Failed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed again

I have not posted in awhile. I did pretty good when I first started with MWO. Took Naltrexone for awhile, but it really did nothing for me. Over the last two weeks or so, I have been drinking heavily again. A bottle of wine (plus some) on some nights.

I return here in hope of helping myself do better. I do not want this binge to go on too long.
    ":welcome:"

Failed again

Gourmet..

Failing is part of our journey when we quit drinking, for most of us anyway. That is why we are here. For support, knowledge and true understanding. I love your own saying "persistence and determination are omnipotent". That says it all. You are not failing.. you are moving forward. Failing would be staying stagnent.

I am personally very proud of you for posting and coming back. I am back on day 2... but that is OK. It is that forward momentum. And it is forward, not backwards...

Namste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Failed again

Gourmet,

I truly wish they would come out with the "you won't drink anymore pill."

But it has not happened yet.

However, they do have the, "we can do this site," without making you feel "guilty about not being perfect" site.

:welcome: Gournet, and there are a few people out here who will love the name!! (not me, because I am not a goumet or gourmand!!) LOL

However, I laugh and do not laugh. This is a hard addiction to address. But, you can address it and laugh at the same time.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Failed again

Gourmet,
        Please don`t lose heart. Noone gets to grips with their drinking overnight. I was a member of the site for 4 mths before I managed to quit for real........it just takes time, and for us to be really ready to quit.

You haven`t failed........you`ve just learned another wee lesson. If you keep trying, you will get there.

Wishing you love and renewed strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Failed again

Gourmet, you have never failed as long as you continue to look for a way to succeed which is exactly what you are doing. With each fall we learn something new that makes us stronger and closer to our goals. Best of luck to you.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Failed again

Someone posted this a bit ago, and it's stuck with me....

"Life in five chapters:

1) I walk down the street. There's an open manhole. I fall in. It's dark, and it takes a long time to get out.

2) I walk down the street. There's an open manhole. I pretend I don't see it and fall in again. It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the street. There's an open manhole. I see it, but I fall in anyway. This time I get out more quickly.

4) I walk down the street. There's an open manhole. I avoid it.

5) I walk down a different street."

It sounds to me like you're at chapter 3. You've stopped pretending it's not a hole, but you've fallen in again anyway. I spent September and the first part of October there. The good news is that you know the way out now, and you can work on chapter 4. This site has helped me tremendously with that transition -- knowing that other people have made it, and they want to see me succeed. (Personally, I have no idea what chapter 5 looks like, but I'm trusting it's there ).

peace and strength,
            lilnev
            Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
            A: Practice, of course.

Comment

Failed again

Hi Gourmet,:welcome:
              I am pretty much where you are at the moment. I posted yesterday for the first time in ages as I have finally admitted to myself that I am back at square 1, maybe even at square 0 or -1...:upset:
              I drink more that one bottle a night, up to two sometimes and on weekends I even have some vodka for good measure.
              Today I ordered the supplements again plus two of the newer CDs to give me a boost.
              But I haven't had the guts to start the programme yet. I am putting it off until the stuff arrives.
              Started to diet today though, as I can't stand the sight of my big wino belly....
              I'll keep out an eye for you and see how you are doing.
              All the best! Let's try and get there this time! Lots of others have done it, there is hope, right?!

Comment

Failed again

Thanks LilNev -- great post!

Gourmet -- I am right there with you! I am on Day 2! Let's hang in there! BabyGirl

Comment

Failed again

You have not failed. You had a brief slip up, just keep giving it a go. I mean you don't take up tennis and then expect to be world champ the next week. Be kind to yourself, this is all a learning process, for your body and your mind.

Keep on keeping on...

Cashy
                  xxx
                  "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Failed again

Thank you for responding everyone! I did not drink last night. So, I will try to make tonight AF as well. It is amazing to me just how much this site and those here help. Thank you all once again.
                    ":welcome:"

Comment

Failed again

Dear Gourmet,

You are not alone. I too started in August. I was taking Chantix, sups, listening to the CD's, and exercising. For 3 weeks I limited myself to 2 drinks (beer)/night. Then, all of the sudden something just happened. I guess I fell into that manhole. I've been drinking almost 2 bottles/night 5 days a week. I gather that I'm on chapter 2 from what lilnev wrote. I'm not going to give up. I have nothing to lose. I started taking my sups again today. I'm not going to take the Chantix. I have always been a person to exercise so that's not going to deter my cravings. I'm going to read the posts and do the best I can. I will be looking for you in the chat room and on the treads.

Comment

Failed again

Hi Roz,
                        good for you. :goodjob:
                        I'm just psyching myself up for my next attempt. MAybe I'm just pushing the date ahead, because I am scared of going AF again.
                        Waiting for my new lot of supps and two new CDs and then no more excuses.
                        Keep going!! You've done it before, you can do it again.

Comment

Failed again

There's no such thing as failure. Learn from your relapse, knowing that it will make for a stronger you. The more hurdles you overcome, the more you learn from them, will enable you to go AF for longer periods of time. Good for you for opening up about your recent blunder. Your strenght in admitting this has already put you on the right track.
                          September 23, 2011

Comment

Failed again

Gourmet,
                            Never give up, Ok if you fall get up straight away and keep on walking, even if you are drinking acknowledge that it will not be like that forever, believe in yourself. I can't tell you enough that it won't always be like this just have faith.
                            Take Care
                            PS I posted a while ago titled You can do this! Read it. If I can do this anybody can
                            Much Love
                            Shas
                            Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Failed again

It's not easy to pick up and start over

Hang in there, Gourmet! I can't tell you how many times I have tried and failed to be AF. One thing I've learned since joining this group and reading & posting in this forum is not to feel guilty & hate myself for not succeeding. I have cut back on my usual 1 1/2 big bottles of white wine a day, starting at 8:30 a.m., and hope with the help of Kudzu Rescue and visiting my new friends here every day, I will find the courage to be permanently AF. Deep peace of the Shining Star to you and everyone else here!

Comment

Working...
                              X