help quiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help quiting

hi, i am trying to quit drinking on my own and i am wondering if you have any suggestions on ways to help me while i am trying

help quiting

Top tip - well it's working for me

I am keeping a diary - something I have never done before (15 whole days now and I feel really great). I am finding that in moments of weakness or desire if you like, it helps me to read back over the really positive things I have thought over this new sober period. I have been drinking really heavily for about 18 years and in the past 2 weeks I think I look about 5 years younger. Still feel a bit weak but look heaps better. Hope this helps in some small way.

Comment

help quiting

thanks

thank you for responding i will try what you said again thank you

Comment

help quiting

Re: thanks

Get the book My Way Out. Go to a Dr & get a RX of topamax. This site is for those who want to try this program. This program works. Why did you log in? Good luck.

Comment

help quiting

I've been trying to quit on my own for 15 years. Use this stuff. So far it has been workink for me. ps. also tried op rehab mm and wfs. I like the topomax and hypnotherapy tapes. Nobody has to know.

Comment

help quiting

My journey with trying to quit drinking started many, many years back. During the past 8 years I have been in and out of rehab, taken medication, cross addicted to excercise etc. A two year period of sobriety between 2001 and 2003 ended because of complacency i.e. I believed I was normal againand could drink like a gentleman.

2003 to late 2005 was a living nightmare. Seven months of sobriety have now passed and my life is wonderful.

My secret has been balance in my life and total abstinence. This has comprised of an initial visit to rehab, again, cognitive therapy, the 12 step programme, excersise in moderation, spiritual awareness (not necessary religious), self development through reading and other, keeping in contact with other similar people and living in the present moment. These are a few of the techniques I use and that have worked for me so far.

My objective is to "live sober" not "white knuckle" it through willpower, sobriety must be a time of joy and happiness and not fear and anxiety.

Good luck.

P.S. We think nobody knows about our problem, but in reality everybody does, so worrying about who knows should never be an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X