Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urine Therapy

This is maybe a bit off topic for the forum, but I feel like sharing

A few years ago, while surfing I came across an interesting article on Urine Therapy- and subsequently bought a book of the same name on Amazon. (I do not remember if the article was to do with alcohol abuse, but it is quite likely it was).

The book was very interesting and explained how your own urine can cure many ailments- by either applying it topically or drinking it. Well I balked a bit at that- I am very interested in natural cures but couldn't see myself drinking my urine will happily poison myself with 12 beers, but that is another story.

Anyway, a few weeks after reading the book I ran into a friend. He had had an accident a few months before, which led to a severe leg ulcer which wouldn't heal. (He was 70 at the time). He had to go to the hospital everyday to have the wound dressed- but there were no improvements. They had told him if there were no change within a few weeks they would have to amputate.

I recalled reading that putting urine on a leg ulcer was a fantastic cure, and of course told him- he laughed and said he would never try that. I was disappointed, but obviously it was up to him.

I met him again a week later- he told me his leg had all of a sudden got better (after months of treatment to no avail) and he no longer had to attend the hospital.

Well I realized he had tried it, and it had worked, although for some reason he saw it unfit to reveal!

Last week I went to visit a friend, and bumped into her neighbour. He told me his wife was very poorly, due to a leg ulcer- she could not even stand. I went into their apartment and his wife was lying on the couch, as white as a sheet, obviously in a lot of pain.

I told her what I knew, but lied and said the other man had told me of the cure, and how it had worked for him in 4 days. She was very open minded, and said she would ask her doctor- she was also gong for dressings every day, and had been told she may lose the leg. I pleaded with her not to ask the doctor, and just to try it anyway- it would not cost her anything and the doctor was charging her 50? a day! (She was going private).

Anyway, yesterday I went back to see my friend and the ladies' husband came up to the apartment when he heard me entering. He told me his wife had walked the whole length of the promenade yesterday, with pain, but she was walking! The wound is now just the size of a coin- it had been taking over her whole calf! All in three (or four) days.

Amazing.

I have dug the book out tonight and am going to reread it.

However these things make me mad- why don't doctors know about this? Wouldn't be because urine is free would it?

Urine Therapy

Very interesting! I have heard about this before but of course would never drink mine either. They say that urine is good to help jellyfish stings and such.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Urine Therapy

Drink urine??..........ugghhh........so saying, I`ve drank a lot worse when I used to run out of wine and just drink whatever alcoholic beverage was available!!!:H

Comment

Urine Therapy

I think if it were a situation that I may lose a limb i would drink it:-)

Might have to put it in a beer (Joke) but in the case of the leg ulcers it only has to be applied topically- caught in a glass and dabbed on with cotton wool

Comment

Urine Therapy

I wouldn't be opposed to using it topically ...if it works. But don't think I could drink it.
          I have drank some pretty raunchy stuff too!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Urine Therapy

I reread the book (It is a skinny book) and there is nothing about alcoholism, unless I missed it, but it is advised to drink it as a 'feel good' pick up.

It seems survivors of plane crashes and the like who end up drinking it because of necessity, also recover extremely quickly from any wounds, and do not suffer from fear or panic as non- urine-drinkers in the same situation do!

It is also supposed to be the best anti-wrinkle cure there is BTW; not to mention the cheapest. (Applied topically).

As I said a bit off-topic for the forum, but interesting anyway!

Comment

Urine Therapy

Marbella,

I truly worry at the thought of drinking urine.

Urine is the waste products our kidneys have flushed from our system. The stuff our body does not want inside. I have a difficult time believing redrinking it can help?? and a little worried that it might be toxic. (Not a doctor, here, though.)

However, I do know applying urine topically can be beneficial. It helps with man-o-war stings and I have been told if you urinate on your feet while showering, you will heal athlete's foot. I've never tried it but then again I have avoided being stung by man-o-war and don't get athlete's foot.

Just my usual worthless two cents.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Urine Therapy

I read about drinking urine as a cancer treatment.

Now I have a whole new approach to golden showers! LOL

Comment

Urine Therapy

Along those same lines... they used to put ear wax on cold sores... and I remember my grandfather blowing cigar smoke in my ear when I had an ear ache. I have a few home made recipes from the 1800's in the old family recipe box. I remember my mom telling about the urine. I'd never do it. But I know it will help with man o war stings. Anybody remember the movie Doc Hollywood? They went around peeing in the woods to keep wild life away from the poachers... If you want to keep the deer and skunk, etc. away from your house... that.... and I've heard garlic... also my daughter told me to keep cats away, use Cayenne pepper... some people put urine in a water gun for emergency moments, why I don't know...I guess if you squirt it on an attacker, that's your dna on them...
                  Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Urine Therapy

LOL...Don't worry Cindi, I couldn't drink it either.

However, I admit I would apply it topically if the situation called for it

Comment

Urine Therapy

hmm interesting... but I have the same reservations as Cindi,
                      I mean the body gets rid of toxins in its excretions right? so you drink it again? Sounds iffy at best. But I can imagine the toxins maybe counteract topical problems. Still, a skin cream. Oh, man, I need a beer ;-)

As for doctors not knowing about it, that is nothing new. A vast majority of those here on MWO know VASTLY more than doctors about alcoholism, and a lot of other health subjects in addition. We have to take our health into our own hands, that is the bottom line.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Urine Therapy

I heard it is VERY good for clearing up acne as well. Applied topically of course.

If I had a choice between losing a limb or using my urine for a possible healing agent - I would try it, without a second thought!

Comment

Urine Therapy

Wow Weeeee (no pun intended) .... I have to admit, I had heard about people using it for cancer, but as a topical is a new one for me..... and much easier to swallow....

GO

Comment

Urine Therapy

"Though we have been conditioned to think of urine as "dirty," quite the opposite is true. Urine fresh from the "spigot" is actually sterile, devoid of any pathogens at all, (except in the case of a urinary or kidney infection). Urine is 95 percent water. The other five percent of our urine is made of dissolved and suspended solids, none of which are toxic. The two main components are simple salt and a compound called urea. In addition to salt and urea, other elements include hormones, proteins, antibodies and other beneficial pharmacological agents. So far from being harmful, urine actually does have known healing agents. Furthermore, if urine has a bad taste or smell, it is generally from the diet or habits of the contributor. Poor diet, poor habits and you will get a rank and smelly urine. The point is that urine components reflect the provider. " This won't convince me to drink it but... being a nurse I do know that urine is sterile...I would have to be desperate like ya know... if I can't catch a buzz from it I probably don't want it...no just kiddin on that last one!! Just an FYI!!

Comment

Urine Therapy

Urine is an excellent antiseptic if there is nothing else to use. It's been used forever in wars, survival etc. Topical sounds fine. I would think twice about oral. She would have to be a hell of a good-looking girl but that’s a whole other topic. LOL

Just don't eat asparagus
                              Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X