Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning you all!!! SMILE!

Hi everyone in moderation-ville!!:lol :h

Had an AF Sunday and feeling great because of it!!MUCH needed after Thurs-Saturday, BELIEVE ME!!

Thought for the day:

Others do not know what is best for us.
    We do not know what's best for others.
    It is OUR job to determine what's best for ourselves!

Today, I will remember that we are each given the gift of being able to discover what is best for ourselves.
    (from Melody Beatty, "Language of Letting Go")

I am ALWAYS worried about what others think of me, it makes me CRAZY sometimes!!! But today, I am going to try to let that go and have FUN!!!!

LET'S ALL DO THAT!! HAVE A BALL TODAY!! :lol :h :rollin
    (even though I am here at the office, BORING, with a doctor breathing down my neck:b :lol : )

Mary Anne:b

July 10th

I choose to moderate for now. Have done fair with abs, but for personal reasons would like to join this forum. Recent events have taught me I need to relearn how to moderate, since my goal was alway abs. I will look to many of wise souls for advice..Gina

Comment

Welcome

Welcome,

We will try to give you all the advise we can muster up Gina, as I am VERY new and sorta stugglin, I'll probably keep my trap shut for now:

It is a little quiet on this board right now....ssshhhh! I think they are all still asleep!!:happy

Mary Anne

Comment

Re: Welcome

Hi Everybody! I'm here, just being casual this morning & doing things around the house on my day off! Just printed out some jokes for a couple I served dinner to last night. They're camping in their RV, downstream a few miles... so I promised I'd bring copies of jokes by for em! Full service "waitress"! Then I'm off to town for a few errands ... and of course... the river!!:happy :P :d Great day to everyone!:d ....Judie

Comment

Hi all,

Bless me all for I have not been here . . . My last post was July 1st on the June mods board. :rollin

Mary Anne, glad to see you here and entrenched! Hope it was good to see you back here, hope all is going well for you. Judie, the kayaking sounds so incredibly nice, still sounds like you're working so hard! Kathy, hope you are feeling better these days. Gina, glad you are here. Yeah the moderation thing does take some work sometimes but it is totally worth it. Tammy how is the whole program going for you?

Been crazed with deadlines and so much more. Worked some really crazy hours a couple 14 hours days back to back with one client leaving as the next one is coming in. Good to be busy though. Helps the receivables.

I have really had my hands full with the medical stuff to boot. My mom will be having her full mastectomy this Wednesday. My dad has a growth on his chest, he will not get taken care of until she is OK. (Can we say, dumb idea?!) My mammogram came back not so hot. GEEZ! I am scheduled for a redo and sonogram this coming Friday. I am not freakking just yet though since they have done biopsies before and never had a problem.) My bone density scan came back lacking also - falling apart over here! :rollin I am in the cateory though, smaller, thin boned, white women, fail that testing the most often.

My arm from the physical therapy has been going nuts but I have decided to try Aleve rather than Motrin and maybe it helps a bit more.

with all the bad news on the tests, I have not gone and had my blood tests yet. I don't want to hear one more detail on falling apart!

Went to my brothers lake house over the 4th - wow do those guys party!!! In retrospect, I had 3 drinks for that whole day evening so I did well and hanging around a bunch of drunk people . . . Kind of made me decide I didn't want to be that. It was tough to be around the water and not allowed in because of my brace and injury. they asked who wanted to ski or tube. I was the only one who really wanted to. That part of the lake crew I really didn't get!

Since then, I have either had AF, one drink or two drink evenings. My drinks have lasted me for most of the evening. I don't know if the whole program has kicked in or what but not feeling like I must. When I am feeling anxious putting on the CDs puts me in a place where my body doesn't hurt as much for a little while and that calms me down some.

My exercise part of the program has only been physical therapy until now. My husband bought a recumbant bike for me and it arrived on Saturday afternoon. Since then, I have done 20 minutes, twice a day - it feels GREAT! :lol He said he got it for both of us, but he hasn't bother with it yet. I am thinking he sees me, maybe he will get motivated.

Have a great day all, I have missed you!
          Hugs,
          Mary

Comment

Re: Good morning you all!!! SMILE!

Mary,
            I hope things go better with your sonogram... one day all these things will be cleared up, right??? Nice job with the bike and the moderating your drinking! You are getting healthier by the day in those respects!

