Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 14

Good Morning!

Although it is already 10:50AM here. I guess everone is off working. I work at home. What a blessing! Hope everyone is well. I am feeling better.

Isn't this flag day or something? Still haven't caught up with everyone's posts yet.

Had 3 large white wines last night. Liebframilch -- my favorite. Also only 8% alcohol. Stupid how I rationalize my behavior. I slept really really well last night after the cds. I am happy I will be able to sleep now & not battle that. Wow -- OMG -- I even feel like exercising today.

Anyway just keepin' on keepin' on here I guess. I was thinking yesterday how inspirational in so many ways you all are. Like -- "if so & so and so& so can do it -- then I should be able to. We are all humans, made out of the same stuff -- you know "the right stuff" -- we are WOMEN. (Got carried away there)

(I know I this is a non-gender board). Sorry guys. There really does need to be a forum for guys & their own unique issues.

Well, sorry I don't have a quote for you'all today. Wait -- ok -- just pulled this out-random--

"The grand essentials for happiness are: something to do, soemthing to love, and something to hope for..." (We can all hope & look forward to better health because of this program.)

--or --
    "You'll be happier if you'll give people a bit of your heart rather than a piece of your mind"

--&--
    "The heart is happiest when it beats for others"

"Happiness is learning your daughters boyfriend has had his electric guitar repossessed by the fianance company"

"Happiness is not the absence of conflict but the ability to cope with it'. (Love that one)

"Happiness is like jam -- you can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself"

"The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles"

Happiness is ...a perfect rose.
    Happiness is ...a sleeping child

Happiness is ....chocolate cake :rollin

:h Chrysa

July 14

Morning ya'll!:happy :h Chrysa, Love the quotes!:h I found someone to go kayaking with this week!! I (had) Monday,Tues, Wed off, till last night @ work,... when someone asked me to work Monday for em... I've been trying to get a couple of shifts covered for when we have a family reunion, coming up... so, I agreed to work Monday (which is the day I had planned to kayak w/ my friend on the Chetco River ...bad timing) Still trying to figure out a way I can do it all! Damn life does get in the way sometimes!! And to think of how many days I "wasted" (literally), hiding in the bedroom, "sick & tired" & too hung down to do anything!!Work OR PLAY!!:rolleyes :P :y .....:P :d Glad to hear you're feeling better Chrysa!:h :d , Judie, Good day everybody! I've got a looonnng one @ work today.... , catch ya later!:d

Comment

July 14

Hi everyone

Just checkin in w/ you'all!!

Happy Friday!!

Had a few beers last night, felt fine this AM, having a good day today...............glad to hear all your quotes Chrysa:h .......The horse seemed to be doing better last night! (that is a releif)

My doc called a script for topa too!! I will stick w/ 100 mg for now.

You all have a great weekend if I don't touch base, and happy kayaking Judie!!!

Mary Anne:h :P

Comment

July 14

Happy July 14th!!!

Yes. . .it is a good day!

Chrysa, great quotes! You sound better today, Kathy was right about the football analogy.

Mary Ann, you are hanging in there really well. I hope Topa is part of the answer for you.

Judie, my dear, I am so happy to hear that you have a kayaking companion! Now we don't have to worry you are out there alone!!! Have a great time and I hpe you don't have to work this coming Monday!

Becca, hope you are having a good day.

Kathy, we miss you but absville is a nice place, we will go over and visit you and vice versa . . right?

Sophia, thanks for sharing. the testing was weighing more on my mind that I thought it was.

My mom is doing pretty well from her surgery on Wednesday. She got up this afternoon and was walking around some.

My dad had emergency surgery yesterday, a squameous (sp?) cancer, next in line after melanomas for danger. Went and took care of both my Mom and Dad last night. He did not bleed to death as he is on a blood thinner and no time to get him off of it. I was pretty worried over the two of them.

Out at the crack of dawn to be at my second mammogram sonagram this morning. WAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOO! Just glandular flair ups on fibrous breasts. No tumors, no surgeries in the near future for me. Now, hopefully everything comes back good on my parents.

I had 1 rum and coke last night, don't know if I would have had more or not for the stress, but didn't get back home for my own dinner until after 9:00. Pretty burned out and didn't stay up long.

I hope everyone has a lovely, relaxing and restful and don't forget the FUN weekend!

Hugs and Love,
        Mary

Comment

July 14

Re: Happy July 14th!!!

Hey Gang!

First -- I really wanted to say this -- for all or any newbies reading this -- Even though I went back to drinking some hard liquore & don't feel good about wine intake -- it is still about 50% less than when I got involved with MWO. Yes -- its true. It seems whatever time you put in here at MWO is well spent. I think my brain established some new patterns during those topa days & other parts of the program.

Found a way to copy/paste to get everyone's name....

Mary (MKR) -- Halleluhah!! So common those thick fibroids. So so so glad. for you.I had radical hyster last summer this time (uterine cancer) Went well.. Thank you for the long post & Names. AND thank you for thinking of me -- yes super super analogy - football!! I do feel better , so much better..but NEED to stay centered,vigilant Scared.. Mary -- can imagine you are burnt out dear.. full plate ...understandable...take care..You are doing so great though...

