Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 5

Hi Five everyone!!!

Good news this AM. I am actually quite Quite QUITE pleased about this... I took my topamax at 9PM last night & I wake today feeling as if I had slept & feel rested. Hoooray!! I found a research site that said you may be able to get away with taking it all at night to avoid the dopa effect. Topa has a half-life so I think that is why I get insomnia after it peaks & drops in my system. I am going to continue this & see how it goes. This may be MY solution. Eureka!!!

Will touch base later. It is pouring here. Need to get to work.
    Later~luv~C

July 5

WHEW!!!!
    I've been on quite a little vacation here! Sorry I have not been checking in. For one, I have not been home. For another, I broke a couple of my early drinking rules, with brunch mimosas on sunday and lunch margaritas yesterday...
    However, I did pace myself! Like Tawny said about not carrying the drink everywhere you go, and also I would remind myself that I do not need another one the instant the one I'm drinking is starting to run out...
    I must say, yesterday was a BLAST! 4th of July in Cleveland at a Sammy Hagar concert. Hubby and I went with a couple friends who are huge fans. We have been to Sammy's Cantina in Cabo a few times, so it was really amazing to see him do a live show. Now, the fact that we were there from noon until the time the concert started at 8pm, and he played a full 2 1/2 hours and then we even went out afterwards for pizza and more dancing and I remember every last moment and every song. No hangover, no regrets!
    So yes, early drinking, more than usual quantities, but good control, and a really really really really FUN time!! I have pictures from the concert if anyone wants to see!

NOW, since I think I drank all my drinks I should drink for the week:eek between sunday and tuesday, I will lay off for a few days!. Gotta get back running, get this house in order after being gone since Fri. I'll hopefully catch up with how everyone is doing. Looks like from what I read, all of the moderators are moderating quite nicely!
    I noticed the comment about the moderators not joining the forum like the abstainers. I wonder if that has something to do with worrying about criticism? I worry about that at times, but decide to post my stuff anyhow, as it continues to help me with my own journey. Suppose even the critical stuff does...as we have said, "everyone is entitled to their opinion"!!

OK, have a great Wed!
    Becca
    PS: bought my airline ticket for NY. I'll be there sat thru mon aug 5th to 7th

Comment

July 5

Chrys, Becca, Judie all.....can't always keep names straight!

Happy Wednesday to you! I had a wonderful 4th, ended up pooping out before the fireworks though, listened to the hypno CD and don't even remember the end of it!!

Woke up at 1:30AM and fell back asleep til 6am when I had to get up for work UCCH!: Sounds like ya'll had a gread 4th, expecially you Judie, the habor(or watever it was ) sounded exciting!!!! We went to a freind's farm and they had bbq and beer and bottle rockets etc......nothing major, but ok........was quiet, and fun / kids had a good time!:lol

Is it ok to post on both abs and mod forum?? Or do I need to stick w/ one or other?? I thought since (like today I will be abs), I will post there too.....??? I don't know the etiqite?!

ANYWAY, HAPPY 5th to all, and look forward to checking in MANY times today..............

:h :d to all....Mary Anne

Comment

July 5

Hey all you Modsville follks!

It just me popping in to say hi.
        I love to hear that you are all doing so well but sometimes just reading about mods and drinking causes me to want to drink! Trigger for me! And I don't mean just one or two!:c
        Can't do that right now maybe someday, though. Probably not as I'm bi-polar and the alcohol causes the real low mood and then I drink to get the high mood undercontrol...It's like a never ending rollar coaster ride. The only way I've found to get level is to abs. Anyway , just wanted to say hello and I admire you all for the good job you're doing!:happy

Nancy:d

Comment

July 5

Nancy,
          Thanks. Just feel like I am struggling ..not really doing a good job..I think I do mods really because I am chicken to do abs...of course I have a number of more complex rationales if you care to hear them :lol I plan to do it though...

Yesterday had a rum & coke..then 3 white wine sprtizers spread over 3PM to bedtime. That is actually good compared to yesteryear before MWO..used to never be able to stop after an oz of hard liquor.

MaryAnn -- I hope some others that have been around longer than me & have experieinced BOTH abs & mods successfully can advise you on whether it is wise to try both at once. My first inclination is that it is probably not a good idea. I don't think we have any etiquette or rules about such but I would think that doing both would dilute your efforts & focus.

