Going for it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going for it!!!

Hello all, ive posted on here before a few weeks back and said i was going to quit but, my heart wasn't really in it and it didn't happen. My husband and i realize we are drinking too much and have been meaning to do something about it, the longest i have gone without alcohol in 6 1/2 years is 3 or 4 days, :upset: i have drank everynight without a single break now for nearly a month and its worrying me, i never drink in the day nor do i want to but as soon as evening comes i start to get niggly and my brain tells me i need to drink! i know i'm ready now as i normally get through 8 cans a night ( we drink that each) and i'm on my second and i'm literally having to force it down.........what is the point in that????Ive been reading alot of the posts on here and you all seem to be such a great bunch of people going through what i need to go through to get where we all wanna be, so my last drink will be before i go to bed and that will be it, i gave up smoking 5 weeks ago so if i can do that, i can do this, sorry for the essay LOL.........Thank you for taking the time to read this x
    Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today, if you do it today and like it, you can do it again tomorrow!

xEmx

Going for it!!!

Please ignore the fact that i have double posted, i have no idea how i did it LOL...tut.
    Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today, if you do it today and like it, you can do it again tomorrow!

xEmx

Comment

Going for it!!!

Hi Em,
      Here`s hoping you get up today and decide this is the day you take the bull by the horns and go for it.

You sound much like I used to be, in that I never drank during the day, but just had to have my wine every single night. Like yourself, I was also something of a reluctant quitter, always saying how I would stop tomorrow.......a crazy attitude, guaranteed to see you fail, because when in that frame of mind, TOMORROW NEVER COMES.

Do something nice for you today, Em and make the commitment to start this very day.......it`s not easy, but you really won`t regret your decision.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Going for it!!!

The first step to getting better is admitting to yourself that you have a problem. Once you realize this, you need to speak to your husband if he too, is drinking just like you. If you both realize that what you are doing is not normal, than BOTH of you need to take a hard look at the consequences of your drinking.

Since you drink only in the evenings, is there not something else in your life that can replace the drinking? How about both you and your hubby joining up together at the local gym and get yourselves HEALTHY again. Go in the evenings?

Just a thought.

Bill

Comment

Going for it!!!

xEMx,

It is morning here for me, I am not sure where you are, but if it is the start of a new day, here you go!!

Quitting smoking is tough, so I agree, if you can do that, you can quit drinking.

Have you read the MWO book and looked into the supplements, etc? It is a small book, doesn't take long to read and has some really good info in it.

Anytime you need support, someone will be here for you. My husband said I swapped one addiction for another, but he'd rather I sit and type than sit and drink anyday!!

Take care and know you can do this.
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Going for it!!!

i am confused, it says there have been 4 replies but i can only see my post and no replies??? Help lol

xEmx

Comment

Going for it!!!

Can you read them now?

Comment

Going for it!!!

Dont worry, ive found them ll im am a div sometimes, well thank you for your replies i am feeling optamistic this morning, its a beautiful day and im in a great mood so bring it on....
                Bill, we both realize we have a problem and both want to do something about it, starlight.. thanks for your encouraging words and well done on 3 months AF , Cindi i havent read the book yet, im looking into it though, cant order it online as i dont have an appropriate method of payment so need to find out if there is any other way of getting hold of it? going to be buusy today but will keep you informed, i will be fine up untill about 6/7 o'clock tonight then it starts so will prob be posting away then, thank again this site is a great help already! :thanks:

xEmx

Comment

Going for it!!!

Aye, come on the site if you`re tempted tonight, Em........that`s how I got through my 1st AF night. You`ll be fine.......honestly, and you`ll be pleased as punch with yourself tomorrow morning.

About the book, Em.........you can use Paypal to buy stuff from the site........just making sure you know that.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Going for it!!!

eh

xEmx

Comment

Going for it!!!

i cant read my messages unless i post something first? thats why i posted "eh" incase you wondered, tiz probably me being thick though lol, starlight do i need to pay by card through paypal coz i dont have one and i dont wanna ask someone to do it for me coz then they will ask questions if you see what i mean!

xEmx

Comment

Going for it!!!

Em,
                        To pay with Paypal you just need to transfer funds from your bank or building society account into your Paypal account, then you may buy whatever you wish. Mine`s a Prada handbag!!! Cheers!!! lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Going for it!!!

Oh.......almost forgot.........could you make it a metallic pink one? :H

Comment

Going for it!!!

still cant get um

xEmx

Comment

Going for it!!!

still having trouble

xEmx

Comment

Working...
                              X