I believe I will need a nootropic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think I am going to need a nootropic. Tommorrow I titrate up, 7th day & looking forward to it. I am very, very pleased with the program. I need to think abstractly for my work & that is not going too well though. Also feel extremely lazy, but that is my nature so can fight that. But ...I am afraid I am going to have a car accident. I am determined to stay on the topa & do the program. What is the best or recommended nootropic? Which one did RJ take, if that is not confidential? I noticed in the General Discussion talk of a Provigil(sp?) requiring a Rx. Are there equally as effective ones that one can get online without Rx. I know RJ mentioned "online" in her book. Would love to hear from anyone as well of course from Dr. G. Thank you so much.

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here! I took Adrifinil (sp?) for a short while, which is the one RJ took (correct me if I'm wrong RJ!!) I ordered it online and when it turned up the leaflet with it was in French!! Thankfully I managed to decipher most of it (am I glad I lived in Belgium for 2 yrs!). Anyway, I digress! I found it was a bit too much for me, what with the side effect of the Topa as well. It was like drinking a lot of coffee without the physical 'jitters'. Saying that I'm a homemaker so I don't have a mentally demanding job that I need to be consistantly on the ball for (of course this is up for debate). The side effects of the Topa do subside quite quickly but if you feel you need this extra boost, give it a go. RJ says in the book that they should only be taken short term though and I couldn't agree more!!

Good luck and Best Wishes.

-Michelle x

Comment

Michelle,
      Thank you so much for replying!! I am sorry I didn't sse the reply until now. Good advice. When did the topa side effects subside for you? Thanks so much.
      Chrysa

Comment

Hi again!

If you are on day 7 then I'm guessing that you are just about to titrate up to 50mg? For me it was the first week (25mg) and then the first couple of days after titrating up that the side effects were at their worst, obviously as your body gets used to it, it levels off somewhat, by the time you're getting to 100+mg it's less noticable but even now I have my moments (maybe it's just me though!!) The way I rationalised it was that it was better to be a bit slow that a lot drunk!!

Take care x

Comment

Amen to that!!

Comment

And you soun dvery mature for 29. You live in the UK?

Comment

Lol...thank you, I have my moments. Yes, I live in the UK. Where are you? How are you feeling now you've gone up on the Topa? Are you still considering the Nootropic? Or are you going to wait and see what Dr. Garcia has to say? You may benefit from emailing RJ directly or starting a thread in General Disscussion if you want more feedback? Hope you are bearing up ok, best wishes x

Comment

Working...
              X