No more Topa for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more Topa for me

Let me remind myself no more topa for me. Today I experienced the strep like sore throat. I forgot about that. I was so consumed with the dopa effect. But the sore throat started yesterday and today was worse. Topa is simply not for me. I am done with it. I will go to the "Recovery Plus" as they call it in my clinic and get Campral or whatever I need. I am done with Topa. Darn.

No more Topa for me

Sorry, Maggie:c
    Onward, now, huh? Sorry you had to go through so many crappy trials of the stuff. That's weird about the throat... I remember wondering if that was a coincidence.... guess not. >:
    grrrrrrrr.
    Thinking about you. Let us know what we can do. Vent away.
    Becca

Comment

No more Topa for me

Wow, Maggie, sorry. I hope that the Campral helps for you. But if you have to give up the topa, you have to give it up... I sometimes wonder too if the dopa is worth it, although when I first started on it, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread!

Hugs and all the best!!:d
      Kathy

Comment

No more Topa for me

Maggie -- I decided the same thing today. I talked to someone else on the board & she had the same reaction that I did -- irritability, depression. I was just about to post this. And anxious to hear how you were doing.

So nowI don't feel like a crazy person, or brain playing tricks on me -- thanks for posting this.

I didn't take any yesterday or today & beginning to feel better -- back pain subsiding, depression lifting. By tommorrow the topa & adrenifil will be out of my system.

Yesterday -- can't remember -- but think I had ~4 gl wine. Today - 3gl & going to bed now.

For this week I am just going to try supps , CDs & try to get in some exercise. No hard liquor & stick to wine- 2-3 gl.

Upsetting day today -- due to $$ issue with husband (hate him for that -- I mean sick of sam e old stupid tape of his) & work issue (thought my client ran out of work for me -- but not so). Then other minor run arounds with rental car agency, etc.

I dread tommorrow -- funeral in Phil.-- I don't even want to talk about it --

Will try to catch up with everybody later in week.

Comment

No more Topa for me

Maggie & Chryssa, I'm so sorry that you've had this reaction with the topa. I know that in the book RJ mentions, that different levels work for different people. But it sounds like more than that going on with you guys.

I also had a real hard time in the beginning. I started taking topa, before I had the book. So I went by my Doc's reccomended dose & the pharmacist's prescription, of 100 mg, right off the bat! I also take an anti convulvulsant, ...so I was a bit of a VEGI...:x for about 2 weeks!! I was ready to bag the whole program!! I was so dissapointed, and bummed... ...not to mention...very dopey!...& tired, & dizzzy, & tingly !! Not functioning well at all!
          I quit taking it for about a week. Then started in again, by the book, slowly. No problem.

So sorry this aspect isn't working for ya.. but there are other options. And we'll always be here! Topa or not!:h :P :happy ....:d , Judie

Comment

Working...
          X