• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey is good for you!

Not just for holidays, you know...

WHFoods: Turkey
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Turkey is good for you!

It's not good for the turkey, though, is it?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

LOL Beatle,

Have to agree!

Satori
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

so, while we're on this subject... how about cold turkey?

Anyone know the origins of that? I've heard a couple of theories. One is that you look like a cold, freshly plucked turkey the first days after quitting. The other is that it is an easy dish to make (leftovers, of course). So, it's supposed to be easy?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

I dunno where 'cold turkey' came from - but you remind me of what I heard a comedian say...

He said, "I'm quitting cold turkey. So I tell people that and they ask, what are you quitting? And I answer, 'cold turkey'. No more cold turkey for me!"
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

But I thought you just said it's good for you...?

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

It's not very good at the moment if you get your Christmas turkey from Norfolk(UK). There has been another outbreak of bird flu that has meant thousands of turkeys have already been killed. I'm eating badger for Xmas this year just to be on the sage side.

EAT A BADGER THIS CHRISTMAS, URGES GOVERNMENT

WITH Britain's turkey population teetering on the brink of a flu-ridden crisis, the public is being urged to eat a badger this Christmas.

Have your badger after the Queen, say experts
              Ministers are calling on local communities to organise themselves into roving badger squads to ensure Britain does not starve to death between 2pm and 6pm on December 25th.

Bill McKay, head of Christmas at the department of health, said: "I regret to announce that Britain's turkeys are now minging. Badger though, eh? Not bad.

"Badgers are nutritious and tasty, though I strongly recommend that you get yourself and your children very heavily drunk beforehand."

McKay added: "Badger hunting is a doddle. Main thing is to use the right bait - preferably a combination of sweet corn, spinach, dead mice and Funky Town by Lipps Inc. They bloody love that."

According to government recommendations badger should be cooked with a meat stuffing such as goose or turkey and covered in a three-inch layer of bacon and marmalade.

"If you put a gun to my head I would probably eat a very small bit inside a cheese toastie," said McKay.

But ministers are facing conflict after Britain's farmers demanded exclusive rights to fatten millions of badgers in tiny electrified cages.

An NFU spokesman said: "Do exactly what we want or we'll spray your houses with shit."

Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

Badger? BADGER? How about a stray cat? Maybe a cute little squirrel as a side dish? Or if you prefer night hunting, a racoon?

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

One theory i heard for why withdrawal was called cold turkey was:

Withdrawals are like cold turkey after christmas - seems to last forever!

Satori

xxx
                  "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

Cold tofurkey is better (at least for the soul).

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

Very, very funny Hippie :H :H :H

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

:H Go Hippie Go!!:H

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

Badgers?

Badgers??

We don't need no stinking badgers!!

Cindi

(I can never remember what movie that came from..)
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

Groundhog Day?

Comment

Turkey is good for you!

Aaah. Remebered. UHF was the movie. Weird Al Yankovic movie.

Originally from some Humphrey Bogart movie and it was "Badges, Badges, we don't need no stinking badges"
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X