My Dog is on Steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dog is on Steroids

Umm yeah. She has an ear infection, so the vet prescribed an oral antibiotic, ear drops and steroids. STEROIDS? They supposedly help with the inflammation and will make her "feel" better. Well... they work.

My husband said she might get a little spazzy, and then left to go out of town. How convenient! Now I am stuck at home with a dog on steroids! She is freaking going insane! She is tearing up and down the stairs... barking at the rain outside, panting profusely and just now attacked a basket full of books and tried to make out with it. Is there something wrong here? This is foreign to me. I think my husband must be playing a sick trick on me.

Advise appreciated.

Allie
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

My Dog is on Steroids

No advice. Just my deepest sympathies. Dogs are impossible to control when they are out of control. Good luck!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Maybe put some wine in the water bowl?

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Thank you Lushy! Wow... I know I can count on you for great advice on the Guy's thread!

PS.... Go JAGS!!! (We are losing....uch: uch: )

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

steroids! AARRGGGHH!!

I had to take them for 5 days two weeks ago for the 30-some red ant bites I got, they are great for relieving the inflammation, but yeah, you are going to be dealing w/ a CRAZY dog for at least a week, and they take about another week to get out of your system, make you get FAT,(YUCK!!) and depressed, so be prepared...............

Sorry no good news, just speaking for myself, your doggie may handle them better than me, I am a wimp when it comes to medication!

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Yes....Lush is indeed OBVIOUSLY a very qualified animal practitioner?????

And by the way Allie...is this why I have an advert for dog hip dysplasia on my screen....it's come from somewhere you know..

If it makes you feel better...my dog behaves like that all the time....we give him steroids to calm him down...he is a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Dogs learn their behaviors from their owners. Is Wee outing herself as a loon?

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Lush it is a good job that my love for you is totally unconditional or I may have withdrawn my request by now asking for your hand in marriage.........................

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Weemelon was going to ask for Lushy's hand in marriage? Steroids?

My dog is off the steroids for three days now, but it sure isnt out of her system! I HATE waking up to a dog panting in my face and if I so much as "flinch" she grabs her tennis ball and starts tearing around....

I just lie there pretending to be asleep and thinking... and WHY did we get a dog??

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Hi, honey I have a dog that is crying right now with a stufffed bunny in his mouth. Big Golden retriever with another Golden in the house and he still is whinning and crying.

This is what happen when you do not have kids I know, but what the ^%$&^%

Sammys P.S. Where the hell have you been

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

I put my dog on steroids once............

.....he's never been the same since!!!
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

Sorry Prest...have you tried herbal relaxation tablets for your poocheroo???
                        Check to see that there are no contraindications, but they might calm him down a little. You could just get them from a pharmacy if he's driving you to the EDGE!!!!!!

I meant it about my dog though...he is like this all the time.....
                        (I promise never to discuss my marital arrangements with lush during your airtime anymore)

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

I think I need some of those steroids! I'd love to have wings like that!
                          Beautiful doggie Hippie!
                          I keep telling Bungee we need wings on the kayak, all the birds on the river just buzz right on by, while we're down on the water paddling our butts off!

Just think... if dogs could fly... BIG Droppings! OMG!
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

It would be a lot easier the other way round Jude!!

You would only have to pick up dog-poo the size of owl shit!!!LOL

Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My Dog is on Steroids

I like the way you think Hippie!
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X