Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supplements.. Who's on first.. I mean, what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I better start my supplements again. I have Topa, but I am going to try without this time. I have it as a back up if I need it. I do have all the other supps, but I wanted to see what everyone is taking these days, i.e., l-glut, KUDZU, etc.... I am taking the ALLONE, but nothing else.

Thanks!!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

MM,

Kudzu didn't help me but I may give it another try. My "head" may not have been in the right place. It sure seems to be helping Beatle!! (Gooo Beatle!!)

L-Glut is recommended because of the sugar cravings. I take it and it does help alot.

I also take the Evening Primrose Oil, extra Vit C, sublingual B-12 (gastric bypass, no choice) and high potency B vits.

When I am done taking all this cr@p, I haven't got a bit of energy left to drink. :H

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

How much l-glut? I think I will try that and Kudzu. I don't like to take too much, that coming from someone that can outdrink a sailor - what the he!!...
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

lol cindi!!!
        I take 5000mgs of l-glut
        2xsolgar multi vits (very good supplements.....voted best in 'which' magazine...well absorbed by the body)
        spatone iron sachets
        40mg citalopram (anti depressant)
        herbal sleepers if needed

Also try and eat VERY little processed food and red meat...
        I've got a lot of body healing to do after all the years of abuse....

Comment

Yo Melonhead...I take the Solgar vits too! Big b*ggers, aren't they?? :H

I'm also on l-glut, siberian ginseng (for adrenal support), zinc (for depression), milk thistle, B vit complex, acidophilus and caprylic acid (anti-yeast after recent antibiotics ) There's a funny rattling sound when I walk.........

Suze x

PS Totally agree about having a good, unprocessed diet. I eat sort-of vegan (no dairy, but I do eat fish and eggs), no wheat and loads and loads of vegetables...I do think it helps!
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I'm with Suze... get as close to vegan as possible.

l-glut-- you can just guzzle it, as I understand. It does nothing for me, but I guzzle it anyway (10-15 grams -- yes grams) per day.

Kudzu is the only thing that seems to help my cravings. But it's early days...

And supps-- yes by the billions. They are the most important. Especially C, B, and cal-mag.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I bought a 4 times a day 7 day a week pill minder box and have the following in it:

a.m.
              1 multi
              1 kudzu
              1 co enzyme q10
              1 alpha lipoic acid
              1 50 mg 5htp
              1 chromium

lunch
              1 energy vitalizer (mostly b's)
              1 kudzu
              1 l-glut
              1 lecithin

afternoon
              1 kudzu
              1 l-glut
              2 evening primrose
              1 25mh topa

before bed
              1 gaba
              1 magnesium
              1 black cohosh
              1 50mg 5-htp
              2 flax oil
              1 melatonin/valerian/l-glut combo for sleep
              I also add a packet or two of emergen-c for a great c boost.
              Yes, I too rattle when I walk. But I feel so much better since doing this for several months. Even before the topa, and while still drinking much heavier, the vits made a big difference!
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Amethyst, that's great. I'm not sure how you are combining with food, though.

As I understand it, l-glut should be taken on an empty stomach. I also heard this is true for 5-HTP, but then I read somewhere else that it is not necessary. I think also kudzu is to be taken between meals.

I think evening primrose and flax oil should be taken WITH food.

In general, I believe aminos should be on empty stomach and vitamins with food.

Anyway, it sounds like you've worked out a good regime. Mine is even more extensive, but I've posted it here before, so won't go into it. I'm looking to simplify it at this point, but I think it has been a huge help.

Pill boxes are essential, yep.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Morning: citalopram (an SSRI), 5-HTP, multivitamin, calcium/magnesium, anti-oxidant, omega-3, L-glutamine (5 g of a slow-release formulation powder).
                  Late afternoon or evening: 5-HTP, L-glutamine.

I've just run out of kudzu (was both AM and PM), and I'm going to see if I miss it before getting more....

peace,
                  lilnev
                  Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
                  A: Practice, of course.

Comment

I'm taking all the supps sent in the MWO starter package. I follow the schedule that they set up. I have really seen a difference in my cravings. I may order the L-glut. I've heard great things about it.

Olivia

Comment

Hi there,
                      Was away for ages and am back on the boards.. attempting Monthly Abs day 11.. had a light beer slip yesterday so am seeking advice.

Am taking what i had left over in the cupboard from last time - everything in the morning:
                      All One, L-Glut 4x500mg, DL-Phenylalanine 1x500mg, L-Tyrosine 1x500mg, MilkThistle 1x175mg also some fish oil & glucosamine for arthritus. I know this is not very well thought out, but noticed extreme improvement in my mental state immediately after starting these supps again. Depression out the window instantly!! :H

Was going well up to day 10 with abs, however did use something to help me sleep.
                      At that point decided I should try to return to 'normal' sleeping and managed two days, however then began having severe cravings for 'something'

I've found a sip of light beer or two banishes the cravings and I can throw it out and have dinner (figure it's way better than taking valium or a sleeping pill).

I realise now that from what weemelonhead says I should probably start taking a handful of l-glut in the afternoon to help with the sugar cravings.

Last & longest, most successful AF period ever was on the Atkins diet years ago.. and I think there was an unexpected bonus in that it is kind of like an anti-candida diet too??? Don't know much about it, only that I had zero cravings for either bread or beer after being on that diet for a week.

Even now, the light beer craving is not an alcohol craving - otherwise I could not happily tip it down the sink! I think it's sugar. But wierd how after the first sip or two the extreme craving TENSION is gone!!

Weird huh! Any ideas??
                      Suze

Comment

yes Suze, the Atkins diet with pretty much whipe out inteestinal candida as well as stablilize your blood sugar. many folks don't realize it but you do indeed get a lot of veggies on atkins. it's perhaps the most misunderstood and misquoted diet of all times.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I am taking:

A b complex
                          A Cal/ Mag complex
                          Iron
                          Zinc
                          Copper
                          Selenium
                          Kelp
                          Evening Primrose Oil
                          Fish Oil
                          L-glut
                          Gaba
                          Kudzu

The l-glut, Gaba, and Kudzu seems to be really helping as it is the only thing I am doing differently this time around. All the other stuff on the list I just take all the time anyways

Bethany

Comment

When do you take your supps? Do you take kudzu and l-glut together? I thought l-glut was supposed to be taken by itself and on an empty stomach, at least a half hour before meals. And how about kudzu? I have been trying to take it on an empty stomach but don't know if that is necessary.

Comment

1)I take the l- glut and Gaba, Evening Primrose Oi,l and Fishoil on an empty stomach in the morning.

2)I take the B complex, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Selelium, Kudzu and Kelp after Breakfast.

3)I take L- glut and Gaba and Kudzu on an empty stomach about 4Pm
                              (taking Kudzu on an empty stomach in the afternoon hasn't botherd me, if it does you- take the kudzu with or after dinner) I need it during witching hour so I take it about 4PM.

4)At night I take a Magnesium/ Calcium supplment. If needed I take some melotonin or skullcap for sleep.

This way I can fit everthing into 4 times a day, any more than that and I don't have time.

Bethany

Comment

Working...
                              X