I also think, and just my opinion, that it is wise to be realistic about ones goals. I could talk forever about goal setting & this but there is a magic in just the discipline of sticking to one path for awhile -- you learn a lot about yourself.

Just some thoughts -- I hope some others will weigh in here.

Comment

July 5

7/5

Hi, checking in after a week of non-abs. I tried for 30 AF days, and completed 21 out of 30, not in a row, so that = about 70% = C.
            I prefer to earn higher grades, however, in retropspect, a C is average, and as it was the first time I've ever tried to abs for a month, I gave an average performance. I've been keeping up with the posts daily, just didn't feel like contributing...
            So I'm back...trying mod with AF days included. I wish I were stronger...but I am a very patient person, and am trying to forgive myself for my past excesses. It feels good to "feel like the person I was before"...before all the years of stress and fear and disappointment that I've been covering with alcohol....I continue to feel blessed with you wonderful people supporting me.....
            Anni:|

Comment

July 5

Jumping in and happy to be here in the Moderation Group

Had a great 4th. Went for a long walk, had my champagne after breakfast for a change, worked in the garden and then went boating with the family. Being on the boat is hard for me, but this time I made myself some flavored Ice tea. I chose to leave the wine at home and even though we had a none drinker with us, I drove home. Having a good day, not sure if the tea or topa is messing with my dreams, might need to switch to decafe.

Comment

July 5

Hi everybody! It's me the sleepy headed one!:lol : Feels to great to sleep in! Especially when it's cloudy out, I don't feel like I'm missing out on "river-time", although, it's perfect temp for yard work...NAH....That'll keep till later!:lol
                Had a great time @ the Party at the Port last night! Great music, fun watching the little kids dance(I still can't believe I married a man that won't dance )....Last year, a friend from Colorado was visiting, during the 4th celebration.. so I got to do some serious swing dancing! Had the dust kicked up around us... & the crowd cleared back for about 15 feet!:lol :rollin
                I did have 1 more glass of wine than I had originally planned... but since I didn't finish the first one.... I gave it away,... I decided I could have one more! So, I'm ok with that! Had fun & didn't let the Ol "EVIL TWIN" take over!
                Ran into tons of cousins & aunts & uncles, nieces, & my Brother & Sis n Law... "The whole Fam Damly".. Didn't see Mom & Dad, have to call them today.

Welcome aboard to Annifonnani & frmca! Glad to have ya here! Hope everyone has a great day!!:P :d .. Judie

Comment

July 5

Re: 7/5

ANNI....are you kidding me girl?? That is a B++++ in my book!!! You are an honor student!!! Proof: if you take line representing 1 month or 100% divide it into 4 parts/weeks or D/C/B/A....SEEE...however I'm sure someone has a brilliant quote about life & the irrelevance of grades yadayadayada:rollin

Comment

July 5

Re: 7/5

Hey moderators,
                    I am joining you guys.I had planned to do abs this month but have already had wine on 2 occasions and decided that before I go totally awol I'd better collect myself and jump onboard with you. I've been reading all of your posts for a while so I feels as if I know you all already.
                    I did abs in May(did drink on 2 days but not overboard) and continued on into jun but got lost towards the end.
                    Right now I have my bother-in-law,sister-in-law and nephew staying with us for the month of July. They are here from overseas and don't speak english and are dependent on us for everything. I am going a bit crazy(hence my inablity to do abs) but don't want to end up insane at the end of the month.
                    I look foward to moderating with you all.Have an appt but will check in later.
                    Janet

Comment

July 5

Hey Moderators. This looks like a nice place for me. I think it might be best for me to plan on moderating and if I abstain for a few days then great (my liver could probably use the rest). Drank more than I planned on the 4th, but haven't worked the program. I have a problem with commiting to anything. Gotta change that, so off I go to th health food store. Hope to talk tomorrow. Keke

Comment

July 5

Hello Mods

1 brandy & coke after really long day in garden, 2 reds with exceptionally nice piece of rare steak. Am enjoying after-dinner coffee - something I haven't done for years.

Crysa - it's now 6.48am Thursday 6th so I'm posting last nights tally.

