• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, July 18

Good day Ab-bots!

Happy July 18!
    Sun is shining & the weather is sweet!

I continue to be amazed by all the good things that keep cropping up in my abstinence. I truly never knew that life could be like this. I think I really have come back from the dead! I said it as a metaphor in another post, but the more I think, the truer it actually, literally seems to be. The claws of death had been clutching me and pulling me down, and now I am light and free and noticing beauty everywhere. Walking to work today I had the thought "I'm happy to be alive... another day of my life, another unique day to experience this life!" Hah! 3 months ago the thought on my way to work was very different...more like, UGHHHHHH!!! WHY IS THIS MY LIFE!!?? YUCK.... you get the idea.

I guess it is like coming out of a near-death experience... I was so suicidal last year at this time, spending my weekends in bed, in my darkened room, drinking. Yesterday I was in the sun with my friends, swimming in the ocean and eating organic fruit. And that contrast hit me like the difference between life and death. There are two energies vying for my life, and I hope to heaven that I can stay with this one... indefinitely.

Kathy, let us know how you're doing today ok? We've all got your back! You're in my thoughts all day even if I'm not here til later... :d

Great posts everyone! Thank you for continuing to inspire and support. Even if you don't know you're doing that, you are, just by being here & sharing yourself and your thoughts with us. We really have an extraordinary group of people here, and for that I am thankful.

Blessings,
    Deirdre
    :h

The quality of mercy is not strained; It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed, It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes.

William Shakespeare

Tuesday, July 18

i missed checking in cuz i'm out on a consulting gig. anyway, happy bday to me. i'm 46 and i did a super big celebration weekend first ever in along time 6 years i hit it up with lemonaide and i went to the super market and bought the storebrand bear claw pastries and the i can't believe it isn't butter and put it in the oven and my hubby and i ate 2 each with milk. yummy. so okay mr. chardonnay didn't get to play this year. but we did have fun in the sun. and we took the dogs out to the beach early in the morning before the life guards got there sat/sun sneak sneak. okay got to get to bed. working all week really long hours. so i'll sneak in when i can.
    love the posts. love the la posts. supplements with a twist. thats something i never tried. does it make you dehydrated? actually not finished

i do have lots of funny stories to tell when i get back but unfortunately they have to do with dementia or topa failure. like this weekend we had the the bike on top of the car. and we passed a fosters freeze. my husband said do you want to stop. i said yeah for my bday i want a ice cream something, well a long story short, we both forgot, and he isn't on topa, that one bike was on top of the car,we tried to flip a u turn but couldn't so,turned on street, went through (yeah, you guessed, it a car parking lot) and the thing that say's 8 foot max fell on my car now i have two dents on my trunk, big huge dents. well the bike flipped a beautiful flip, must have been pretty. i laughed really hard, my husband was not amused. i know it is like so much money it is sick but the look on the woman's face that passed us in the garage was so classic. she was absolutely disgusted shook her finger at us. and we just laughed at what assholes we were. have you ever wanted like a ice cream so much that all reason left your mind?>
    WELL THAT WAS US! now, the moral of the story is i have made less money this year than i have in 12 years, so this is not a good time for me to have a car accident. and i am squeeking by as they say. and my hubby was so pissed that the whole day my bday everything was going to be ruined. i feel blessed that an 8 foot sign only managed to ding my car in 2 places as i pointed out to my hubby it could have ran through my backwindow, etc. and we didn't get hurt and i still thought it funny and he still got lucky at the end of the day.
    so hey if your gal is sober enough at the end of the day i think it is all good. and he gave me such great gifts not monetary things but such great gifts beyond words. well, we feel that it is us back to us really. like before i got back to drinking. like i took a time out and then came back tougher and wiser and more loving. lol
    smiles
    k

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Great Story Kim!

Normally not posting at this hour, but I have to run my car into the shop. Just the usual maintenence, but I'll be there a few hours waiting. At first my attitude was annoyance, but then I realized that will give me all sorts of time for thinking and journalling, even listening to the hypno tapes, as the dealership as a very comfy lounge!! so why am I squawking???

Well, I do feel a little anxiousl waking up facing my first day here in Absville, but I do feel relieved, too. Don't know what each day will bring, but I sure do feel the loving support that surrounds me as I learn about living life here!

Dierdre, I won't get too far away! Baby steps for me, Momma Abs!! I'll be checking in later! Thanks for the welcome and remembering to think of me!

Anyway, gotta feed the kittys before I go!

HUGs,
      Kathy:d

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Happy Morning Abbers!!!
        Kim, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! I'm 46 this year, too - great time to get sober, eh?? MUCH better than how I woke up on my 44th birthday - let's just say not a high point in my life. :b
        Young - Absville is great - welcome. Hey, you can look at being scared as a sign that you are being thoughtful about the commitment you are making and are serious in your intent.... how's that for rephrasing.
        It is an absolutely beautiful day here - after a week of stifiling heat and humidity, I got to run this morning in a blissful cool - thank the Spirits for crisp mornings!!!
        Take care all,
        Peggy

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Hello Absville. Things are fine here and I'm taking a break from work and studies...this is one of my favorite vacation places.

