Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 3

Happy July third everyone!!

I am here at work and thought I'd start out the day for everyone!! Need to keep this going.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it!-anonymous

Be kind to yourselves today! That is my motto today, cuz, GOD knows I can be harder on myself and treat myself worse than I would allow others to at times!:h

Yesterday was an alright day........only drank 6 beers all day!! Would have EASILY drank 12-16 any other day, but thanks to this program, I drank water mostly, and (just out of habit, notreally enjoying them) drank 6 beers in between...........because they were there actually!! AND I was out doing "manual labor"in the yard all day, so sweat out most of it!

Am NOT beating myself up over it (for a change), I was thinking I would go abs, but being as it was the weekend I am being kind to myself!!:h :d :happy

Mary Anne

July 3

Good morning Mary Anne!

Sounds like you did Grrrrreeeeeeeat!!! Where do you live if you feel like divulging? Do you have to work tommorrow?

I did OK with the drinking -- 2.5 Mike's hard lemonade, 1 corona light, 1.5 wine...tried some vodka to help sleeping but the topa had clicked in & didn't like taste -- good sign!!

I forget MA -- are you taking topa? If so how is it going? I had insomnia so I am very disappointed about that -- but decided this AM to stick to the plan & log the times I take the med & hrs of slee, etc & see if I can overcome this -- again. So trying to have positive attitude about it..2 good days to experiment since not working.

Hey -- I'll write later when I am more awake.

I love the KINDNESS thought for today & beaming that on ourselves. Let's do that.

Later~Luv~C

Comment

July 3

Okay. I'm joining the forum. I've been on MYO for only two and a half weeks, but it feels like a long time now. Moderation has turned into exactly what RJ said it would be in her book. Last night the fam came over as they do on Sunday nights to watch HBO, cooked flank steaks, and my son and daughter-in-law drank red wine. I didn't. I drank a glass with dinner. One. I couldn't believe it. It tasted good, too. When I first started with topa, wine tasted funny, and there was no buzz. I thought, well, okay, if this is how it's going to be, I can handle it, but now, wine tastes wonderful. It's just not my reason for living anymore. I go to bed sober. I do have a hard time getting to sleep, and my joints ache. Can't figure that one out. But it's a small price to pay. I'm a poster child.

Comment

July 3

I was reading yesterday's post from Meg, and it sounded so familiar. That thing about the blackout...Last Christmas, I went to a party, came home, had a chat with my daughter-in-law on the phone, and apparently arranged to change the time of a family gathering the next week from 7:30 at night to 4:30 in the afternoon. At 4:30, people started arriving, and I still thought they were coming at 7:30. To top it off, one of the people was my mother. This, I told myself, has got to be a sign. Meg, if you check in today, please know that you can do this program and not change your identity or wreck your social life. You will be exactly who you are only better. You'll still be at the party, only this time, you'll remember it.

Comment

July 3

Hi Chrys, everyone!

I live in Tallahasse, FL, don't mind devulging that info! It is hot as Haites right now (was 98degrees yesterday!!!)

Enough complianing for now..........I just started the topa on Friday, have taken accidentally in the late morning instead of the late PM, maybe I should stick w/ that time, cuz I had a hard time sleeping last night even though I took it at about 10AM (then checked the book and saw it said to take later!)

any feedback??

And Meg, EVERYtime I drank towards the end (especially at parties), I would black-out, or at least wouldn't remember anything at the end of the evening.........my poor kids had to witness me drinking like a lush many many times!! I need something, and I think this is it!! AA didn't work (for me)May work for others though....

Thanks RJ and everyone else here :h :P :d !!!

Mary Anne

Comment

July 3

Hi everyone!

Well, after my 30 days of abstinence, I partied this past weekend. Not too bad compared to past indulgences, but still more than I would have liked. Friday--2 drinks. Saturday -- a bottle of wine. Yesterday--3 mojitos with friends, would have been 2 but they egged me on, so of course I had that third one. Not as "perky" this morning of course, although I don't feel too bad, but one thing I do not want to do is go back to daily drinking. So I'm thinking I'll get through this weekend and go back to abstinence for a while. My idea of moderation is to not drink at all unless there is a real occasion for it--a cookout, dinner out with friends . . . NOT a stressful day at work (they all are!), NOT too tired or back hurts too much (that also happens way too often). I think my ideal is 2-3 drinks a week. Although I am missing that feeling of exhiliration that comes from successfully abstaining.

