Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep Aids

Hi Dr Garcia,
    I have been discussing some sleep aids in chat. I'm still waiting for supps etc. In the meantime I asked my doc about an over the counter sleep aid called 'Restavit' (doxylamine succinate). I was taking 1/4 of a 25mg tablet after 1 glass of wine and would usually be asleep before end of 2nd glass. My Doc told me not to do that as it has a trippling effect (ie: 1glass + restavit = 3glasses) on the liver. So I stopped. Since then have found Allie who was doing something similar with 'Lunesta' which is prescription. We both thought we had found something good so it was dissappointing when I looked up lunesta website and found they say no to alchol too. In the meantime while waiting for doc appt.. I've gone back to my 1/4 restavit method because I still think it's better than 7-8 glasses of wine. I am trying to stick to a diet to heal 'leaky-gut' while I'm waiting for supps so really want to cut back on wine & the restavit seems to help. It also prevents me from wanting to go out & buy more (when I get agitated cause I can't sleep). Do you have any advice/comments for us? Thank you very much for your previous replies.
    Best Wishes,
    MFM

Sleep Aids

Hi MFM,

I am a firm believer in reading all the info on the packages of these OTC products. I think if you review it, you'll see there is a strong caution about the use of alcohol with it. And yes, the tripling concern is valid. I am reminded that two of our greatest classic hard rock bands were changed forever by this very thing, forgetting about this drug/alcohol tripling effect.

I would encourage you to exercise aerobically (six hours before bedtime or earlier). Then try German Chamomile Tea right before doing the Sleep Learning tape and while doing relaxed breathing exercises. The agitation you're feeling is alcohol withdrawal and should pass as you continue on the program.

By the way, the bands were AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

Good work and Good health

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X