Dierdre, you've had some great posts as usual. Thank you so much. I'm really glad we're all on the same team:lol

I'll post more later but happy birthday to everyone and happy 46 to the others!

I know that everyone else that posts will have a wonderful day as well, it's just fated!

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Morning friends,

Happy Birthday Kimber and thanks for that great share! My big 4-OH is tomorrow:eek

It's so neat to see you share so much. I can tell you've turned a corner in your path. It makes tears well up every time I watch someone transform from death to life. Makes me mighty grateful to be here. The bike thingy kinda pales in comparison .

Thanks Deirdre for putting the focus of our day into perspective. I so enjoy waking up each day to see what meditaton is there. You are awesome.

Peggy, Kathy and all... Blessings to you today

Love,
            Lori

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

:h I agree Cynthia, it's just fated, something in the air in Absville... and I'm glad we're on the same team too!

Kathy, you sound good! Baby steps will get you right along before you know it. Day one goes into day two, then three, and before you know it you've got a large collection of AF days to be proud of! You can't put them on display in your china cabinet... well hmmm, maybe you can...? But anyway, they'll be better showcased from inside of you. Keep the faith, we're still here for you... :d

Oh Kim! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That's so wonderful to be back and enjoying the gifts and the loving! Thanks for sharing that story, you're right, it could have been much worse, and I love the fact that you could see the humor in it. Yes, Peggy you're right it is a great time to get sober... well, anytime would be good, but we all have our own time I think.

Thank you Lori. I'm glad I could be here and bring something to the mix. I would wish you a happy birthday, but I'll save it for tomorrow... tee-hee

See ya later,
              Deirdre
              :h

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

'Morning stainers,

I haven't read the posts but just wanted to check in real quick. Still living in Absville... Day 42 out of 43 here. Got out of town company so, I might be scarce...

HUGZ

HAPPY NOT HUNGOVER TUESDAY Y'ALL!

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

I missed the b-day piece Kim, Happy Birthday!!! Great job on doing it sober!!!:happy :h appy 46 is a great age!

The car cost an arm and a leg. Now can't afford to drink anyway!:rollin Perhaps can't afford to eat, either, come to think of it!!!!

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

I haven't been posting much lately, I have started many posts, but just felt I didn't have much to add to the discussion. I have been pretty depressed. Sounds like others have moved beyond that, which is good to hear. I think my problem is facing the fact that I really can't afford to drown my troubles anymore. I am coming to realize how much I relied on alcohol to feel OK, even knowing that long term it would be worse. So I continue to work on a life in abs-ville. At least the company is good.

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

I'm sure I'm going to be depressed too, Kris. Right now I'm just focused on being sober, it's just day 1 for me. But I think I have used alcohol to mute so many difficult feelings that I think it is going to be difficult at times down the road. Why don't you talk more about your feelings? I think you would be contributing something valuable! From what I have gathered, not every minute in Absville has to be sunny and bright!

Hugs,

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Yeah Kris, I agree with Kathy. We?d love to hear any of your thoughts. And also, I really think CV could point you in the right direction with supps that address depression. I?m taking SAMe and hyperimed, and fish oil w/ other essential fatty acids. I seem to have a natural tendency toward low grade depression. These supps have helped tremendously.

I think if you attack the problem from different angles, you?re bound to hit on something that helps. But I know how hard it is to get motivated when you?re feeling down, so it?s a catch 22. I?m just glad you?re reaching out and sticking with it!

:h Deirdre

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Shas, I just saw your post from last night. How are you doing today? So sorry you?re blue. How can we help? I want to turn that blue face into a yellow one? ?

:h Deirdre

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

July 18

Happy Birthdays Kim & Lori!

Way to go Susan on 99 days!!! You are pure inspiration

So many wonderful things are heppening here in our little cyber town of Abbeyland. Sometimes I can't believe it.

Day 28 for me which I think is the magic number for when they kick you out of a treatment center. I'm not anywhere near ready to leave our little group yet!

Shas, please hang in there and keep checking in. You've got lots of strong energy beaming right at you. Focus on the good things and better days ahead:h

Matt

Comment

Tuesday, July 18

Re: July 18

Shas, Kris, and Kath,

How precious your thoughts are to us no matter where you're at. Early on, I wouldn't post if I was struggling for fear it would deter those who would come. Hogwash is what I say now! When I think of Donna for instance, I thank my God for the PRIVILEGE of watching her grow in her walk. What a giant she is for us now!

This feels like a spectator sport to me at times. Hope that isn't too crude a way to put it, but I LOVE watching you my friends. Kathy, Kris, Lori S. and others new to abs, It is our pleasure to join you in this endeavor. Your victories are ours, your struggles ours. We cannot do this on our own. AA has that right! We need eachother friends. I am so very blessed to be part of what's going on.

Hope it's OK to wonder out loud about something...what if RJ had struggles with stumbling? Would SHE be able to share? I hope we are creating an environment of open-ness and healing for all of us who will inevitibility slip sometimes.

Love Ya,

Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X