NEWBIES IN NEED - ODAT MONDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wonderful good morning to all and hope everyone had a great weekend, weather this morning in France has started to change to winter mode and we actually had to scrape the frost off the car this morning; time to get the winter clothes out and think about hitting the ski slopes. Not managing to post much these days, but have a few minutes free this morning so wanted to start us off today just to say HI, I'm still here and I miss you all. I'm seeing lots of new members here so a warm welcome to new ODATimers and HI to all my old friends. Everybody seems to be doing great and it's wonderful to see that this is still a great place to come to with so many compassionate, kind, caring people, you really are all fantastic, thank you all for being here.

I'm finding it quite hard to keep up with everybody but I know that you are all helping each other along this journey, but I did want to say HI Cindi; my thoughts are with you and your daughter and I hope that things will get better each day for you, we are all thinking of you.

Garden Girl, you are a wonderful mother and you were just very, very, unlucky, but it could have been much worse, please stay strong.

Janice I know you won't be checking in but just in case… I hope your family holiday is going well.

So, good luck to everyone today to achieve your goal, just remember it's One Day At A Time; and if the urge does twitch away at you, just jump online and check in; you will always find someone here to help you get over the difficult moments; have a great day look forward to hearing from everybody; and for those that are moderating:

"Drink the first. Sip the second slowly. Skip the third." ~Knute Rockne

Take Care All

BS X
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Hi Bluesky and all to come.

Thanks for such a positive post Bluesky. Hope everyone got over the week-end o.k. They are always the hardest but today is Monday and the start of another week.

I like the idea of ODAT because sometimes when you are struggling especially at the beginning and you see everyone else having so many AF days and you are not making it, it can put you off. So please newbies stick with the site and every day you are AF, it is an achievement. Everytime you reach your goal, AF Monday to Friday, 7 Days, 30 Days, we are all right there behind you. I drank every day for at least 11 years before finding this site and this year so far I have at least 80+ AF days and aiming for a lot more before the end of the year.

I was reading on the Sunday papers that wine has taken over from the cup of tea. Women are using it more and more to de-stress and in 10 years time the beds in some of these treatment facilities will be filled by 40/50 yr old women. I googled the treatment centre mentioned in the article and they were charging a crazy amount of money for 5 weeks so thank you RJ for this site.

Hope you all have a great week. Hi to Mary, Cindi, Teardrop, Garden girl, Pipaguila, Bessie, Wonder, Janice, Paula and anyone else I forgot to mention. Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Rustop

Comment

Good Monday Morning to:

Bluesky, RU, Mary, Teardrop, Garden Girl, Pipaguila, Bessie, Wonder, Janice, Paula, xEMX and all other Newbies!! (I hate when I miss someone but there are so many of us!!)

I know this is weird but I love Mondays.

Bluesky, thank you for starting the post.

RU - Yes, you are right. It can be daunting when so many are doing so well and then so many are struggling. Remember all, this is NOT A CONTEST, it is a beginning path for a new life. No one is "failing" here because we are all here. Failure is simply not trying. So, I am happy to be here and happy for all who are here.

Mary, I read your thread on the mantras (Stinking Thinking). Yes, we need to figure out the best way to convince our rational mind that our beast mind is trying to trick us. Anyone who has positive thoughts we can say to ourselves, please post them!!

I am so glad all of you are here to help ME and I truly hope there is someway I can help YOU. Everyday we do not hurt ourselves with alcohol is a good day. Let's try to pile them up, whether through AF or moderation.

Have a wonderful Monday which is always a great new starting point!!

:h
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning All!!

I am in. I am going to tag along your ODAT journey. I am trying a new tact (ie mind game.) I am using the drink tracker and now posting my total in the morning. 0 for today. . . . setting up a self fulfilling prophecy! A new positive attitude!!

Thank you Bluesky for starting everyone off. I love you twain quote.

Rustop interesting about the wine replacing tea. I believe it. It is hard to get away from.

Cindi I am with you on Mondays . . . a fresh page!

Best to all!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone: What a great start to this lovely Monday here on the NE coast of the US. I'm doing fine w/AF. Whether we count or not, we still have only this one day to get through AF or mod. As Janice once said: "This is not a competition." I'm beginning day 17, but I want an AF life. Today, I will stay sober all day. I love you all, Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Cindi and Evergreem- I'm with you on Mondays too - so weird! Especially right now with the alcohol still whispering (screaming?) in my ear. Somehow Monday morning feels like a "safe" end to the weekend.

xx wonder

Comment

Mary,

Not only are you af for some time but your "mind" is in the right place.

You go girl!! (kind of a new way to say "awesome, good going, you are on track")

I am with you ALL THE WAY!!!

You are one of my anchors, Mary. I am so happy things are going better for you. I HATE the way Al(coholic) tries to trick us.

We can beat him up. Let's do it together!!

Love you,
              Cindi

ps One day I hope I can be in back in the great NW and meet you face-to-face. No one needs to know how we know each other but you truly ARE one of my anchors. Life just spiraled out of control and there you were!! (However, funny as it seems, I worry about my grammar with you. :H ) I am so proud to know a person who taught many youngsters. The GREATEST calling in life. I wanted to be a High School Math Teacher and my hubby told me "no way are you going back to school and learn how to teach, you need to make money." My goal is to get to where we can be comfortable and THEN I will teach High School Math. I will even take on the worst school in town. I am good and I KNOW IN MY HEART that there are those who can profit from it. Giving back....
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

happy Monday

Just FINALLY getting a chance to post, have been going non stop since 7:30AM w/ patients, WOW, am getting a break now and processing some labs and hopefully soon meeting my sister-in-law for lunch, need to get going before too long, cuz I have another patient at one and another at 2!!!:wow: I am booking today!!!!

HAd a good weekend, didn't moderate all that well, but had fun at the hurricane/seminole game Sat, of course because the Canes won!! They are both (teams) ranked so low that the game doesn't really count for much, but just the winning feels good because of the rivalry of the teams..............fun kicking their BUTTS!!!!:

Anyway, hope all have a great ODAT Monday and enjoy, will check in later, missed you all over the weekend!!!

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I am in for ODAT, Fell back over the weekend...but not to upset because it is still an improvement.... no wine!! About a dozen beers starting friday till Sun!! So A new week and looking forward to new achievements!!

I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart!!! Vincent Van Gogh!!

Working on the head!!!! Tammy

Comment

Gumby,

Great!!! However, DO NOT CUT YOUR EAR OFF!!

lol Cindi.

ps. I could not help it. Do NOT cut your ear off or any other piece of your anatamy.

I DO LOVE VINCENT VANGH GOH. (SP?) He was awesome!! However, he has NOTHING TO DO WITH US!! Get it? Love you beyond VG, Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: You are the absolute sweetest & spunkiest. You would have made a great teacher. Don't ever worry about your grammar w/me. I know I have great grammar & spelling, but my Math skills leave a lot to be desired. My mind just doesn't work that way. We all have different strengths.

Yes, I do feel that my sobriety is becoming a way of life for me. It feels great! We're making this change together. This is something I could not do alone. Love you, Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Cindi
                        However, he has NOTHING TO DO WITH US!! Get it?
                        Your right... still trying to fiqure that out. OK... how about something like this..."Remember there is always a limit to self indulgence, but none to self restraint." - Mahatma Gandhi
                        BTW...Im leaving my ears and any other body part intact!!LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X