topomax & pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topomax & pain

PLease help! By the time I got up to 100mg of topomax daily I was in so much pain I couldn't walk and applied for disability! I have fibromyalgia and assumed that's what it was until I finally read the side effects of topomax and found that one of the last ones is bone and muscle pain.

I stopped taking it immediately, and within 24 hours was much better. However, little by little the desire to drink has returned. I've been off topomax for at least a month, and hoped I could take it just a little bit, like 25 in the a.m. and 25 in the p.m., as I've since learned it is also prescribed for fibromyalgia! However, it seems as though the pain is returning. Any ideas around this, as it really helped eliminate the desire to drink?

topomax & pain

Hi Dianalp,

What about the rest of the MWO program? Are you using the hypnotherapy program? What dose of Kudzu are you currently taking? Why not talk to your health care provider about Naltrexone, oral or injection, or Campral? There are many options available to you.

Best wishes to you and good nutrition, too.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

topomax & pain

arthritic pain and Topomax

I have pervasive chronic osteoarthritis including surgeries on my knees (one replacement so far), cervical fusion, ankle reconstruction and the rest of my joints are in various states of degeneration. Lots of pain. I will not take oxycontin or any of the narcs. Naprosyn et al doesn';t work and nearly gave me an ulcer. You mentioned that Topo might help with pain?

I took to drinking 3-4 glasses of wine in the evening which distanced my pain and allowed me to sleep. Since I am 60, I worry that it is damaging my liver. Especially since I take Vytorin. But I worry about adding another drug like Topo and the herbs thinking that might be just as bad. Is 3 glasses of wine a night and occasionally a fourth really that bad????? If I didn't worry about it hurting my liver, it would be a pleasant solution. Once every two weeks I do go out to dinner with friends and we each have a gimlet and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. No binges. What do you think??

I would much appreciate your response about the possible interactions and whether you think I should be going this route.

With gratitude,
      Ivy

Comment

Working...
      X