Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewarding yourself....what do you do?

Hi all

I am trying to get out of the trap of 'rewarding' myself with alcohol. Do any of you recognise this MO and, if so, what are your rewards to yourself for a good day or treats at the end of a bad day. So far all I can think of are long hot baths, ice creams and good books but I know that there must be more good ways of feeling good about yourself without a glass of something alcoholic being poured. Can I pick your brains please?
    :thanks:
    Bessie

Hi Bessie
    Don't forget aromatherapy oils! for the bath and for massage-it really pays to visit somewhere like Neal's Yard or a good health shop, the range is vast, there's something for every mood and circumstance and you can have a good sniff and a little dab, try out the testers, before you buy. I always walk outa those places feeling blissful! Using absolut aroma range at the mo-relaxation and daybreak are fab also ylang ylang and old faves Lavender and geranium-actually you have just made me think-must go get some oils suitable for spicing up and brightening up these dank dark days!

Anna x
    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

mmmmm...Londoner I'm drooling!

Bessie -
      pedicures, facials, a trashy (or not) magazine, playing with my animals, a stupid funny or romantic movie, a 'pick-me-up' decor-wise to my home, buying a nice dinner already prepared and bringing it home so i don't have to cook, a nice journal to write in.........

luv wonder xx

Comment

For me, it is a good book, and/or movie, definitely. And Wonder's suggestion for a nice dinner prepared---mmm, that I could go for, if only, if only...

A long walk is nice, too, weather permitting (which it almost never is around here).
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Play guitar & sing (torture the dogs & neighbors ..LOL!)

Go hang out on the beach or river bar & blow wonder bubbles, watch em float up or downstream...(if it's not warm enough to kayak )

visit my Grandma

Hang out in the back yard & read in the sun...(weather permitting)

walk on the beach

Make phone calls to friends in Colorado... or Washington...Alaska...

Watch the travel channel ... comedy central too!:H

treasure hunt @ thrift stores!

plant flowers

pick berries

Sometimes I just sit @ the mouth of the river & watch the waves coming in, wish that water was warmer...& there were no sharks, or huge sea lions... Although I have gotten in and surfed there in the summer a couple of times.
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
          X