How long short temper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long short temper

I just started this process and am pleased and encouraged, but distressed with my irritability and lack of patience. I have 4 small kids, and I am just waiting for my husband to say, just have a drink already, you need to chill out. How long should I expect to feel on edge?

I am exercising (yoga/dance/pilates/jogging) eating well, using the CD's taking the supplements and topomax. If I had an expectation of the adjustment time that would help.

Thanks

Jane A

How long short temper

Hello, Jane.

The irritability you described is a natural result of withdrawal from ETOH (alcohol) and your body is letting you know it is rebelling. Please understand that as unpleasant as it may be, it is completely normal and a process you must undergo as you get healthy. You will see many messages in the forums describing similar experiences of others.

It sounds like you are employing a number of positive tools to help you remain calm and engage in relaxation, so that is excellent. I hope your husband is able to resist the offer of drinks.

You may wish to increase the amount of Calms Forte. GABA is also very calming. In addition, warms baths, chamomile tea, positive music and funny movies are helpful.

You should be able to put this phase behind you within a week. Keep up the excellent work. You will find it worth the struggle.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X