Sweaty-- is it milk thistle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if anyone has made a connection between taking milk thistle and sweating. I started taking it lately, then I was sweating profusely at night-- I mean soaking wet sweaty... so I stopped the milk thistle, and the sweating stopped. BUT, other things also changed around the same time, so I am not sure at all that it was the milk thistle. Anyone have something to add?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Um, done Milk thistle but no sweaty happenings.... Not much help I'm afraid Beatle!! Good luck - there does seem to have been a lot of sweating at night going on here and around and about everywhere (daughter/me/neighbours/friends) recently... snot nice!

Love FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Iv'e taken milk thistle with no probs.
      Paula.

Comment

Does not bother me either. Could it be the toxins sweating out of your system? I know when I have AF nights I sweat quite a bit......
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Well, I did take milk thistle again last night (after writing this), and I sweat like a pig (do pigs sweat?) last night, so I do think there is a connection. I guess you are right, lushy, that it is toxins coming out... I have not been AF for a while, but cutting down quite a lot... no big difference last night from the night before, except the milk thistle, so I do think that's it. I have to believe it is good for me, right? to sweat those toxins out? But fun, it is not. Can't wait to be AF again and be over this... 3 more days?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

It probably is the toxins sweating out. When I was drinking pretty much everyday and managed an AF night, man - oh - man! I would soak the sheets, esp. my pillow case. Milk thistle is suppose to help clean out the liver, so maybe it is aiding in pushing out the yucky stuff.

Sweating isn't fun, but know your body is working well at ridding whatever it needs to rid of!!!

Comment

well, I guess I'll try and enjoy the sweating then.

Comment

Beatle

Pigs do not sweat, so they wallow in mud to cool their bodies. The mud also protects a pig from insect bites and from sunburn.

So, my advise.. keep up the milk thistle and roll around in the mud...

Good luck!

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Great advice MM! Mud is definitely the thing.

And pigs are underestimated, I am convinced.

Comment

Beatle, Interesting, I've been on milk thistle and AF about five days and been sweating alot as well. Thought maybe I was goung through the change early. I will keep a mental note and see what develops over time and if I should stop milk thistle I'll let you know if sweating stops. I like the idea of sweating out toxins, maybe a few lbs will go with it.

Comment

So, what happened last night is I did not take the milk thistle, but cut down on alcohol also. And no sweating. phew...

BUT, I just noticed that my milk thistle is really a combo detox thing, with only some milk thistle in it and lots of other stuff like dandelion and artichoke.

I'll try it out tonight again.... and report back tomorrow.

Comment

HI,
                        I read somewhere that sweating is actually a withdrawl symptom from alcohol. It may appear as soon as 5 hours after last drink but some people take 5 to 7 days to develope these symptoms. Just keep an eye out for it for a while, if it doens't go away, consult a doctor just in case you need some medication to help you. And most importantly keep yourself well hydrated, tons and tons of water to cover what you loose by sweating.
                        I started my 30 days AF today and although i'm excited about it, i'm a bit scared too as to what symptoms i get and how i get on.
                        Good luck to you all anyway.

Comment

ok, I have determined it IS milk thistle causing the sweating. I stopped taking it at night about a week ago, and voila, no more (or way less) sweating. This is regardless of how much or little I drink.

How are you doing on AF, finski?

Comment

Never realised sweating was from alcohol use. I know what milk thistle is, although I really thought sweating was from meno? Sweating could be from the body eliminating toxins. I do not sweat anymore since being AF for like 32 days I think. Scared about PAWS. HELP!

:h
                            Rip.:h

Comment

I stopped sweating after going AF, so odd that MThistle would have that reaction...hmmm.
                              it does increase bile production I've heard so that might make you more "regular" but that's the only side effect I've heard of.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X