Hugs to you all and happy height of summer!!!!!

Ter

Comment

July 3

Hey ya'll! Yep, I slept in!|I :happy

Mary Ann, Love the Be kind to yourself thought. Think I'll do just that today! Maybe even tomorro too! :lol

Chrisa, We could probably swap coolers on the beach or kayak, & not even notice... I like that Mike's lemonade, when I'm on the river(I put it in plastic bottles & freeze it, for slushees....makes a great kayakin' treat & keeps the cooler, cool!) Plus ya can't drink it very fast if it's frozen!:happy Corona's not bad either! Geez....I sound like a lush....:rolleyes Here,... Let me re-fraze that..."A friend of mine, freezes her Mike's Lemonaid".... :lol

Fsophiah, I think the hard time sleeping, goes hand in hand,(no pun intended), with the reducing alcohol in-take... Hopefully that will level out with time. Are you exercising? Don't know about the joint aches..?

Hey Ter! Good to see ya back! How are the critters? How's my favorite Gyspsy Healer? :h I can relate to the high stress at work....with the Summer Season just now in full swing...it's only the beginning... :rolleyes :eek "Why do they call it "TOURIST SEASON" if ya can't SHOOT at them?" At least a chosen few?:lol even a paint ball gun would help! Maybe Ill buy a squirt gun this week!:rollin apron/holster Next time someone holds up their half full water glass & says they need more(when it's still half full...& I'm running full board with plates in both arms... they get a steady stream from the pistol!!) that'll work!:lol :rolleyes Vee hve ways of dealing ...:rollin

Ok, well, the sun's shining & the river's callin'... Everyone have a great day! :P :d , Judie

Comment

July 3

sounds like a plan

Judie,

Sounds like a plan, wish I had a water gun when I was waitressing in Miami and those cocaine cowboys would wistle to me like a little cat........grrrrrr,, would just piss me off to no end!! I would run my butt off for them all night, champagne, filet mignon, you name it, then they would tip sooooo badly!!!

Oh well enough memories of that!!

I am off for cuban food for dinner w/ my father in law, will try the 2 glasses of wine w/ dinner........I feel like it will work, especcially after this past weekend!!It is all kicking together now, I am loving it!:h :happy

Mary Anne:P

Comment

July 3

July 3

Another day of two drinks (day 5 for me and that included the weekend!!). I can't believe how well I sleep without waking during the night feeling like s..t, then only dozing until morning and feeling remorseful for the rest of the day. The only thing that made me feel better was a hair of the dog and then it started all over again.

Drinking to excess has been such a habit for me for many years I know day 5 is very, very early in the process and realise it is one day at a time as another organisation preaches.

I have huge regrets about my past behaviour but I know I can't go back and change it and at the moment I don't want to dwell on it or I might take my version of 'the cure' and open a bottle of wine and I don't want to do
                  that. Instead I just listen to one of my favourite old songs.
                  "One day at a time, sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you.
                  Teach me today, to do all the things that I have to do.
                  Yesterdays gone, sweet Jesus, and tomorrow may never be mine.
                  Lord, for my sake, teach me to take, one day at a time"
                  Maires

Comment

July 3

Hi All!

Well, it sure is nice to see how well this July moderation is going so far!!! It is good to see some new names, I wish I could see your faces! But anyway, it is good to have everyone here!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I started taking more L-Glut and Kudzu this weekend, and I also started taking DHEA this morning. I'm wondering if that could have me feeling a little more energized? I'm frustrated though, because I fell asleep listening to Part 2 of the clearing CD today!!! I've never had a blackout while drinking, but I seem to have hypnoblackouts!:lol I don't wake up during the count up, but rather when the cd starts playing over again. It's frustrating! It made me realize that maybe that is a part of why I am resistant to listening to them, because I do seem to fall asleep more often that not. Maybe I really need to start listening to them in the morning when I am feeling fresher???:rolleyes What do y'all think? This isn't my idea of a good way to take a nap!!>: Maybe James is just too relaxing for me.....

