Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 7

Quick morning check:
    Back on schedule today! Planning alcohol free today in prep for that morning run which I will Not screw up. It's a good sobriety tool!
    Chrysa, I hope you are doing better today. Really hope you got a good night's sleep and woke up with a renewed sense of what you are doing. You ARE doing Great! About the rum in the garage... we have the booze booze everywhere in this house too. I've learned to just keep the lid on it! Sneaking shots of vodka, gin, whatever in my lemonade used to be my specialty. Hubby always wondered how I got so drunk... just drinking "plain" lemonade. UGH. ANYHOW, it can be done! You possess great strength, we know this! Just had a bad day. Looking forward to seeing your optimistic self here this morning:d :d .
    Kathy, very cool about your friend!! Big smile!

Off to the pool, then I'm working a few hours today, then to the movie theatre tonight. Good to keep me outta trouble . Going to see "Cars" with the boys.
    Have a great one, everybody.
    Becca

July 7

Thanks for all the feedback yesterday on my "honeymoon" post. I had, as it turned out, a pretty productive day. No wine at all. I'm refinishing a table. (This is the kind of thing teachers do in the summertime) Then, I played with my 2-year-old grand-daughter. But I still have diarrhea. You would think the way my food runs through me that I would be losing weight like crazy (Whoopee!) but--what?--4 lbs in three weeks? Not fair! I'm sorry you had such a weird day yesterday, Chrysa. You were so supportive of me in the a.m. Your husband sounds like mine. I've also been married a near eternity, and, yes, I know I'm cooler than he is. Even he knows it. But he's the only person on earth I totally trust. Judie, if you don't gamble, Vegas sounds ghastly. Is the shopping that great? I guess I need to send a special post to cv about my digestive system.

Comment

July 7

Hi everyone!!. Lucky Seven anyone? Well it is a gorgeous day here in NJ. Sophie where do you live?

Becca -- you are right as usual, just need to put lid on those stupid bottles in garage. And by the way, I have been meaning to tell you something, been thinking about you (not just cause you responded)... don't have quite right words ..but you are the bestest role model in the world for this program...you are absolutely honest.. which I am thinking must be a real important ingredient if you are going to be successful in moderation. You are also so positive & detailed in your posts that one can't help but be motivated..you put so much thought into your actions and the program...I don't know ..I guess it is the honesty that impresses me most. I think it must be a big impact on all the boards.

Well, I think taking the topa at night works for me. I am getting sleep. Just can't take it with melatonin. Oh I have the loosey syndrome also Sophie. Even last time it never went away. Don't know whether to be concerned or not.

Wondering how to get all of our posts in synch -- I mean we have West Coasters, Aussies, East Coasters -- all posting at different times -- & we are missing each other sometimes because the day flips. Wonder if that can be remedied?
      Later~Luv~Chrysa

Comment

July 7

Kathy -- just reread yesterday's posts --- THANK YOU -- I think that's it -- yes -- I will take the topa earlier (before any wine)-- I think I had that thought but lost it in the fog. Besides in a day or so I want to titrate up --so at that point I will take 1 at about 4 or 5PM; then 1 at 2 or 3AM. I will have to set alarm.

There was one other person I remember on the boards or who asked in chat who took theirs at 3PM & 3AM. Maybe it was to offset insomnia.

Thank you so much. I am not used to receiving such detailed customized support. Makes me emotional. :c :d

Comment

July 7

TEVO! IT must have been created by someone who like to drink. It will record all the shows you want to watch when you are to drunk or passed out to do so and then you can watch them when you stay home from work with a hangover, really a great invention. Mine has lots of stuff on it that I really want to watch. I had another ab night so I have been catching up on the Sopranos. It's a strange goal, but I feel pretty good about it since I can't start Deadwood until I finish the Sopranos. One more episode to go!

Weekend stress out! Taking the boys out on the boat today, would like to avoid this, but it will be about 100 today and can't keep them couped up in the house either. Trying to plan and not setup a failure!

Comment

July 7

Hi ya'll. Just getting ready for my dreaded 9 hour day...:lol :rolleyes AND SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! 9 hours of feeling like a hamster in a wheel, about 5 steps behind!... Gotta love that! Just think of it as "Paid Aerobics":happy :lol ... Instead of paying someone to "train me"(no offense Becca!) Oh maybe I should go to town early & get that squirt gun I was thinkin about:lol
            Happy B-day to Marcie!!:d She's starting her treatments today:h Prayers & cyber hugs... her way!:h :P
            Everybody have a great day... I'm gonna do my damndest!:lol (is that a word?):hat ....:P :d ...Judie

Comment

July 7

Oh Good Grief!!! I've been away so long that I feel out of place! Things are fine though. Nothing to report. Pretty boring, but kinda crazy at times with all the kids home.

