Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 9

Hello all,
    I don't write very often. Very busy during the week but going to try to make a quick stop in here at night after work. Since I recognize most of you as veterans of MWO, I was wondering if any of you got up to 300 of Topa and if so, how long you stayed there. I am there now and wondering if I should stay there all summer as that is usually "party time" around here.
    Thanks.

July 9

Hi, folks. I'm trying to get my brain around Becca's 8 mile run. Whoa! I'm thinking I'm doing really well if I walk for a mile with weights on my ankles. But then, I'm in Texas, and it's so hot that doing almost anything is an invitation to heat stroke. I'm getting ready to travel to Japan in two weeks to see my son, who is teaching English in Osaka. We will then go to Hong Kong for a week. I am clueless about Asia. I could use some advice from any of you out there who know that territory. Also, I need to get my digestive problems under control before we go. What's funny is that I haven't had problems with alcohol, just with my plumbing.

Comment

July 9

Hi Mwq, & Sophia,
      I'm still at 100mg topa,and have been since Jan. Seems to do the trick, for me, so I'm staying there...at least for now...Good luck with your dosing. Do you have many side effects at that level? I know I'm spacey enough :rolleyes even without topa... so, I need to be careful with the dopa effect...

Sophia, Wow, Asia sounds great! I miss travelling... Haven't done much of it since moving back to the "Good Ol Home-Town"... I guess I sowed my wild oats the first 40 years worth! Who knows though... I might just grow some back...:lol :happy I don't know much about Asia, but I sure do envy you! Good luck with the plumbing...:P :d

Well, today's my Friday!! Yeah! Looking like a beautiful day Too! I don't have to go in till 4:00 today so I'll have time to paddle a bit.
      The sunset last night was amazing! Purple, pink, rose, blue, orange, unbelievable!! It was sooo pretty with the moon coming up over the coastal range as the sun was going down over the water...:P :h Pretty drive up the river, on the way home too. "Somebody's gotta do it":lol Have a great day everybody! :P :d ...Judie

Comment

July 9

Hi MWQV,

I don't seem to be able to go higher than 200mg without too much dopa effect, and I plan on staying at that as long as I need to. Like Judie, I can be a bit scatter brained without topa, anyway! If you are doing well, my thought would be to stay at that dosage until the time of temptation was past, or to titrate down VERY slowly and evaluate how you do very carefully.

Good luck,
        Kathy

Comment

July 9

Missed reading you all yesterday, had to work. I had a shot and 1/2 beer and fell asleep on the couch when I got home. Poured some wine, tasted bad, tossed it and had milk with dinner. The milk was Yummy! Went to bed right after the kids.

Maggie,
          I have to ask about the itch, I really need those CD's right now, especially the Clearing. I've got a lot of crap I need to wash down that stream, but boy do they make me itch. I actually got up and covered myself in lotion last night thinking I must have come down with a bad case of dry skin.

Judie,
          I really liked the quote and I know it's an old thread, but back to the dancing Hubbys. I met my husband in a Night ClubBar when he asked me to dance, talk about false advertising. Now the only time he gets his groove on is when ACDC plays "you shook me all night long" at some wedding or reunions, etc. oh wait, maybe that was the song they were playing the night he first asked me to dance.

Tawny,
          I think that's less then 1 bottle in 6 hours in a social setting, WOW!

End of 1st full week. Had 3 af days. 7 drinks. My mouth is dry and my brain might be a little more fuzzy then usual, but that isn't saying much!

Laura

Comment

July 9

Hi,

Let's see. Yesterday my hubby & I celebrated our 30th anniversary. We went to a Spanish restaurant cause we went to Spain on our honeymoon. It was nice. I had a vodka tonic, 1 wine & tia maria. Earlier in the day I had had a wine spritzer. Total indulgence at dinner with lobster & flan for dessert & very nice review of our lives with my husband. Good for the soul.

I really don't feel well. I am hoping it is a cold in my back but my bladder & kidney area feel inflamed. Trying to evaluate this weeks experiences & lessons learned. It really was an awful week for me. Topa at 25 mg is ineffective for craving but the dopa effect was brutal. I was takin olmifon to offset but in fact I think it only added to over-drugging by body. I absolutely cannot afford to go next week feeling so tired & depressed from the topa. I made that decision while working on my flowers today. I must regain my health & energy. I am going to take the full complement of recommended CV supps & see if that helps the craving.

I may just wait until another drug comes out without such severe side effects for me. I really am worried about what it is does to me, esp the depression from doping around. (To be honest -- I can see how this could cause suicide in a person severely depressed.) At times it was like watching my life just fade around me & too tired to do anything about it.)

I was going to go to 50mg today & take it at around 4pm to offset craving time ...but I made the better decision. I am too old to mess with a drug that severe on me. Will see how this week goes.

I have a deadline on Monday, funeral in Philly on Tues & client office visit near Manhatten on Wed. That should keep me out of trouble.

Comment

Working...
            X