Medication and Shift Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am five days into the programme and it is going really really well. The meds/supps etc have been fine but as I have an unconventional working pattern, I would appreciate your input on the best time to take everything especially when the topamax increases.

Each week, I start work on a Friday night at 10pm finishing at 10am, same on Saturday and Sunday (finishing at 8am Monday morning) then my week goes back to normal. I'm not so worried about when to take the supps but I am concerned about the topamax. Ideally should it be taken at the same time every day? Does the larger dose cause any sleepiness? I'd appreciate any feedback that will help me on my journey. Many thanks.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your patience and good work with the MWO program. Topamax scheduling can be personalized and does not require a rigid dosing schedule. If it makes you sleepy, consider taking the larger dose before you're able to go to bed. Modify to fit your schedule. It also builds up a level in your system which does not drop to zero between doses. This is assisted by the time-release film coating on the 100mg tablets.

Also see what other people in the MWO community are doing. I have found administration of this medication to be very adjustable to my patients' lifestyles.

Thank you and good work.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X