Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post info. on medication and spplements in one spot

Dr Garcia or Gracie.
    I know that this information is posted in various threads. So many things have changed that I think it would be helpful if a table was posted in a constant place on the site with everything that people should be taking including L-Glut, GABA, KUDZU, Evening Primrose, All-in-One etc. and the reasons why. Also if you are taking Topomax for example do you need GABA or do you replace one with the other.

It is all becoming every confusing at least for me and there are now so many threads on the site that it is very hard to go back and find out why you should be taking some of the supps. I completely lost track about why GABA is important and if it is needed if you are taking Topomax.

If everything was was all on one place that didn't move or get old everyone could be pointed there and it could be updated if you added or changed information.

Please consider this to help out people like me who are getting completely confused.

Thank you

Yvonne

Re: Please post info. on medication and spplements in one sp

Yes, please do

If not everything, just everything that has been added since the publication of the book.

Comment

Big ditto from me, Dr. Garcia! That would be wonderful, as I am just starting and cannot for the life of me finf all of the info in a consolidated up-to-date spot.
      VERY much appreciated!
      Becca

Comment

Yes Dr Garcia..
        And while we're at it.. it would be good if that place had connections for different countries?
        I like the fact that I've found someone else from my country.. but the beauty of this site is that it is so anonymous.. we can confess & find support without endangering our privacy/lives..
        However I fear that person is too scared to talk to me because we don't want to meet!!
        So advice on particular supp' supplies in different countries would be great!! Not to mention legalities.. banned substances.. preferred sites, shipping, taxes.. etc. I had trouble getting Kudzu in Australia.. problems with the TGA (therapeutic goods administration) and import laws. finally ordered from us site (fingers crossed) not to mention Topa.. which my doc thinks might be illegal to prescribe for anything other than epilepsy here.. Also we have a thing here called PBS (pharmaceutical benefits scheme) which enables government funding for some drugs if you qualify.. ie: an epileptic pensioner might get topa a subsidised rate, but for anyone else, it would cost a bomb!
        Hey I bet for the site manager this is becoming a cross-referencing nightmare!! LOL
        My work is largely in cross-referencing data, so I feel your pain. Thanks for a great site,
        Best Wishes,
        MFM

Comment

Hi, RJ here posting from the doctor's office again....

We are currently pulling together an official "update" which we plan to link from our new website when it launches in the next couple of weeks. Dr. Garcia asked if I could follow up on this one, since we're already working on it. I'll try to post a response in the next couple of days. We have all been extraordinarily busy this past week and haven't been able to respond, but please know this information is on its way!

RJ

Comment

does anyone know about taking topamax if you are on an antidepressant?

Comment

Hi, Elle. Please do a search on this board and you'll find a number of posts regarding this question that should be helpful. (In both Dr. Garcia's forum and other areas.)

Also, I've gotten behind on posting the comprehensive/updated supplement info, but plan to have that up by day's end. In this part of the world, anyway!

RJ

Comment

Here is a draft document with updates to our supplement program. It will be posted here for a few days, then moved and officially presented in a general area on the discussion board. I did want to try and get it out, though, as I'd promised it earlier and have gotten behind.

Updated Recommendations for the My Way Out Nutritional program
                DRAFT DOCUMENT, 2/28/06
                Copyright Capalo Press and Health Sciences, 2006

Best,

RJ

Comment

VERY HELPFUL RJ AND DR. GARCIA
                  Thanks, that answered all my "supps" questions.
                  Becca

Comment

Perfect timing...Thank you so much for this info!

I hope you don't mind but I printed a copy out to add to my book.

~Tammie

Comment

Working...
                    X