tuesdays with Morrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesdays with Morrie

I just finished this lovely little book by Mitch Albom.
    It really drives home what is important in life and what is simply baggage. I would recommend it to anyone. It really resonated with me.
    It makes you think.
    Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

tuesdays with Morrie

Hi Lori,

the book sounds interesting but I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about it. Is it fiction or biography? What happens in it?

Thanks,

Raoul

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

I read that book years ago when it was real popular. Cried like a baby. I should pick it up and read it again. He was quite a man.

Raoul it is the story of a man who is dying and a loyal friend (the author) who comes to visit him every Tuesday and the dying man (Morrie) is quite a wise man full of wonderful advice about how to live life. True story and really a great story.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

He also wrote "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"---talk about crying like a baby! I was a mess! Loved Tuesdays with Morrie.

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

I agree. Great book. It's about the importance of relationships.
          ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

i bought it a while ago and never read it ,must go up stairs and pull it out again.

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

Hi Raoul,
              Yes, Lushy, the queen of the bleeping universe, is right. It is about a brief relationship with a dying man.
              Soccer - I need to get ahold of that book as well.
              Justin, I tend to be solitary of late. Need to work on my relationships more.
              Limers, it is really worth reading - go get it out and let me know what you think.
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

Yep, I enjoyed it, and Albom's other stuff.
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

Sounds like my kinda stuff.......will pick them up.......thanks.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

it is one of those unusual books where you feel terrible pain and great joy @ the same time. very weird.

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

Just found your book thread and am thrilled coz I LOVE my books and I have got a load of book vouchers for Christmas so I'm writing down all the good ones you recommend here, thanks guys, nothing worse that buying a new book and it turning out crap! At least I now know they'll be good. xx:yay:

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

im half way through it at the moment and its a real tear jerker but with valuable life lessons...a inspiring read.

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

Yes, this is truly a great book. I too read it a while back, thank you for reminding me that it is probably time to revisit this book.
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

His latest one is called One More Day and is absolutely awesome. Actually, the main character is sttruggling with drink. Quick, easy, feel good read.

Comment

tuesdays with Morrie

love reading again

I have not been reading because I have been to tired when I have been drinking but with 9 days AF my desire to read again is coming back strong I am going to library today (one of my favorite places on earth) I am not sure what I will get but will post after I read some of the book

Plumeria
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X