Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing a dose

I am on 200 mg Topamax
    I think I missed my morning dose, but I am not sure!

I take 100 mg AM and 100 mg PM,

I was using a pill cutter to cut several 200 mg pills in half this morning for the week, and doing 8 other things at once.......... anyway, I thought I had taken this mornings 100. Then when I got back from my run this morning, I saw a half tab next to my computer, and I am so confused! It is entirely possible I was looking for some water and didnt swallow it at all, mornings are very hectic getting my children to school, and myself to work and everything else.

Anyway, I was afraid to take it in case of doubling,
    and my question is: Are there any ill - effects that I might experience if in fact I miss it entirely and just have tonight's 100 mg, then go back to 200 mg tomorow?

Thank you !
    And I will take this as a sign to slow down!

Missing a dose

Hi Vida21.

I wouldn't worry about this. If you miss one or take an extra, Topamax has a wide margin of safety. I would worry about fuzzy thinking and trying to do too much all at once. The infamous multitasking! People forget to drink water and also may increase risk of accidents by being inattentive to the here and now. Good job on trying to slow down a bit and focusing!

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X