Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provigil/Topamax Research Help Dr. Garcia or R. J.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Garcia or RJ,

I am at 225mg of Topa and abstinent for a month now and doing great but for the ongoing tiredness and cognitive effects. This is affecting my life in some very negative ways that I must overcome. My doctor, who is absolutely an angel, prescribed Provigil.

However, my insurance, Pacificare, will not cover it yet, and is asking for me to provide 2 "peer reviews" (from MD's) or medical write ups saying how Provigil effectively counteracts the sleepiness that Topamax creates. These have to be write ups that specifically address Provigil?s effectiveness on Topamax?s side effects, or I am out of luck with the insurance.

Where on earth, or I might ask, in what medical journals, or elsewhere should I start searching for this type of information? Will I need to go to a medical library to find such info? (I live in Denver, and know how to research, and have some medical connections, but not at a med school.) Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Backpacker

Hi, Backpacker.

I believe after talking to RJ you were able to resolve this and the question was answered in one of the forums.

Please keep us posted and good work on getting started.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X