Tawny

Comment

July 5

July 5

4 wines. Spread out over last evening so I feel great.

Chrysa it is 7.20 am Thursday here in Queensland Australia. I have worked it out that the board time is about 18 hours behind Australia Easten Time.

I was going to try abs but felt that I would feel too much of a failure if I had even one drink. That would lead me to think, "Why bother?" and I'd drink more. The way I am going now is that I so pleased I have cut down my intake to usually a couple a day annd am aiming just to be aware of the quantity when I am at a social event. The advice about not carrying the drink around is excellent.
                          Maires

Comment

July 5

Gosh, a gal turns her back for a few minutes and the mods board has filled up!!!:eek Welcome, everyone; it is just great to see you all here! Great to have so many to share all the ups and downs with!:d

Hey Chrysa, I'm so glad to see that there may be a way for you to "copa with the topa-dopa". I had an experience the other day where I just couldn't spit something out to the point where I forgot what it was I was even trying to say!! Fortunately, it was with a friend, and we ending up laughing hysterically, but it was darn frustrating when it happened!! So I hope the evening dosing works well!

Look Dick, look Jane! See Becca run! Run, Becca, run!! :rollin Just teasing, Becca--I think many of us overdid it a little this weekend, or at least yesterday, including me! You are so much more aware than a couple of months ago, and doing so much better overall, and I'm so jealous about the shape you're getting in! I know you will catch up your miles to your drink count!!

Well, MaryAnne, etiquette is definitely not my strong suit, so I'm going to pass on that one. I tend to think that Chrysa is on target though about not diluting your focus. It is fine if you are doing moderation and decide that you want to have alcohol free days. Many people who are moderating have planned to have AF days. I don't think you can say that you are planning to abstain with days of moderation thrown in though. Sorry I don't think it cuts both ways, unfortunately. Just my opinion. At the same time, it's hard to believe that anyone on the abs forum would object to your asking for support when you are trying to be alcohol free! They are a great group over there!:d Dierdre and Sujul are very compassionate!

Anni, I think you have to readjust your grading system, Girl!! 21/30 may be a "C" in school, but on this learning curve, honey! I'd give you at least a high B, if not an A! Given how hard this problem can be to kick (and how hard we can be on ourselves!) I hope you will see those 21 days for the accomplishment that they are! At the same time, I AM glad that you want to keep on trying! That is important!

Welcome frmca! Looking forward to learning more about you!

Hey Judie, sounds like you had a great 4th! Hope the day turned into more of a river day for you!

Janet, let us all know what we can do to help you stay relatively (hah!!) sane and as moderate as possible!! With a month of abs under your belt, you've made a great start!

Kekede, we're all here to help, so good luck with getting started! The more you do, the better it will work.

Tawny, I know you've got things pretty much under control, eh?

And hey, Maires!

Damn, I'm EXHAUSTED! But I didn't want to leave anyone out--and it is really good to see so many here!

As far as I go, I had a good 4th, at least until after the fireworks that is. Drank more than I wanted, in part because I ended up listening until WAY later than I wanted to a friend who is having a terrible time with her 23-year-old daughter. Daughter has moved out and won't speak to her, return calls or etc. Just completely cut herself away from family. It's terrible. The horrible thing is that I really DISAGREE with how my dear friend is dealing with this, but she is in so much pain right now that it would be so inappropriate for me to express my true feelings. I know there is more to the story than I know... So I just poured another glass of wine for myself and another and murmured soothing things until well after midnight. Didn't get to bed until 2 am. All told, I had about 7 glasses of wine between 5pm and 1am. I have resolved not to even step on the scale until the weekend.:

Oh well, today is another day, as is tomorrow. I can keep trying!

Kathy:d

Comment

July 5

Hey Kath...glad you posted..I can sleep now

..I'm exhausted too... for no good reason other than I am pathetic at adjusting to this topa, etc. I am so sick of me.. But another day to wake up to inspiration on the boards...thank goodness

You did a good deed last night ..I hope you don't feel too bad from the vino. I guess later you can be objective with your friend. Sleep well. Just take care of yourself for a few days..OK???? OK?? just for ONCE?? :happy :rollin

ps these icons are drvin me nuts

Comment

Working...
                              X