Mary Ann, hang in....you are so strong the way you keep trying to find your way out ...YOUR MWO--

Judie, ..whew--hooo... out on another adventure. So wonderful. My son lives in VT & he is totally out doors & into adventures-- beautiful. ps I am worried about you going out on the Pacific alone though -- I know how it must draw you --- I am an ocean person --water in my soul

Becca, so you are from the UK? What kind of therapy did you do there?

Kath, I don't understand really. I thought you started Absville. I know you are the originator of these monthly boards. I remember the first Mods board. And thought you had already done a lot of abs?? Yes? Later Luvey...(aka ms. upper darby :lol )

Sophie, you beautiful woman ... thanks for your interest .. it feels very odd to me that anyone woudl be interested in me or my progress..but I guess that i s par t of this place & journey here ..WOW

~Chrysa

Comment

July 14

Hi All!

Chrysa, for someone with "no quotes" I'd hate to see how many you'd come up with when you were rollin!!:rollin I do certainly agree with the grand essentials of happiness, for sure! (As well as many of the others, but they are ESSENTIAL!) I'm glad that you are feeling a little better today.

Hey Judie, I hope you DO get to do it all. You sound like you are very comfortable with solitude with your doggie, but I know that some companionable kayaking would also be wonderful for you! I sure do hope you get to do some soon!!

Have a great weekend, too, MaryAnne, and glad that your horse if feeling better, as well!

My Goodness, Mary, how much more do you have to take???:eek The good news seems to be that you are holding up nicely, and so far so good with your family!!! There is enough medical drama so far to be on daytime TV, it seems, but so far so good!!!

At any rate, I'm not moving to Absville until Tuesday, when I think the move will go a little smoother for me (although truth be told I'm scared sh*tless!!, but not as bad as if I said I'd stop today:eek , before the weekend!!:eek ) And it's not as if there's an IRON CURTAIN between here and there is there?? I mean we're still allowed to TALK, right?? We'd better be!!!

Chrysa, I just was the first "leader" of the monthly moderation board because I was asked to do so. Thanks for thinking that I am some kind of authoritative relic around here, but truly, I'm not. In fact, if I could just do a couple of weeks of abs and go back to moderation, I'd just stay here in Modsville and do just that!! I'm actually due for a major tune up, no in fact, a major OVERHAUL!, and thats why I have to abstain for at least a month or more.

I am so glad to hear, though, that as you are evaluating things, that you are seeing that there truly IS an improvement!!! That makes me truly happy for you!!

It is touching how moved you are by our caring Chrysa!! You really don't know how special you are now, do you??

Love to all of you!!
            Kathy aka Ms Upper Darby:rollin

Comment

July 14

Hey Guys,
              Have been away from my own computer so couldn't post(forgot my password and didn't have time to have it e-mailed back to me) but I could read all your posts.
              Mary, I'm glad your tests came back ok. It is scary to have to go thru tests when you think the outcome might be bad. I pray for both your parents.
              Kathy, I really think I need absville but don't have the courage to go back there right now.I really learned a lot doing it in May. I had 3 AF days this week and found THAT to be really challenging.I was thinking about when I could try abs again and laughing at myself.....it's as if I was going to take a trip somewhere and had to plan my life around it. In a way I guess it's true..you really have to make it a priority. I can't right now but I'm happy to be here.
              I was thinking of you Becca tonight as I know you take a long run on Sat morning.I'm going to do a 7am class at the gym so it disciplines me into going to bed early.I'd prefer to stay up and have wine but I'll feel so much better if I don't .It is so easy for me to pick at food when I drink as well.I had three huge glasses of wine last night and woke up feeling like a hippo(of course I ate as well).
              Although of late my posts have been sporadic I think of you all throughout my day.Hope you all have a great evening.
              Janet

Comment

July 14

I think I will like this forum. I think I did well at Abs...but, sorry, not ready for life-long commitment. I know, I know...one day at a time....For me....much of my prob developed when kids were young, I was insecure....hated having to depend on a man (went against my upbringing)...scared the bejeezers out of me! Felt like a lost soul...inadequate at everything!!!!! I am doing ok right now. I drink occasionally....less now that I have 2 jobs. I am asserting myself with my s.o....it's Fri night, we never do anything....either i go out with friends from work, or we spend a cpl hours out reconnecting. That has been a huge prob for me. So, now i am all dolled up and...who knows..maybe a walk in the park...maybe frozen yogurt...maybe a piano bar...but something.

Comment

July 14

Wow!! Busy, busy, board today! Busy where I was too!:b Feels pretty darn nice to sit down with a nice chilled glass of wine and have some left- over "Super Mac" w/ peperocinis! :happy
                  Of coarse there was no time to eat @ work today... in the 9 hours I was running & throwing food at people! Great exercise though! :eek :rollin

...:P :d Judie
                  Ps Mary, soo glad to hear, your test results weren't too bad... Peace & prayers...:d

Comment

Working...
                  X