Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Independence Day!

Hi Day 4 Moderators!!

Hope you all have some great moderate plans going on out there! I actually don't have anything planned so far, although I do have a couple of clients scheduled who wanted to come in today. But that's later this morning, no problem.... Oops! Now I do have plans--going over to a good friends house for bbq, then on to the park (she lives close) for the fireworks. I will be as worried, if not more worried, about my cravings for FUNNEL CAKES as I am about booze. Talk about sugar!!! For those of you who don't know what they are, they are sweet batter poured through a funnel into a deep fryer and fried, then covered with powdered sugar. Major YUM! Major sugar rush, then crash, as well! But they are delicious. My strategy is to buy one and give lots of it away and just have a few bites! But I think I will try to avoid the whole thing today and stick with a burger!

I also tried my first homemade smoothie today. Lessons learned: A mini food processor doesn't work as good as a blender!: The fruit all ends up on the bottom! I can still taste the protein whey powder:x , but it doesn't taste that bad. I guess I will have to deal with washing the blender after all!:rolleyes . But it is a good way to take care of the allone, and the protein powder does make it a meal too!

At any rate, I hope you all have a wonderful, moderate day!

Hugs,:d
    Kathy

Happy Independence Day!

Good Morning Moderation Sparklers !*!*

Looks like a rainy day here but that is OK-- good for reading. Couldn't sleep last night so got up & watched movie ..now feel groggy..another day to experiment with topa time..we'll get it...I am going to go back to simple wine for my alcoholic beverage rather than jump about like yesterday..normally we have no hard liquor in house but have had all of these picnics lately.

Mary Ann ...I see you are doing both the moderation forum and the abstience event. How is that going? Are you going to switch one way or the other at some point? What is your plan?

Well- will check in later -- after exercise & coffee-- enjoy the holiday Sparklers!*!*

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

Good Morning! I must say, I'm very glad to have the day off...:happy , & feeling very FREE & INDEPENDENT!:P :hat :happy

I usually skip around ... in my meditations book, but today seems quite appropriate to post for July 4th, the actual one intended... so much for my rebel spirit... don't worry, it's still with me...:happy ...

"Gaining personnal freedom is no easy matter Not that it's impossible to achieve; rather, it's all too possible in our heart of hearts, not to really want authentic freedom."
      One of the prices of freedom is the requirement that we name our slavery. How we dig in our heels when it's time for such honesty! We dread it so much may refuse to even attempt change, let alone accept a program and stick with it. But there is no other way. We can't slip off the chains of slavery if we refuse to see where they are!
      But however deep our habits or powerful our compulsions- there are others of us in the program who have had similar feelings. We are not the first or the worst. If we must begin by praying to want freedom, then that's where we begin.

Today, I move toward greater freedom by looking with greater understanding on my fears. :eek

I think this may be a repeat, from a few weeks ago...
      Is so, ....:rolleyes ....:lol I'll bet ya didn't have it memorized anyway! :P :happy

Today, they have a big "Party at the Port". It's right outside at the docks, next to the cafe where I work. In fact the owner of the Cafe is one of the main event sponsor/organizers. Should be fun. They have live music, food booths, craft fair, Public Celebrity Dunk tank)policechief , , Mayor, etc...the public . PIA's:lol . Then at dark there's the big 4'th of July fireworks display, over the mouth of the river. Big annual event! Oh , and course, there's a BEER/WINE garden!! I'll be sure & take my topa & L-glut before we go to town!
      :P :d Have a great day everybody!:d , Judie

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

Hey Jude!! Thank you dear. Yes -- very good reflection -- name your slavery -- excellent--- Your Port celebration sounds like the perfect USA way to do it -- so nice. Many many nice things about a small town -- safety, people you can always count on, will be there through your whole life (cuz they ain't goin nowhere)--it is very comforting

Wonder what happened to the other moderators -- must be busy day for all. Also-- wonder why so many more people join the abstinence events --tell me Jude -- why do you think?

Meantime --enjoy your perfect American holiday Sparky !*!*

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

I like oldies but goodies, Judie!!:h :P :happy Love ya!

Bye the way, Chrysa, I've wondered the same thing about why there are always more abstainers than (open) moderators?? Good for you for getting rid of the hard stuff!!!

Hugs and smooches!:d
          Kathy

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Indepenence Day

2 wines. 4th July sounds fun in US. Our Australia Day in January is similar and celebratory. Can't wait for warmer weather in September.
            Have to plan for tonight. Big event in the small country town I live in and booze flowing.
            Love reading your posts.
            Maires

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

Re: Happy Indepenence Day

2 brandys, 1 red.

Kathy & Chrysa - I know I was reluctant to report in because when I first started sticking to my 3 per day policy, someone said I was being "smug" and I certainly didn't want to appear to be. Maybe the mods dont post in deference to the absers? Just a thought.

It would still be very easy to fall off the mod train however I'm finding the urge to drink has lessened since its become so cold here. I certainly don't contemplate the coldie at lunchtime at present.

Tawny

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

Re: Happy Indepenence Day

Hey there ya'll!! just checking in as I have had a busy day, went to gym, rode horses, went to a bbq(had a few lite beers, yeah chrys, trying both mod and abs, today is a mod day!)

I am going to watch some fireworks now and turn in as I have a busy day again tomorrow!!

I will have more time (believe it or not)tomorrow while I am at work to check in with you guys!

Good night!!: :h :P
                Mary Anne:y

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

Off to bed..just wanted to acknowledge Australia ..Maires & Tawney ..Can you please give me a bead on our time difference...You both seemed to post around same time ..what was that your time , etc?? etc..some comparisons..thanks

More tommorrow...Tawney -- I do not understand someone thinking you were being smug about mods or 3 gl/day ..can you expand..or no?

Later~luv~Chrysa

Comment

Happy Independence Day!

How do you make the protein shake with the allone?

Comment

Working...
                    X