I've FINALLY had it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've FINALLY had it!!!

OK . . . . . that's it. I am done. I have had it. I am tired of the merry go round. I want to get off. I have been here many times in the last 4+ months. This going AF for a few days and then letting the little voice (beast) tell me that I do not have a problem. I can drink "normally" whatever that it is. It is more like one is too many and ten is not enough. Even when I have not been posting, I have been checking in. You all are very inspiring. So here goes:

I am embarking on 30 days AF. Anyone want to join me?

For the next 30 days I will log on and list one reason I don't want to drink or one negative thing about alcohol.

Thank you for listening (or reading!)

#1. When I drink, I don't sleep well!

Have a great day!

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Hi evergreen.
    Well, like yourself, I had many false starts before I found the guts to go AF for real.
    30 days of abs is a great way to kick-start you getting a grip of your drinking.
    I`ll happily do the next 30 days alongside you.

Wishing you love and renewed strength.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Evergreen,

Join us on the ODAT thread. It is a good idea, one day at a time. I know it smacks of AA but it isn't that way. We recognize that this addiction is a psychotic merry-go-round and know how hard it is to jump off the darn thing!!

Also, we have an INN you can be part of. It is a lot of fun. Levity, silly posts, things that make you smile and be happy.

Also, there is a 30 Days AF started by Amelia that many of us joined. Nope, we didn't all make 30 days but we are still striving to and will do it, by George!!

Anytime you feel you need help getting through the craves, post in ASAP and someone will jump in and help.

Sending you lots of strength and love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

hi evergreen -

I'm very seriously determined to do the next 30 days AF too. There's strength in numbers. The more the better!

xx wonder

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Evergreen,

Your post sounded like what I think about everyday. I joined in August and have also been on that same merry-go-round. I want to go AF. Will join you in your 30 AF "club".

#1. When I drink, I hate when I don't remember parts of conversations from the night
          before.

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Wow!!!! Thank you all. I slipped downstairs to get a cup of coffee and drink my All In One and came back to these wonderful replies. I feel SO encouraged!

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Hi Evergreen,

Good on you for making the courageous decision to go AF for a month ... I'm happy to join you as well. Put a strategy in place ... supplements, reading, meds if you want to go down that path and log in here as much as you can. 7 weeks ago I was in your position and now my life has turned on its head (for the better!).

Wishing you success,

Ben

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

When I drink I hate the way I feel the next day -- tired, dehydrated and pissed!

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

:goodjob: Evergreen....

Don't forget to tell yourself the positives too....

1. When you're sober you sleep like a baby

2. When you're sober you can remember all your conversations from the night before...and not be embarrassed LOL :H

3. When you're sober you wake up rested, fresh and ready for anything!

Wishing you all the best for your 30 days...pop in and see us in the Inn too!

Suze x
                  Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Evergreen and all, I'm in, I have the exact same merry go round and little voices in my head telling me I don't have a problem. We'll each time I try moderation I slip up. I'm ready now and very motivated by all of you. How do I find the ODAT posts ? is that an area I have to sign up for seperatly ?

What I hate about alcohol: I take antidepressants and I'm sure alcohol reverses the effect

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

1. when i drink i can't stop until i pass out

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Fammy,

We are so all here with you "love, luv," we all do that.

Climb on board and figure out where you "fit."

Been there done that, as they say. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Great post! Don't I know the "one is too many and ten (or twenty) is not enough" LOL...well I am on board as well!

1. when I drink I sometimes turn into frankenstein with my husband and can't remember the next day what I said to get into a fight......I then get very remorseful the next day and have my tail between my legs.....NO MORE>>>>

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

shitzulover,

How funny is that!! My husband is in the place your hubby is in. Kind of "wft??/" They just do not get it. Us alkiies are well behond the one/two/three stage. And hour "significnt others" do NOT GET IT.

Keep on coming back to uor posts. We will help you keep on track!!

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I've FINALLY had it!!!

Sorry for the englsih. Poulan (dog) keeps rubbing up on the elbow and arms. LOL

However, do not miscontrue the message. Very important. Keep on trying and we will help you NO NATTER WHAT!!

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X