Hey, I was wondering about Tammie too....thought maybe she was posting on the abs forum, I need to sift thru over there, but I do look many days over there and have not seen her.
            TAMMIE!! I hope you are busy having a great summer with those kids and doing well!:d

Gina, great to see you here! Shake off the cobwebs of the past teachings from those old theories! Must be kinda tough when it was so engrained, but you can do it. If this is what you want to do, we will support you 110% and then some! You have always been such an amazing support to me, from day 1, literally! We'll talk in NY, YAY!!!!:happy

Doing OK over here. Already told you all I missed my goal big time last week, but that's cuz I gave myself holiday and concert liberties (and excuses:rolleyes ). No biggie. Back on track, even upped topa to 125 just now to be sure I am not on some slippery road. Today is AF. My AF days I'm actually finding easier to throw in, but for some reason when I look at my diary over the past month or so, I'm having more days where my days I do drink, the count is too high. That's why I'm upping the topa dose. You know that initial "I SIMPLY CAN'T drink more than... " ummmmmmmm, well, I can now!
            Again, not the pounding, not the hiding, still pretty good vigilence and awareness. I want a light drinking day to be 1 or 2, not 4 or 5 or 6, for pete's sake! (there I go with my oh-so-admirable honesty again...)

Well, it was a very fun week8) . Betcha I could have shaved some booze off it, though .

Becca

Comment

Re: Good morning you all!!! SMILE!

I saw my new ob/gyn today. She hadn't heard of the program or of the research on topa. She was very interested in a positive way. This is the second dr. that has had a positive reaction to all this, and I'm imagining this happening all over the world, which is pretty amazing. I asked her about side effects and whether I can just keep taking pepto-bismol, and she said, "Well, try imodium instead." So I can't die from loose bowels. I also said, "Look. I've had three weeks of less than half my previous alcohol consumption and twice the exercise, and I've lost 2 lbs. Is that fair?" And she said, "No, but I'm not suprised." "Why?" I asked. "Because sometimes it takes a while." Still, I want to say, what about Newtonian physics? I also have osteoporosis, so if someone has exercises that her appropriate for that, please let me know.

Comment

July 10

Been off the boards since Saturday. The weekend was fair as far as alcohol goes. Back to 2 wines a day now. Like you Rebecca I'd rather 2 be the norm and not 4 or 5 as happened over the weekend. However, even 4 is a huge forward step for me and I haven't had a "can't remember a thing" day or night ofr ages.
                I am still battling regret and embarrassment but I'm really trying to put that out of my mind. I loved the inspirational quote to start the day.
                We are still in the grip of an awful drought here on our farm in Aus and hand feeding what cattle we still have, so that keeps me occupied.
                Rain is predicted on Saturday and wouldn't you know it we are going to a great rugby game when the Aussie "Wallabies" play the South African "Springboks" in Brisbane. Ah well we'll just have to wear our Driza Bones (oops, in case that puzzled the non Aussies, that's the brand of the full length oil skin coat that we wear when work with cattle in the rain and cold.) At least it will be too cool to think of drinking, esxcept for a rum & coke perhaps!!
                Have a happy day, what's left of it.
                Maires

Comment

Re: July 10

Maires!!
                  My hubby plays rugby here in the US and my son is a HUGE fan! They watch all the games. We even pay extra to have "Sentanta Sports" here, which is an Irish station, I believe, that broadcasts all the games. Our buddy is from South Africa, so he is of course a huge Springboks fan. Cool. His name is Frikkie. I love that!
                  Just had to say something

Comment

Hi All!

And Hey Mary, Wow, you sure have a lot on your plate!! I really admire how you are handling it though, and running for your cd's instead of running for a drink!! It so inspired me that I listened to the hypno today when I came home from work! I am sending good vibes your way for positive outcomes for you and your mom and dad. Bone density problems run in my family too, so I can really empathize there, as well!

Mary Anne, little by little, you are growing, girlfriend!!! You don't give yourself enough credit, sometimes! Judie, someday, I want to come kayaking with you, although with your upper-body strength, well, I won't challenge you to arm-wrestling, that's for sure!! Hope you had a great day on the river! Becca, you continue to inspire us all with your honesty, and this week will probably be a little easier to keep the drinks and the running even!!

Sophia, congrats on your sympathetic doc!! Wahoo!! Yeah, I wish the weight loss were quicker, too. As far as the osteo goes, I find that step aerobics are fun (I do Jane Fonda) and also, weight training (Jane Fonda also has a video for that,too) is good. Any weight bearing exercise is good for osteoporosis, even a brisk walk!

Well Maires, I will pray for rain when and where you want and need it!! May the weather gods be listening!! Hope you have a great time! But rum and coke in the cold??? do you heat it up?? Sound more like toddy time to me!!

And last, but not least......

A WONDERFUL WELCOME TO GINA!!! HUGS, LOVE AND SMOOCHES!:happy :h :d :d I hope you like it here in Modsville! It's good to have you around, Gina!

At any rate I'm doing okay today. I actually listened to the hypno 2x today, once this morning and once this afternoon (thanks again Mary!!) I think I may just need to do this in the morning, because I didn't even start to fall asleep this morning! I think I must be very suggestible.......at any rate, it is nice to remember what happened during my hypno session. I've never had an alcoholic blackout, though I've certainly gotten pretty tanked! But I've sure had hypno blackouts!!!:x :x :x

Anyway, night all! See you tomorrow!!!

Lotsa love!
                    Kathy:d

Comment

Working...
                    X