Off Topo-Supplements Only Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to get off this Topo! It really is messing me up--too many bathrooms & too much hi anxiety. I have been on it since Feb.6th & am lowering the dose slowly & will be off in total soon. I am currently practicing moderate drinking by her book--no more than 14 drinks/week, no more than 4 drinks in any one day, & at least 3 days/week with no drinks. I now only drink wine and beer.I am now on the full updated supplements except b50 & mag (I already take men's vitamins). I take 3000 kudzu, 350 milk thistle, 2600 epo, 5 calmes forte, 3000 l-glute, 750 gaba, and the all one powder. My question is which supplements & in what quantity should I keep for the long haul? Thanks Doc.

Hi Billy Barnes.

Great work with the Moderation Management Program. Roberta has excellent info on the research forum and a link to MM presenting all the basics. I like to remind people that portion sizing is just as important with alcohol consumption as it is with daily food intake. Mark your wine glasses with a five ounce indicator so you won't be tempted to over pour. Many people get discouraged with lack of progress or even relapse, which may have been prevented by consistently "portion sizing".

Regarding your supplements, I think the Kudzu, All One Powder and extra amino acids are very important. The All One has the vitamins and minerals you need, along with those very important amino acids. If you want to decrease the number of supplements you are taking, I'd recommend dropping one at a time and see you how feel. Find the program that works for you with the least amount of "pills".

Once the heavy alcohol days are over and you have replaced the B vitamins for at least a month, be sure to adopt a nutrition program with plenty of whole grains. Please remember good nutrition and if you have time, look at the WestonAPrice.org website for extras on powering up the diet.

Good job!

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X