Back to Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Reality

Well, Was AF for 3 months last year and then slowly or maybe quickly got back on the juice. I feel that I am starting to have health problems with a dull pain in my liver. Last week I had a problem with stomach pain and was popping antacids.

I notice that I do not eat properly or drink enough water when I am drinking.

I am at the point where I have to make the decision. It is easy to go home and drink 8-10 beers. It's difficult make the decision to lay off the booze.

I think I am going to try the no pressure aspect of staying off the booze when I am home and by myself. I notice that my productivity and relationship also suffers when I drink. Even though my family, job and relationship are some of the reason I drink.

I am going to give it a go and try and function like a non - alcohol - dependant person.

Hopefully, my health problems can be corrected. If I go to the doctor now, the blood tests will probably will way out of whack. I figure I should see what happens after a few weeks.

Any thoughts would be great.
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Back to Reality

Hi change,
    Since you`re not feeling too good, I would get checked out by the doc as soon as possible if I were you.
    Am 3 mths. sober now, but have no intention of attempting to moderate ever again........am happy with the sober life now. I suppose if mods is your ultimate goal, then you really would be best to look on it as I recall MKR here does, as in mods is just like abs with an occasional drink thrown in.
    Whichever plan you devise for yourself, I think home alone drinking is a big no-no just like you say.

Wishing you love and strength for getting yourself back on track.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Back to Reality

I could not relate more--I am in the same place, exactly. I have no special thoughts except that it is always better to be off the booze. Maybe we should try to keep up with each other?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Back to Reality

I know ehere you are coming from with the relationship aspect, me and Hubby both drink too much every night and it nearly always ends in an argument, then things are not quite right in the morning, well afternoon when hubby gets up! we are on a downward spiral at the moment and badly need to get out of it, relationships and alcohol dont go together i know that much! Good for you for giving it a go i should be on day 2 today but........im not, i am new here but you will get a lot of support on this site!

Em.
        Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today, if you do it today and like it, you can do it again tomorrow!

xEmx

Comment

Back to Reality

Thank you

I feel good today, went to dinner last night and drank a soda. Normally Would have at least 3 beers and then go home and continue with another 6 pack or 2.

I am still trying to figure out what I'm searching for with respect to drinking. Not Sure. I guess every day can not be a party!

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

I know what your mean changemylife, I've been trying to moderate but end up falling into the same pattern. I'm going to have to do a long term AF and take it from there. After awhile, our minds start believing that everyday has a to be a party and that's where my downfall is. I'm glad you had an AF evening and felt great today. Tomorrow will be another day. Take it one moment at a time
            :huggy
            "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Back to Reality

me too

Changeling, everyone else who has plugged in, I am too having a hard time going AF, tried mods about a year ago w/ the topa, couldn't deal w/ the side effects, husband drinks like a FISH, and so do all our friends, family members and acquaintances.............difficulty to go AF (painful actually, to watch them all having fun and "rubbing it in my face while I sit there w/ my soda:upset: )

we all have our journey to go through, and mine has been rocky at times, but a learning one at that................

Stay strong everyone, love and hugs......................peace:rockon:

MA:h
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Back to Reality

Everyday AF is a triumph. One day, one step, one moment at a time.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Back to Reality

Today is day three and I feel like hell this morning. Not craving a drink. Just Tired, sluggish, and worn out.

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Hang in there change. The first days are utter H*ll. Sleep like crap, feel like crap, etc.... keep plugging along and before you know it you will feel better.

Comment

Back to Reality

hi changemylife-
                      Day 3! That's so awesome. Congratulations!! I relate to how crummy you feel. It's awful. The worst. But you'll turn the corner soon. Just Hang in there!! Keep going!! Try to take good care of yourself. Be gentle. Make sure you eat, and drink lots of water.

Big hugs,

wonder xxx

Comment

Back to Reality

Hi changemylife,
                        Ihave only done AF4days, and start all over again. But i do notice when my body feels tired and worn out . Try and go to bed early. i sometimes go to bed at 8.30, and with a bottle of water beside me for when a woke up.( am hoping at this rate i will look 10years younger) keep going and stay strong.
                        Good luck
                        Teardrop.x
                        family is everything to me

Comment

Back to Reality

Thanks, My mark is day 3, After day 3 thinggs start to look up

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Well it?s been 14 days AF. Mentally feel good. Physically feel terrible.

Anyone else experience fatigue. I ache all over. Especially in the morning.

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Change: The Newbies in Need ODAT (one day at a time) thread is great. It focusses on staying sober just for today. You don't have to look at a lifetime of abstinence. You just have to stay sober for today. Eventually, your brain will readjust itself. You mentioned that you had 3 months of sobriety. What triggered your relapse (if you don't mind my asking.)? Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X