Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Friday

Hi everyone

Lots of new people on the boards today. :welcome: Come on in and let us know how you are doing or have a good vent. The week-ends are hard, just back from the supermarket and stocked up on AF wine and beer. I have not bothered up to now but it is hard to sit there when hubby is enjoying his glass of red!! It does not bother me during the week but I find week-ends hard. I guess I have not reached the not feeling deprived stage yet. I too will be having a glass of red tonight without the alcohol.

Big hug to Cindi, I know you are going through a hard time right now, will be thinking and praying for your daughter. I think as mothers we would all prefer to go through pain rather than see our children suffer.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Friday!!

Happy Friday everyone, Rustop thanks for starting the thread today!
    Hope everyone is doing ok today, and does alright this weekend, I am bracing for a rough one, going to the Hurricane/FSU game tomorrow and have "party animals" in town for the weekend.:eeks: I will have to start over again on Monday if I have a rough one, but I have faith that once I commit I will do well!!:thumbs:

Just left the orthopedic clinic for a knee that is bone on bone w/ arthritis, and I am seriously going to consider in a month partial knee replacement..................it hurts so bad now that I didn't even work out for but 20 min. yesterday................ouch!!

Hope everyone will have a great day and I will check in later w/ ya!!

LOVE AND KISSES!!!!:h :heart:
    MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Rustop & Cowgirl: I'm doing fine AF. I'm realizing that the social drinking is not my biggest problem. It's the solitary drinking I miss the most. That certainly says something about my ability to deal w/myself & w/life. I'm working hard on understanding why I need a drunk break from my life. In the meantime, keep well everyone. Rustop, I don't know what is going on w/Cindi. I'm assuming it's in a post somewhere here at MWO. I'd like to offer her comfort & compassion if that's what's needed.

Cindi, I feel very close to you. We're in similar places in life, & I always get so much out of what you say. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

rusty: I found Cindi's thread about her daughter. I messaged her. love, Mary
        October 3, 2012

Comment

good job

Please give Cindi our best and take care, we all need eachother here!!!!!

MA:h :h
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT

Hi All,
            Today is a good day for me. I'm in the last hour of work, and I'm finding myself usually spending that last hour of the work day reviewing this site. Usually by that time, there's nobody left in the office but me, and I don't really have to worry so much about anyone looking over my shoulder.

I'm still waiting on my supplements and TOPA to arrive, so aside from reviewing this site and gaining strength from other's comments, I've yet to trully get "into" the program. Yes, I've ordered the book, and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. However, I must admit that since looking into this program and making a decision to purchase the medication, book, cd's and supplements, my outlook regarding my condition is now at least one of hope. In fact, I've been able to markedly moderate my etoh intake the past couple of days and feel really determined that I can make that AF jump upon arrival of the "stuff" I've purchased on the site.

I'm hopeful that this weekend will prove to be a good one, but I know that I can't look at the weekend as a whole right now - but simply focus on tonight, and then after tonight, tomorrow morning and so on and so on. What really gives me a sense of strength is knowing that I'm not alone - that there are others out there like me struggling with the same conflict, the same issues, the same fight.

Well, just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know where I'm at today.
            Thanks for everyone's support.
            :thanks:
            Slick

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I have just got in from work, I'm back at 7am tomorrow, so I wont have to worry about
              drinking on saturday. I don't worry about social drinking Mary, I also have a problem with
              the solitary, but I have managed to stay af for some time now, which makes me feel so
              much better, still not counting days though, that seems to be when I blow it! Enjoy your af
              wine Rust top, I can sympathise with your knee prob Cowgirl I get arthritic aches and pains, have you tried Glucosamine ?.
              Welcome Slick, once you try this programme your life will change completely, good luck.
              Thinking of you Cindi. Love Paula. xx

Comment

My dear friends,

After this week, I really understand how important friends are. You have all been wonderful and I really appreciate it.

Mary, I never got your message. However, I do want to say thank you for thinking of me. I care and need your friendship, too, so much. You are a beacon for me when things are down.

My daughter was discharged today. The diagnosis, dysfunctional gall bladder, gastritis, and a hiatal hernia. They want us to treat the gastritis and hiatal hernia first with meds and diet. Then they will "see." She is uninsured. No one wants to do surgery on someone who probably cannot pay.

However, the GREAT news is based on the scopes today, she has no cancer (a real concern from the symptoms) or Crohn's or ulcerative colitis (a chronic life changing diagnosis as AFM will tell you.) So, I am a happy mommy!!

Everyone, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. This has meant a lot to me. Yes, she is a 26 year old and an adult but she is still my baby and always will be. Geez, my 83 year old mom is the same way with me.

I have been abstinent all month except one night, MY FAULT AND NO ONE ELSE'S, I do not deal with anxiety well. I have a hard time dealing with the panic feeling, pounding heart, short breath. Too bad wine makes it better for a short time, too bad wine has turned me into an alcoholic.

I have made another appt with doc to discuss this issue. I do not want Valium or Xanax, but I think I may need something to help me deal with anxiety while I endeavor to go AF long term. Life throws ALL of us curve balls and I need to be able to handle it without props.

Sorry I have rambled so long, but that is where I am. I can stay AF until something really hits me in the gut. I know it is mental but that is why I started drinking in the first place.

One day out of 31 is not bad and I am going to be AF for the rest of this month and then start on another 30 day goal. This is a WHOLE lot better than drunk every single night to passing out, heh? But NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Love to all of you!!
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi all, newbies WELCOME, you really have found Your Way Out, hope you are all feeling the vibes from this site tonight. You have just entered something that will, if not turn your life around (as it has mine) then it will touch on you all in someway. All I can offer is to keep looking in, trawl through some old post (great wisdom there) and to keep posting. Yes for those of us who work Mon to Fri then tonight is the pits, the Woohoo it's Friday..... but ...... come on now, when we wake tomorrow morning, please believe me ... the buzz from having an alcohol free Friday night is the greatest .... Take care all of you.

Lxx
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Cindi: That one slip does not ruin a whole month. I slipped on Oct. 5th & while I'm not happy I did, I don't feel I'm back to square one (i.e. on the day I came to MWO when I was drinking a bottle a day). Stock up on plenty of great foods for your little girl...she'll come through this. I know exactly how you feel about your daughter...I have one too who is the light of my life...she's 34. Love you, Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

:new: A new member here... joined last night. Seems to be a good place for inspiration and support.

Anxiety and alcoholism isn't a good combination, the past week I had to call in sick a for few days as the result of what I believe to be making myself somewhat toxic. Saw a walk-in doctor yesterday, but he wasn't much help, and after a few phone calls to see what sort of help is available, I've realized nobody but me is going to save me from me.

I've gone cold turkey before, but it never lasted longer than a week, and I don't think it's a good thing to do to my body right now. I'm going to try cutting back first. So, yesterday I was able to about halve my typical consumption, only had 3 beers and 4/5 of a bottle of wine. Today I didn't have a drink in the morning, and I'm on good track for keeping the consumption below about 5 drinks. If I can keep this up for a week or so, I'll probably try to get it down to just a couple of drinks a day.

Looking at the state of my life right now, I've lost a lot that was important to me, so I'm motivated.

Comment

Working...
                      X