Is it possible that Campral isn't having any effect on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dr. Garcia, I have started taking Campral this week. I am following the dosage and continuing with the sups and exercise. I haven't noticed any difference in fact the last couple of days I am on a slippery slope. I know I won't drink but I am concerned that I am not seeing any effect on the Campral. Could it relate to the fact that I started taking them when I was premenstrual and that this may be having some kind of an effect on the medication. I have alsways struggled with my hormones, emotions and cravings over this period. The Campral is by Meryk and looks exactly like it desscribed on the Internet.

I would appreciate any input you could give me

Thank you

Yvonne

Re: Is it possible that Campral isn't having any effect on m

HI me again, I think I panicked yeterday as I had such a bad day. Last night I realized that Campral is working and the reason I am so sure is that after my friend had a couple of glasses in my house Iwas able toput a half full bottle away with no problem aor urge to drink it. This was much different thatn what Ifelt earlier which I now believe to be hormonally or emotinally driven.

Thanks

Yvonne

Comment

Re: Is it possible that Campral isn't having any effect on m

Yvonne, in addition to the earlier feedback, I would recommend you not keep alcohol in your house. It will only make it more difficult if you have friends drinking in your presence. Regarding Campral, you may find it loses its therapeutic strength rather quickly if you test it by drinking. It's important to read and closely follow the directions for all prescriptions.

Also please consider seeking the care of a naturopathic doctor for hormone testing. You may wish to consider bioidentical hormone therapy in addition to treatment for alcohol dependence.

Thanks again for your input and good luck.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
      X