july 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

july 8

Wow.. What am I doin awake at this hour? I guess I'm so used t going full on ... on Friday night ... when they send me home early... I don't know what to do with myself!

So, too bad for everyone here...:P :happy :d :y

"It's so easy to spend time rummaging around in the closet of our memories. Opportunities lost years ago, promising relationships that almost(but didn't) work out, real or imagined rejections-these can all be dragged out of the closet & made to dance on the stage of our consciousness.
    What about right now? Is the sun shining today? Are we free to move around and shake things up?
    My healthy choice today is to live these twenty four hours as a bright potential untarnished by yesterday."

july 8

Geez I guess nobody liked that quote!:eek :lol

Comment

july 8

Nice happy quote today, Judie

What the heck? Why is it after 2pm and I'm the first respondant?? Saturday, I suppose...

Wellllll, I felt really great this morning for my group run. 8 miles, beat last wk's time by 4 minutes! AND I FINALLY broke that damn barrier on the scale I have not been able to break for the past couple months!!! Down 8 pounds now!!
      WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
      Was supposed to go out on the boat tonight, but husband won't be home from rugby in time, so I'm home with the munchkins.
      Nothing else to report, really. AF yesterday (duhhhh, maybe that's why I could run today...)
      OH, BTW, no offense taken yesterday Judie about the paid training thing. I'm not paying for this! Team in Training is a charity thing. I'm running to raise money. So gimme your money since you're making so much:happy :lol

I'll probably be hanging around the boards again tonight, trying to "be good" cuz hubby won't be home and I'm way off my drink count after that holiday and the concert (gave myself liberties... I'm back on the July plan now, those few days just killed my weekly count.... I would have had to RUN to Canada to make up for it.... OK, not really...).

Becca

Comment

july 8

Sorry, Judie, I liked your quote, I really did, but I'm just being a lazybones. It was really great seeing you start off the day!! I have been rummaging around in my memories the last few days, but it's been mostly a happy time since I found my long-lost friend! Does make me think ahead, though, too, about what I want to do with the NEXT part of my life!

Becca, 2 AF days, that is so terrific! And having such a great run, too! I'm so happy for you.:happy You sound proud of yourself, and that is the most important thing. If hubby's away, maybe you can get on chat tonight. I'll likely be there for a while, at least.

I just WOKE UP from listening to the hypno cd's. Trying to do things right here. I exercised this morning and have upped my topa back up to 150, taking my supps, watching my eating. I'm so frustrated with myself though, because listening to the cd's is basically like an invitation to nap. I don't know what to do about it. I'm going to keep trying, but I may have to think of some other way to influence my subconscious to not want to drink, because the cd's are just putting me to sleep.

Anyhow.....I'm going to go and try to get something accomplished with my day, and check back later on chat.

Love,
        Kathy

Comment

july 8

A very apropos quote for me these days, Jude.

Thanks, I needed that.

Helen

Comment

july 8

Never fear - I am here

So happy to report in today. OK lunch. 4 people. 12-3pm. 2 bottles of wine. Back to my place 3-6pm. 1 bottle of wine. Guests left. No moe anything.

So - my quarter share of 3 bottles in 6 hours in a social situation makes me feel worthy of beatification.

It should be noted that the last time I went out with these friends we had lunch at a restaurant and stayed there for dinner as well. Our dinners were free of charge because the owner was sooo happy with the amount of wine we consumed. How times change.

This is getting better every day.

Tawny

Comment

july 8

I'm joining. I have had two glasses of wine and no terrible dopa affect with 100 mg today. Yipee. Glad to be here.

The quote about living for today is always a good reminder for me. So often I am preoccupied with tomorrow, not yesterday or today. And Becca....you're doing right on with the AF days and the weight loss.

Kathy....the cd's make me itch, not sleep. I don't think that works either but I haven't done them in a long time because I don't like to itch.

Tawny....that was a funny lunch story and yes, your lunch today was much more positive for you, maybe not the restaurant owner. LOL.

Hi Helen....nice to see you too.

Maggie

Comment

july 8

You itch with the CD's???
                hee hee heee heeee
                sorry, that just cracks me up. I'm horrible with them, and I think I could help me if I was diligent....
                itching...
                I just sleep like Kathy
                Love,

Becca

Comment

Working...
                X