classically trained instrument in public!
                    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Mid life crisis???

wow, you are a man of so many talents hippie. and you aren't even going through a mid life crisis. so happy you are tickling ivories everywhere you go. the ladies are smiling i'm sure
                      :welcome:

Comment

Mid life crisis???

I've tickled a few in my time boots!!LOL

Comment

Mid life crisis???

Starlight Impress;212029 wrote: Hippie????.........methinks you`re more of a raver!!!:H

And........"innuendo".......whatever do you mean? lol
                          Hippy? Raver ? All the same in my eyes! Ravers still promote peace and love even though it may be through different chemicals than the hippies did. But if you look at it like that then ravers are only Neo modern Hippies!!

Did you get my massage by the way?!!!

Love and Happenis
                          Hippie
                          xx

My spelling has gone terrible since I joined this forum! It's OK on other forums but on here!!!

I blame you lot! and especially you Star!!

Comment

Mid life crisis???

funny funny raves are great. we had last weekend in downtown and the weekend before. hummm since the music started in the 80s and moved forward guess you could say that lots of difft types were there. i'm practicing hula hoop. wahooooo hooooooo. i'm so glad that star can interfere with your spelling. she has that effect on alot of folks. lol
                            :welcome:

Comment

Mid life crisis???

My hippie ways!

tkeene;211722 wrote: I have a friend I have never met face to face, he lives in another state, but he is a "hippie" and he has really never given me an explanation that I understand that explains what one means when they refer to themselves as a hippie? Back in the 60's it meant long hair, drugs and peace, what does it mean 50 years later? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.
                              hip?pie also hip?py (hĭp'ē) pronunciation
                              n., pl. -pies.

A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyle

I was going to start a proper post here tkeene but I think I will save my explanation for another day as it may run on a bit and I'm tired!!!lol
                              It's 3.40am here so I'll get back to you tomorrow I promise.

Night and Godbless
                              Hippie
                              xx

Comment

Working...
                              X