Mary Anne, I think that you should be kind to yourself, as you increase your topa, you will see that your drinking will go down, but you'll have to watch out, cause the "habit" part will still make you want to drink. It will be easier to resist, though!

Chrysa, it is great to see you here! Hope you get a better sleep tonight!|I

Hi Fso! Good work at your get together!

Hey Terry, Good to see you here in Moderation Land!! Gotta watch those Mojito's huh??? I'm glad that I'm not to fond of those, they could get a girl in real trouble! Your idea of moderating is what I would like to be able to do someday, too. Just not have alcohol be an issue most of the time! I hope it is something I can accomplish, because I am nowhere near that now....:

Two drinks a day sounds good, Maires, and I like your spiritual meditation!

Hey Judie! Sleepin in??? Gotta love ya, baby! Hope your "friend" has a great day!:rollin

Anyway, once I get started, I can write a book, so I'm off to cook dinner, soon. I also bought some berries and yogurt to try and make a smoothie tomorrow morning. I really want to try and do better with supplements and nutrition and etc. Maybe for now I'll even get an ab lounger instead of a barcalounger to do the hypno cd's in. Double duty and all that!

Hugs, :d
                    Kathy

Comment

July 3

Re:Judie, great buttons!!

Hey judie,
                      great buttons, thanks alot !:h Mary Anne

Comment

July 3

joining the moderation group

Hi all,
                        I have decided to join this group for July. I need to drink less than 100 beers a month. So far I have not done that.
                        I do the supps, exercise and occasionally listen to the hypno cd's.
                        More later,
                        Phil

Comment

July 3

Hey Kids,
                          Neat. New kids.

fsophia..may I call you sophie or sophia? no problem if the answer is no

Judie..may I call you Jude?? are you sure???8o

Hey Kath!! Sister-sister...

Another picnic day in Jersey..but just us.. my daughter home..had to pamper..she is studying for the bar...let's see..I did Ok with the drinking ..1 rum & coke..1 corona light (not finished)..1wht wine..now 1 vodka tonic ..then to bed reading CV's wonderful research..I know..I am all over the place with the drinks ...typical o f the experimental me I guess..& indicative of my state of mind I think.. but the topa is definitely working again & only at 25mg...so feeling OK

I have decided one thing..that I would like some support on or at least feedback..I want to have mindset that I have a dis-ease/chemical dis-order & that topa is my required drug!..therefore.. I need to adjust around that BECAUSE .. in fact -- I definitely drink less & feel OVERALL better with the topa even though there are periods of depression & other bummer feelings & effects..

I started on topa in April & went up to 87.5 mg in June & then stopped..I am now starting again..with new plan

For me (definitely not most) had trouble with insomnia & fsophia I can relate to the joint aches (we must talk darling )...BUT I think this must be all a matter of finding right combo...what do you all think?

Anyway...also welcome Maires..love the name..wow ..excellent work on the 2 a day....& don't forget that forgiveness is the core of Christianity...why He came you know ..so you could forgive yourself...

Hey Jude...Hey Jude ..da da dadada da..Love You

Manana Y'all

Comment

July 3

Hey jude--(does anyone else see a possible song there? :b ) the critters is all fine, and there are a LOT this time of year . . . . please don't tempt me, a paintball gun is what I want most for Christmas!!!!!

YAH---unfortunately, mojitos is a most tasty way to drink rum, which I really don't like!! Hugs to ya, call you soon.

You know, I had the most amazing realization--I like me much better abs!!! (now isn't THAT an earth-shaking realization). I really do think I need to get past long 4th summer holiday and re-do abs . . had more fun that way.
                            Hugs to all
                            Ter

Comment

July 3

Welcome Phil!!!
                              We must have been posting at the same time. 100 beers a month = how many per week..25? = how many ave per day ... 3?
                              OK ..I get it...

Hey have you thought about the topamax yet? Just curious

Comment

Working...
                              X