I am working the moderation plan this month. I've been doing just fine. Nothing has rattled me much til today. I got an email from a man that I absolutely grieve over....you know...lost love...woulda, shoulda, coulda...blah,blah,blah. We met in collage 25 yrs ago, dated for about 6 months. Had a romance that lasted 6 yrs off and on then lost track of each other for 20 yrs. Found each other again 3 yrs ago when both our marriages were falling apart. He stayed in his, I got a divorce. He wants me to wait for him. Says he will get a divorce when his kids get older...I'm moving on...To make a long story short...It still breaks my heart and after 25 yrs he still makes my knees weak.

UUUUGGGGG...I feel that heaviness in my gut...I don't know if I want to cry or just listen to sad music. But I do have the urge to drink. And drink a lot.

SOOOO...here I am...back today. I need the support of my MWO friends. I don't know if I'll drink or not. But I am super emotional right now and I haven't heard from him since being on the plan. Holy crap. This is a whole new challenge. A whole new feeling.

Hope

Comment

July 7

Hi Hope!
                Nice to hear from you again!! I can't give love advice that's for sure. Especially those long lost ones..God I hate that...Only thing I can think of is.....Think about YOURSELF...today..yourself..taking care of yourself...because that is what they (those mens) are doing!

Comment

July 7

Hope - beware of waiting for a bus that might never come. You might miss out on many other wonderful journeys. I can understand your pain. I still regularly check the website of a man I lived with 30 years ago. Pathetic!

Everybody else - My drinking plan today has to be amended. Been invited to lunch by friends who are big-wigs in the wine business so my 3 per day, nothing before 4pm limit will be exceeded. However, I plan to be vigilant and not guzzle, adding lots of water in between. I will kudzu to the max and have no more when I get home.

Will let you know how it went.

A somewhat apprehensive Tawny

Comment

July 7

July 7

It is great to start my day (7.30am) reading this thread. A lot of positive vibes and honesty. As expected I had more than my 2 wines a day last night but didn't get trashed and don't feel hungover this morning or anything near hungover.
                    One of the things MWO had shown me is to be aware of how much I am drinking and try to slow it down. I am embarrassed when I remember the ploys I used to get a head start on everyone before we went out to a party or something. From the posts I am not the only one who knows how to sneak a "snort"!I just seemed to throw it down without realising how much and then get smashed, of course.
                    I'll never be perfect and have to let myself accept that.
                    I think I put so much pressure on myself to be the best at some things that that is why I fell in love with alcohol.
                    Sorry to expose you to my self analysis on the couch but I find I do some serious thinking since I've found MWO.
                    Chrysa, Becca, Judie. Tawny and others, you are all an inspiration. Thank you.
                    Lots to look forward to.
                    Maires

Comment

July 7

So far so good...it's been 3 hours since the last post and I'm just having my first glass of wine. (I'm down for 2 tonight.) I feel stronger than I gave myself credit for!

I need to catch up on you all! I'll be reading for a while!

Hope:rollin

Comment

July 7

Oh boy, those ones that got away, they're tough! I've got one of them in my past, but I don't know where he is (in NY, that's all I know), just that he is married and has a few kids. Still makes me sad that I'll probably never see him again.

I agree with Tawny about waiting for a bus that might never come. But we are here for you, and we'll be here to help you dry your tears and cheer you up. Sounds like you are already staying strong, Hope!

Nothing much doing around here. Rather boring really. My horoscope said that my whole WEEKEND would be boring. I'm supposed to be okay with that, because life has been so stressful lately! I'm NOT comforted. I'm going to try and stay out of trouble though, and I do have plenty of stuff that I SHOULD try to get done:rolleyes . Oh well! A bit of a let down after last night's excitement!

Have a great one, all! Good luck, Tawny!

Hugs,:d
                        Kathy

Comment

July 7

Here's one for ya...I was in love with a narcissist , which I didn't realize till later, who was seeing me and his old girlfriend at the same time! I finally got over it. His step mother told me he asks about me and is very curious...and she thinks his heart is still with me. So I emailed him and he deleted it! I used to email my overwhelming feelings of what a scumbag he is, so he probably got tired of those. This time it was about his stepmother! Glad I don't have any wine inthe house...i'd be drinking it. Been working 2 jobs jobs and doing a good job myself, but, ran out of some vitamins and haven't been on track. I've been drinking more now than ever. 1 bottle of wine every other day. Never drank that much before. Feel so discouraged. Everything else is going well. My family is proud of me and my kids. Don't want to let them know of this slip up. My kids don't realize my pattern-they are with their dad on the days I drink. I feel lonely and hardly socialize anymore. Too tired. This is so isolating.

Comment

July 7

Wow busy board today! I got off work a little bit early... a very pleasant suprise! Was oh, soo tempted to stop off & have a glass of wine @ an old hang out... But opted to sit in my truck & watch a beautiful sunset over the ocean instead... which was incredible... kinda made me feel lonely...I spend a lot of time alone ... in one of the most beautiful places in the world...:rolleyes
                            I work nights ... my Hubby works days.. :rolleyes .... I got off early & called to see if he'd like to join me for a bite to eat ,... or do something... but he'd had a few beers, & we live 10 mi upriver... so not a good idea.:hat
                            I can totally relate to not wanting to go back into town after getting home though. It's so nice there too!:h :P :d

Comment

Working...
                            X