So, MWO works, but?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, MWO works, but?...

I'm wondering what other people do in ADDITION to the MWO programme and this site... I know RJ would not mind if I asked this question.

Of course, this site is major, but in addition:

--I have used "Seven Weeks to Sobriety" as an additional nutritional guide.

--I have used other meditation cds.

-- I have used Buddhist readings to guide me

-- I have become more deeply involved in art and music.

I'd like to know what you others do (in a nutshell)...
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

So, MWO works, but?...

in a nutshell/melonrind......
    I listen to hypnosis cds
    I sleep more
    I've stopped watching miserable crap on tv
    I am more choosy about wot I read...not just any old mind numbing drivel...just starting 'What the bleep....' and enjoying the way I have to REALLY think deeply and differently, although it does make my brain ache a bit
    I eat faaaaaarrrr better, and have cut out nearly all processed foods and red meat, and take really good nutritional supps.
    I no longer have anything to do with people who make me feel low if I can possibly help it...I tended to try and please and then feel exhausted and depressed afterwards...I am a lot more selfish now.
    I take a lot of time out for myself doing exactly what I want to do without loading myself up with guilt....massages, walking, NOT doing so much housework, going out with chums that uplift etc etc

I don't think this is quite wot you meant, but I do not really have anything to do with any other programs or anything.....I like mugging along on my own

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

Hey melon, that's exactly what I meant.-- and you just keep mugging (whatever that means!). I got some good advice from you.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

Amen Melon...
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

I run
          I eat well (as best i can)
          I try new stuff as much as I can to keep life interesting
          I separated myself from the bad influences in my life.
          I let myself come first often enough to remind me that I am vital in creating my own happiness
          I live
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

I'm sorry to hear that about your neighbour tk. I read obits a lot. Obits make you think-- who was that person? what did they mean to the people around them? Where are they now? How can I feel like I want to die if I am so sad about others dying? What will MY obit say (if there is any ha ha).

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

*The book "Healing the Addictive Mind" was hugely helpful for me - maybe even a major breakthrough.
              *I ended a relationship with serious drinker.
              *I have joined a non-profit group and gotten a freelance job, in addition to my full-time job - gives me more to do, and some extra "sense of purpose".
              *I have begun working EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to deal with issues.
              *I am more attentive to my daughter.
              *I'm on a candida cleanse, to get healthy and clear out my body.
              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

im totally with you on the keeping away from toxic people Melon, I have a few of them im shakeing off one by one . There is something about me that attracts these idiots who seem to love telling me how to live my life ,raise my kids ,who tell me how I should handle my other half!!!! F**k off!! I dont like confrontation you see and the drink makes me even more mellow and I just listen to them and later I hate myself for it! Enough! 10 days af and counting ...

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

Unfortunatly its turned me into a bit of a loner for the time been but my new way of life will hopefully introduce me to some friends worth having!

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

Melon-I love it when you said NOT doing so much housework! I drive myself crazy trying to get it all done. But with a DH, two kids, and a dog who sheds all year it is quite impossible! I've got to let it go!

Olivia

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

I exercise much more
                      I eat better
                      I take dietary suppliments
                      I got back to my meditation.
                      I listen to more music
                      I read more
                      I just "do" more stuff in the evenings rather than numbing out in front of rubbish TV.
                      ie Mess with computer, modify car, work on guitar I am currently making, work on house, spend time more with kids, just talk to my wife more, go out for meals more often
                      I search out new experiences so I dont fall into a "rut" of boredom which might lead back to drinking

etc etc etc.

BUT - I am not sure whether these are the things that helped me to stop drinking - or if they are the result of actually having stopped drinking

Kind of chicken and egg scenario!

Satori

xxx
                      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

how long are you af ,Satori?

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

I spend more time at home and not at the bars

I have used Seven weeks to sobriety, and determination

I work out more

spend more time on my own working on ideas for my art

I am eating well, and not missing a day of supplements and vitamins.

ended a relationship which was draining me, both financially and emotionally.

and yes keeping clear of negative and self absorbed people has really helped me.

I am still in the process of clearing myself of emotional crap, so things are still difficult but no where near as horrible as when I was drunk or hungover.
                          (taking a deep breath)
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

Hey cool thread.

I was just sort of taking a personal inventory of my arsenal and I think that the more customized, diverse and full your arsenal is, the better your chances for success - whatever your goal is.

At the risk of stating the obvious - I went to my doc and told him the truth. Honestly, it was one of the toughest for me personally, so - bam, it goes on my list. Also, it lead to some other good things...

Got on Prilosec for heartburn, heading for ulcer. Worked like magic and took away so much pain and discomfort. When the pain went away, the realted anxiety and background noise in my brain went away, too.

Antianxiety meds (mine is Zoloft). I was reluctant at first, but now I'm a poster child for them. Don't care if I take them til the day I die. Without them I'm a train wreck; with them I'm human, irrespective of my alcohol consumption (brainy jane, where are you?!?! - I need a usage and grammer check on 'irrespective'!!!!)

I went to a therapist for a bit - very helpful, but I think you should be open to shopping around. Sort of like speed-dating or choosing a pediatrician. If you don't feel fully comfortable, move on.

And my new favorite is the Wendi hypno CD's. Soooooo coool.

Cheers,
                            Dave

Comment

So, MWO works, but?...

Yes - cool thread...

I exercise more.
                              Read.
                              Stopped sitting in front of the tv!
                              Rearranged the furniture in my living room.
                              Finding new friends. When I mentioned that we should start doing non-drinking activites they looked at me like I had two heads.
                              Learning to be stronger as a person and setting new boundaries.
                              Lovin life...

Comment

Working...
                              X