Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRIDAY NIGHT FREAK OUT - 1st Week AF!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. I'm not freaking out. Not right this minute anyway. But I was ....

I was just in the grocery store, hadn't eaten since breakfast really, it's getting on into Friday night, and there was the Cold BEER!!!!!! I know I don't need to tell you guys how much I wanted to CAVE!!! I paid for my groceries fast and ran outta there!

Friday night - and the weekend - feel like trigger time to me. Just puttin' it out there. Anyone else feeling a little twitchy !?!?!

I plan on dosing myself silly with supplements. And drinking water. Staying close to this BB. I don't want to drink. (but I do!) . But I won't. Can anyone relate? Somebody slap me!!!!!

Sluggin' it out-

Beth xx

Beth, you can DO IT! You made it past the beer so now find something relaxing to distract yourself. Don't worry about the rest of the w/e. Just think about how great you will feel in the morning! Great job.

Comment

Fridays and weekends are always the worst times for me also Beth, I know exactly how
      you feel. Good for passing the beer, supps and water are a good idea, so is eating, have
      some chocolate or something you like to eat reward yourself for not giving in to the temptation. You are doing well.
      Love Paula. xx

Comment

The key sentence in your post is that you had not eaten since breakfast. Low blood sugar and hunger can make us want to drink. Eat a hearty dinner, take your supps and read a good book........you can do it!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Beth....my 7 Day pal....hang in there! Just take it a day at a time (and an evening at a time lol).....and keep thinking ahead to the next morning when you're going to feel so good and so proud of yourself! You're doing so well :l

I'm still sick so I'm off to bed now......thought a little brandy might be medicinal....ha!...I saw through the Beast's trick immediately and hit him with my stick

Stay focussed on how you want your life to be.

Suze x
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

EAT!!!!!! That was my saving grace!!!!! You need to fuel your body with the good stuff!

Comment

Thanks AFM, Suze, Lushy, Paula, Ducky and Everyone.

My blood pressure (and blood sugar) have returned to normal. I kNOW about the eating! I left the house without my wallet this morning, and was running around without it all afternoon! I let the hunger go too far...... That's one thing I did take away from my days in A.A. : the H.A.L.T. thing - don't let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. Good basic sense.

luv you guys!!:h :h feel better Suze!

Beth

Comment

Glad you feel better Suze and good on you for not falling at the first fence of the shop... well done. I think weekends are the test for us all, me definately and I am so proud to be sitting here posting at 11.15pm UK time, that is such an achievement for me, hope you are feeling as smug as I am, we deserve it. Take care.

Lxx
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Tea! Excellent! It's 6:18 pm here. I plan on being sober at 11:15 pm too! Go us!!!!

xox B

Comment

Good Job! You will feel so good and be so proud of yourself tomorrow! Stick with it. Be strong and stay focused on your goal. Before you know it you will be looking forward to waking up every day alert, sober, and hangover free.

Don
                    Day 70

Comment

Thanks Don. "alert, sober and hangover free" - now there's a fine phrase! Music to my ears-

XX B

Comment

Hi everyone:

Just a few words of reflection here.

I started AF back in December 2005. I wish I would have known more about my own blood sugar and diet needs back then.

I feel now that there would have been a lot less white knuckle crisis, and "tear my hair out" cravings to deal with. There were times over the first year when I came dangerously close to a blitz out binge, because of too much sugar, caffeine, or not enough pure water.

Anyway, I now eat about 6 meals a day, of about 400 to 500 calories each. NO REFINED SUGAR, and all other carbs are high quality whole grains, starches, vegetables, or fruits. I started monitoring my blood sugar with one of those meters for diabetics a few weeks ago, and have learned quite a few interesting things.

Advice here about blood glucose (sugar) is great. Keep it as even as you can, without spikes due to binges on candy, cookies, or other refined sugar sweets. I now realize many massive bouts of alcohol craving were due to blood sugar crashes, because of insulin bounce.

Now almost two years later, paying attention to my diet seems second nature now. It really keeps the body-mind connection on an even keel.

Giving up the sauce is tough. A major effort, and anything you can do to give yourself the advantage is well worth it. Friday night, my old witching hour, and not a craving within miles now. Hang in there.

Neil

Comment

Sounds like things are wondrously wonderful in Wonderworld at the moment!

I still have friends now who have been years sober and still have to divert from supermarket aisles which contain alcohol! It's knowing your triggers I think and learning to get over them ( or rather cope with them!)

good on ya wonderworld!

Love and Happiness
                          Hippie
                          xx
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Wonderworld

I just logged on so am just seeing your post. Please post back and let us know how you are doing. We are all sitting there with you. We just can't see you, but we are certainly with you and feel what you feel. Let us know how you are doing.

We're gonna make it just fine and feel great in the AM

:goodjob:
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Wonder - You are doing the right thing - when you get an urge to drink, get on the boards and get some support! And good for you walking right past the beer!

I'd never thought about the blood sugar thing, but I realize thinking about it, that it's true. One of the nice things about not taking in the alcohol calories is that you can "spend" them on good food, and not gain weight!

Hang in there, girl - I know you can.
                              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                              X