Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors in South San Francisco Bay Area

Hi Dr. Garcia,
    Can you refer me to a physician familiar with this program that I can see re: a prescription for topiramate?
    I am attempting total abstinence (3 days only so far), but am certain I will need back up in days to come. I have the vitamins & the hypnotic tapes. I'm ready & committed to sobriety. Thank you in advance.
    Pinfort

Doctors in South San Francisco Bay Area

Dear Pinfort,

Congratulations on starting the MWO program. If you have not yet identified a health care provider, please visit the message board link area called ?FAQ? (Frequently Asked Questions). You may find the suggestions under the second question helpful. Also the MWO research area contains links to Moderation Management?s website where you may be able to find a moderation friendly physician if controlled drinking is your goal.

Keep in mind this program can also be administered by other qualified prescribing health care professionals. For instance naturopathic physicians are able to write scripts in some states and would be able to prescribe Topamax or other meds for you. DO's and nurse practitioners can write prescriptions and may take a more holistic approach. PA's need a supervising doc but can also be part of the team, especially if the supervising physician is pro-treatment. All these resources should be listed under your state's medical and nurse associations in the phone book.

Good luck to you.

--Dr Garcia.

Comment

Working...
    X